"Remote Location" Extra Shipping Charge??

CaseyDeuce CaseyDeuce
I can't be the only one who thinks its a bit ridiculous to get an extra shipping charge for "domestic remote locations." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I guess I'll be doing less small ordering, and hoping to be able to wait longer between orders and hope that free shipping still works for my "domestic remote location." *eyeroll*
12/01/2012
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Try a luxury harness with a dildo and save 45% on a kit!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
*Camoprincess* *Camoprincess*
Quote:
Originally posted by CaseyDeuce
I can't be the only one who thinks its a bit ridiculous to get an extra shipping charge for "domestic remote locations." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I guess I'll be doing less small ordering, and hoping to be able to wait longer between ... More
It isn't up to Eden when it comes to that it is UPS/USPS that determines "remote locations" in their routes. I am not sure how that all works I just know that when it won't allow me to get UPS I still have the option of USPS. Maybe try removing your address and reenter it without the last 4 numbers of the zip code, I have had to do that an it worked.
12/01/2012
CaseyDeuce CaseyDeuce
Quote:
Originally posted by *Camoprincess*
It isn't up to Eden when it comes to that it is UPS/USPS that determines "remote locations" in their routes. I am not sure how that all works I just know that when it won't allow me to get UPS I still have the option of USPS. Maybe ... More
I know its not their fault, just stinks that it automatically does that. I don't have any extra shipping charges on any other site I shop either though?

I'll try your trick of taking away the last 4 of the zip!!

Thanks!
12/01/2012
*Camoprincess* *Camoprincess*
Quote:
Originally posted by CaseyDeuce
I know its not their fault, just stinks that it automatically does that. I don't have any extra shipping charges on any other site I shop either though?

I'll try your trick of taking away the last 4 of the zip!!

Thanks!
You're welcome I have been told I lived in a remote area when I live in a small town an the UPS Store is right up the road and so is the post office. I hope that works for you!!
12/01/2012
Britt&Rich Britt&Rich
I know this thread is a bit old but I found myself having the same issue earlier today. Just wanted to leave my solution since this comes up when searching.

I found that actually typing out "street" instead of using the abbreviation "st" made all the difference. Magically, after typing out the whole word, it realized I really don't live in a remote location.
03/14/2013
Total posts: 5
Unique posters: 3