So I submitted an article on Yaoi, should I do a Follow up?

AndroAngel AndroAngel
I submitted an article to Eden Cafe (it hasn't gone live yet) about Yaoi (Idealized homoerotic stories/manga typically by women for women) and the hazards of basing opinions on real relationships and real sex on it when it is clearly meant to be used only for fantasy material. Should I do a related follow up article or should I do my next article on something else entirely?
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Write an article about Bara (more realistic homoerotic media typically for men by men) as a follow up.
Kkay , Girly Girl , Elnoa , PeachieClean , Eucaly , klyte , MamaDivine , jmex83 , Djiffy , ViVix , amenti , Pururin , eri86 , karenm
14
Write an article about your experiences with anal sex, etc. as a follow up.
Write an article about your experiences with the GLBT community as a follow up.
Hibangel , tigertiger
2
Write an article about the things you like about yaoi as a follow up.
klyte , Hibangel , tigertiger , amenti , eri86
5
Write an article about something else as a follow up (My Suggestion is below).
Pururin
1
Write an article about something else entirely. (You have something in mind already, I'm sure.)
Nora , Hibangel
2
Write an article about something else entirely (my suggestion is below)
Total votes: 24 (17 voters)
Poll is closed
10/19/2011
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Jul!a Jul!a
I think that if a follow up on it is what you want to write about next, then go ahead and do that. Or feel free to write about anything else you want
10/19/2011
Girly Girl Girly Girl
great
10/19/2011
Kkay Kkay
A follow-up on bara could be interesting, but I'd be careful of falling into the trap of all gei comi automatically portraying more realistic homosexual relationships than yaoi. The most outstanding example of published (non-doujinshi) bara that stands out in my mind involves a man being pimped out by his brother to both his coworkers and his horse. But only when his brother isn't using him himself, of course.
10/19/2011
AndroAngel AndroAngel
Quote:
Originally posted by Kkay
A follow-up on bara could be interesting, but I'd be careful of falling into the trap of all gei comi automatically portraying more realistic homosexual relationships than yaoi. The most outstanding example of published (non-doujinshi) bara that ... More
That is true. I'm still doing research on Bara as it came up in my research for the yaoi piece. It seems to have a tendency to be more realistic, preparation and sex-wise, at the very least, but as with most fiction, the story lines can be a bit... out there. At least with that, though, it's pretty obvious that it's meant to be fiction.
10/19/2011
Kkay Kkay
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
That is true. I'm still doing research on Bara as it came up in my research for the yaoi piece. It seems to have a tendency to be more realistic, preparation and sex-wise, at the very least, but as with most fiction, the story lines can be a ... More
If bara's not your genre, I'd suggest reading through a few before doing an article on it. It's a word that can mean different things to different people-- in some circles, all bara means is muscular men.
10/19/2011
AndroAngel AndroAngel
Quote:
Originally posted by Kkay
If bara's not your genre, I'd suggest reading through a few before doing an article on it. It's a word that can mean different things to different people-- in some circles, all bara means is muscular men.
That's what I'm doing. I never write anything without doing thorough research. I'm thinking I might do better to compare Yaoi and Bara to real life in a three parter, though.
10/19/2011
Kkay Kkay
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
That's what I'm doing. I never write anything without doing thorough research. I'm thinking I might do better to compare Yaoi and Bara to real life in a three parter, though.
I'd definitely read it if you did. Sounds like an interesting contrast.
10/19/2011
Eucaly Eucaly
Bara is the next logical step.
12/08/2011
Nora Nora
No idea what you "should" write...but now I have something new to read up on!
12/08/2011
Hibangel Hibangel
I'd say whatever you're inspired to write about next would be best.
03/02/2012
tigertiger tigertiger
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
I submitted an article to Eden Cafe (it hasn't gone live yet) about Yaoi (Idealized homoerotic stories/manga typically by women for women) and the hazards of basing opinions on real relationships and real sex on it when it is clearly meant to be ... More
i think the people who read yaoi and think it's real/realistic are in the minority, though. most people just enjoy it as fantasy
03/18/2012
ViVix ViVix
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
I submitted an article to Eden Cafe (it hasn't gone live yet) about Yaoi (Idealized homoerotic stories/manga typically by women for women) and the hazards of basing opinions on real relationships and real sex on it when it is clearly meant to be ... More
women for women to men for men.
05/14/2012
Pururin Pururin
If you write a follow up article, I think it'd be interesting if you did one on Bara. Or maybe an article on Yuri?
12/25/2012
karenm karenm
It's up to you what you write about. Writing a follow-up article could be interesting though.
03/26/2013
Total posts: 15
Unique posters: 11