California Woman Sues Sex Toy Company

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

California Woman Sues Sex Toy Company

Taylor Taylor
Has anyone else read this? I was blown away when I read it. A woman was using a dildo with her boyfriend and started bleeding heavily and had to go to the emergency room. The story doesn't go into a whole lot of detail, but I really want to know how it happened. I hope it was a user error, rather than having a very dangerous toy out there. So now she is suing pipedream for the hospital bills and emotional distress.

here is the link to the story.
10/13/2011
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
indiglo indiglo
That is very strange! I'd like to know exactly which toy it was and exactly what happened. I suppose we won't get many more details, but I can't imagine what they were doing!
10/13/2011
Chilipepper Chilipepper
Quite possibly she could have had interior physical problems (like a hyper-sensitive cervix). Or was, as suggested, using a toy incorrectly (it's actually easy to do that - not everyone is as well-educated as our community). Or is committing fraud (and yes, some people do mutilate themselves for fraud - can you imagine what you can get from a sex toy company for 'destroying' your genitals??).

And, quite frankly, the article was written very poorly. When did reporters get replaced by bloggers to give us the news?
10/13/2011
Cherrylane Cherrylane
Interesting, especially considering if this had been about a gun or some other product, they would have named the precise product in question. Frankly, without more explicit detail, it's hard to imagine they have a case.

They're suing for personal injury and negligence, which tends to imply that the company knew there was something wrong or potentially wrong with the product and did nothing about it. But if there was something wrong with the design or construction of the toy, wouldn't you think the users would have noticed it before there was an injury? I mean it's not like it stabbed her vaginal wall out of nowhere...

Anyways. I am now going to search around the pipe dream site to see if I can guess the dildo in question! Anyone want to join?
10/13/2011
AndroAngel AndroAngel
Quote:
Originally posted by Cherrylane
Interesting, especially considering if this had been about a gun or some other product, they would have named the precise product in question. Frankly, without more explicit detail, it's hard to imagine they have a case.

They're suing ...
Already doing it. I'd like to know if it broke or if they're claiming it had a sharp edge. I can't imagine a vibrator doing that much damage.
10/13/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
I don't think the case will get very far, 99% of all sex toys state on the box "For novelty purposes only". Sounds like a good reason why they put it there.
10/13/2011
Cherrylane Cherrylane
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
Already doing it. I'd like to know if it broke or if they're claiming it had a sharp edge. I can't imagine a vibrator doing that much damage.
I was thinking that too. I wish I knew a little more about the rubber collection. I'm sure some of them are very soft/flexible and I can't really imagine that even if one tore that it would/could break skin to the extent they're claiming.

However, some of the rubber ones seem as though they may be stiff rubber. Their site is horrible uninformative lol.

That said, there's always their collection of glass dildos... upon viewing the glass ones I definitely imagined them intentionally smashing the tip of one and claiming it broke off inside her. And then I laughed. Now I feel bad.
10/13/2011
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I don't think the case will get very far, 99% of all sex toys state on the box "For novelty purposes only". Sounds like a good reason why they put it there.
Very good point.

I once has a small blood vessel that just "broke" when I was having sex with a boyfriend, and we both literally fucking panicked. It could be what happened. My ex wasn't rough with me then and it would have happened with a sex toy too.

-I started to read the story after responding and her case seems much much worse... definitely not the same thing.
10/13/2011
Chilipepper Chilipepper
Quote:
Originally posted by Kynky Kytty
Very good point.

I once has a small blood vessel that just "broke" when I was having sex with a boyfriend, and we both literally fucking panicked. It could be what happened. My ex wasn't rough with me then and it would have ...
Yeah, exactly - I went through the same thing with Mulder (which is how my EF name came about). Some women have delicate cervixes(sp?) that break and bleed even while having normal sex ... so thrusting something hard and long can definitely do a lot of damage.

(Although I'm still thinking it's a fraud case.)
10/13/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
Has anyone else read this? I was blown away when I read it. A woman was using a dildo with her boyfriend and started bleeding heavily and had to go to the emergency room. The story doesn't go into a whole lot of detail, but I really want to know ...
I don't think she will win if the toy was within guidelines. They say the warnings on the package and to use at your own risk.
10/13/2011
Tuesday Tuesday
One of the commenters suggested that she forgot to take it out of the box first.

I cannot believe its the dildo/vibrator's fault, even if it had spikes on it.
10/13/2011
Yaoi Pervette (deleted) Yaoi Pervette (deleted)
The article doesn't even mention the nature of the injury she received. It just says she started bleeding and needed a transfusion. You would think that information would be in the court filing.
10/13/2011
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
Quite possibly she could have had interior physical problems (like a hyper-sensitive cervix). Or was, as suggested, using a toy incorrectly (it's actually easy to do that - not everyone is as well-educated as our community). Or is committing ...
I'd say about two years ago is when journalists started producing piss-poor news articles. I know birds that can write better.
10/13/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I'm not an expert on Pipedream products, but I'm 100% none of them have a retractable blade.

Maybe they did forget to take it out of the box?
10/13/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I'm not an expert on Pipedream products, but I'm 100% none of them have a retractable blade.

Maybe they did forget to take it out of the box?


I can't help but wonder how they leaped from "OH MY GOD! YOU'RE BLEEDING FROM YOUR VAGINA! YOU'RE GONNA DIE!" to "Well, it's obviously someone else's fault that is completely not involved with our sex life. How about we make money off it and sue? Let's just hope we win cause otherwise everyone knows our personal sex life!"
10/13/2011
oldhippy oldhippy
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I'm not an expert on Pipedream products, but I'm 100% none of them have a retractable blade.

Maybe they did forget to take it out of the box?
As I remember, California is also the same state that had the law suit from a woman against McDonalds who spilled coffee in her lap while driving, and sued becasue it was hot. That is why there are now labels on coffee cups in fast food resturants about the coffee being hot.
People in California seem to be suit happy in the first place.
10/13/2011
Love Perpetua Love Perpetua
What toy was she using!? This seems really weird to me.
10/14/2011
Errant Venture Errant Venture
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
Yeah, exactly - I went through the same thing with Mulder (which is how my EF name came about). Some women have delicate cervixes(sp?) that break and bleed even while having normal sex ... so thrusting something hard and long can definitely do a lot ...
I agree. It certainly sounds suspect. Or, at the very least, is a case of 'fecking idjit'.
10/14/2011
wetone123 wetone123
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I don't think the case will get very far, 99% of all sex toys state on the box "For novelty purposes only". Sounds like a good reason why they put it there.
Agreed! I am VERY curious as to why the specific toy isn't named in the suit.
10/14/2011
namelesschaos namelesschaos
Like other said their are way too many details missing from this story, what was the injury? What was the toy? What was wrong with it? suspicious.
10/14/2011
PussyPurr PussyPurr
It was not a dildo, it was a vibrator.

Reputable news outlet: link
10/21/2011
indiglo indiglo
Thank you for the better article. It's a very strange story and situation, that's for sure!
10/21/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Quote:
Originally posted by PussyPurr
It was not a dildo, it was a vibrator.

Reputable news outlet: link
Huh... It sounds like perhaps her boyfriend either hit her cervix (in which case, she should sue HIM) or maybe it wasn't related and a cyst burst? Either way, unless the vibe exploded then why is it their fault?
10/21/2011
Princess Zelda Princess Zelda
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Jen
Huh... It sounds like perhaps her boyfriend either hit her cervix (in which case, she should sue HIM) or maybe it wasn't related and a cyst burst? Either way, unless the vibe exploded then why is it their fault?
I think you are right but I am not sure.
10/21/2011
Eva Schwaltz Eva Schwaltz
Yeah it sounds like a burst cyst, here's hoping she doesn't win unless there really was something wrong with the vibrator.
10/21/2011
AndroAngel AndroAngel
So, given the reviews that are coming in on the Worx line, is it possible the vibrator in question was one from the Metal Worx line, and it had the same jagged edges that people are noticing on other Worx toys?
10/24/2011
Tuesday Tuesday
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
So, given the reviews that are coming in on the Worx line, is it possible the vibrator in question was one from the Metal Worx line, and it had the same jagged edges that people are noticing on other Worx toys?
I have the vibrator and its surface is flawless. It looks really good. I don't know if mine is just the exception though.

Plus I doubt small jags would cause the hemorrhaging this woman experienced. Something else must have been wrong with her.
10/24/2011
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by PussyPurr
It was not a dildo, it was a vibrator.

Reputable news outlet: link
Anyone else read the comments on the articles? Why are so many against using toys? Probably got a butt plug in themselves as they type.
10/24/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
Quite possibly she could have had interior physical problems (like a hyper-sensitive cervix). Or was, as suggested, using a toy incorrectly (it's actually easy to do that - not everyone is as well-educated as our community). Or is committing ...
I thought it was poorly written, too. NOBODY uses "pints" of blood anymore. No hospital anywhere in the US. They are "units." Never "pints." (A unit is just short of a pint, but they have not been called "pints" since Marcus Welby MD.)

The comments on that page were ridiculous. Morons.

I would like to know what toy this was. Also, how were they using it. There was a case a few years ago, when a couple attached a dildo to a reciprocating saw and it sawed through the dildo and hurt the woman. A couple also gave a "sex toy demonstration" to a class at Northwestern with a dil attached to the same kind of saw.

Who the hell does stuff like this?

Unless the toy broke and was hard plastic, I would imagine a burst cyst, too. Or fraud.
10/24/2011
eroticmutt eroticmutt
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
Has anyone else read this? I was blown away when I read it. A woman was using a dildo with her boyfriend and started bleeding heavily and had to go to the emergency room. The story doesn't go into a whole lot of detail, but I really want to know ...
Oh goodness that sounds horrible
10/24/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 34
Unique posters: 26