Do you like bamboo sheets?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Do you like bamboo sheets?

sexfairy sexfairy
I just really love bamboo fiber as a fabric. I have bamboo sheets and towels. They are soooo soft and feel fresh in the summer. Bamboo is a very sensual fabric to me. Do you know about bamboo as a fabric? Do you have any bamboo linen? Do you like it?
08/05/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
bayosgirl bayosgirl
I have bamboo sheets, and love them for all the reasons you listed.
08/05/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by sexfairy
I just really love bamboo fiber as a fabric. I have bamboo sheets and towels. They are soooo soft and feel fresh in the summer. Bamboo is a very sensual fabric to me. Do you know about bamboo as a fabric? Do you have any bamboo linen? Do you like it?
I love bamboo plants and I love the idea of producing textiles from them.

But I learned years ago when "Bamboo yarn" became all the rage that textile items labeled as "Bamboo" are in fact Rayon.
08/05/2012
Pinkshirt Pinkshirt
I love bamboo sheets and clothing bu they are so expensive.
08/05/2012
spookycutie spookycutie
I've never even heard of it, wow.
08/05/2012
LadyKaye LadyKaye
Quote:
Originally posted by sexfairy
I just really love bamboo fiber as a fabric. I have bamboo sheets and towels. They are soooo soft and feel fresh in the summer. Bamboo is a very sensual fabric to me. Do you know about bamboo as a fabric? Do you have any bamboo linen? Do you like it?
I don't have sheets that contain bamboo, but I do have socks that do, and I love them They're great for work! Breathable yet absorbant. lol, I don't mean to sound like a maxi pad commercial! But I do love them.
08/05/2012
potstickers potstickers
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I love bamboo plants and I love the idea of producing textiles from them.

But I learned years ago when "Bamboo yarn" became all the rage that textile items labeled as "Bamboo" are in fact Rayon. ...
Really? I like the sustainability of bamboo products since bamboo grows so fast, but if it's Rayon then that defeats the purpose.
08/06/2012
Ouroborean Ouroborean
I've never tried them, but I'd love to.
08/06/2012
Incendiaire Incendiaire
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I love bamboo plants and I love the idea of producing textiles from them.

But I learned years ago when "Bamboo yarn" became all the rage that textile items labeled as "Bamboo" are in fact Rayon. ...
That's interesting. I always wondered how bamboo could be made into a fabric.
08/06/2012
G&L G&L
I have a set and they're great!
08/06/2012
vanilla&chocolate vanilla&chocolate
I've never owned bamboo sheets or clothing, so I can't say!
08/06/2012
sweetiejo sweetiejo
I love it, I have both sheets and clothing made from bamboo, they are the softest and lightest I've owned of each. Both breathe very well also.
08/06/2012
sexfairy sexfairy
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I love bamboo plants and I love the idea of producing textiles from them.

But I learned years ago when "Bamboo yarn" became all the rage that textile items labeled as "Bamboo" are in fact Rayon. ...
Yes, it seems that they call it "bamboo rayon" because the process to make the fabric from the fibers is very similar to that of the rayon. But still it is made from bamboo, which is a very sustainable resource. Not perfect but better than some other things I guess... and it still is so soft
08/07/2012
married with children married with children
did not know they made bamboo sheets, but dont think I would try them.
08/07/2012
WhoopieDoo WhoopieDoo
I have bamboo sheets and they're sooooooo soft
08/07/2012
sktb0007 sktb0007
I've never tried them. I wish though!
08/08/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by sexfairy
Yes, it seems that they call it "bamboo rayon" because the process to make the fabric from the fibers is very similar to that of the rayon. But still it is made from bamboo, which is a very sustainable resource. Not perfect but better than ...
I agree, it is better to use something easily grown and highly sustainable as a start point for fiber/textiles.

However, I think it's important for people to know that bamboo isn't the "green" solution that many companies market it as. To go from bamboo plant to bamboo fabric involves a highly toxic chemical process, a process which completely destroys bamboo's natural antimicrobial properties. At least it should cost less than other Rayon products since it grows so quickly and easily, but if you look at the marketing and pricing for bamboo items companies purposefully target the more affluent/earth-conscio us crowd, which is slimy IMHO.

Bamboo fiber is nice, and I have a few things made from it (mostly yarn) but the pricing of bamboo products is artificially inflated so I can't really say, I "like" it.
08/08/2012
sexfairy sexfairy
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I agree, it is better to use something easily grown and highly sustainable as a start point for fiber/textiles.

However, I think it's important for people to know that bamboo isn't the "green" solution that many companies ...
I think it is possible to find bamboo fabric that is not bamboo rayon. You just need to be careful. I have organic bamboo towels and they never ever get that typical moist/moldy smell towels get after being forgotten in a bag overnight... so the antimicrobial properties do work with them, for sure. The tag on my towels says "100% organic bamboo" though. Not bamboo rayon. I bought them from a small Canadian company that specialize in quality organic bamboo products.
08/09/2012
GenderSexplorations GenderSexplorations
I've never tried bamboo as a fabric, but it sounds like an interesting concept.
08/09/2012
Sundae Sparkles Sundae Sparkles
I've never tried bamboo sheets but I'd like to try them...
I'm not a fan of normal sheets and have jersey nit sheets on my bed
08/09/2012
Total posts: 20
Unique posters: 17