Anyone good at cooking recipes? please help me asap need to shop soon...

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Anyone good at cooking recipes? please help me asap need to shop soon...

kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
if anyone is available that could help me before I head out in a few hours....

I want to make knoephla soup link

I think its best I leave celery out my ibs is really touchy so how about more of other things like add chicken more shredded carrot and potatoes? What can I substitute the cream for? I can't have dairy,plain almond milk with some melted eart balance or smart balance light? any better ideas? please don't suggest soy products,thanks.

where do you buy chicken bouillon cubes at wal mart and what do they look like?
12/23/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Bouillon is usually near the soups. I wonder if you could substitute Rice milk?
12/23/2010
kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Jobthingy
Bouillon is usually near the soups. I wonder if you could substitute Rice milk?
I already have plain almond milk at home I won't want to buy more...is bouillion in like a plastic spice or seasoning container or is it in a box or can?
12/23/2010
popples popples
Bouillon cubes can either come in a small box or a clear container. Looks like Walmart carries these kinds: link
12/23/2010
Kindred Kindred
The cream is also designed to thicken the soup. Can you add almond milk? I'm not familiar with what taste it has. If you don't mind the soup being thinner, you could use the almond milk. However, if you want it thicker, you have a few options you could try. You could thicken it with a starch (corn starch, potato starch, arrowroot) if you have any. If you have a blender/food processor, you could blend like 1/2-1 cup of the soup with the vegetables (especially the potatoes) and add it back in. Lastly, you could add either some bread crumbs or small pieces of fresh bread.
12/23/2010
kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
The cream is also designed to thicken the soup. Can you add almond milk? I'm not familiar with what taste it has. If you don't mind the soup being thinner, you could use the almond milk. However, if you want it thicker, you have a few options ...
ok I will do the cornstarch one..also should I melt some earth balance or smart balance light? they are diary free not sure if either one was meant to be used for heating up and sautteing things? I thought I Wouls sautee the onions then dump the onions and the butter sub. in....
12/23/2010
Kindred Kindred
The recipe doesn't call for butter, but you can certainly saute the vegetables first.

If you use cornstarch, mix it in some water first so that it doesn't make lumps. Make a slurry and slowly add it to the soup while stirring to prevent clumps from forming. Do this at the end before you serve.
12/23/2010
MR Chickhabit MR Chickhabit
you can switch up cream for yogurt, might make a slightly different taste, but no allergens (if that is the problem)
12/23/2010
kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MR Chickhabit
you can switch up cream for yogurt, might make a slightly different taste, but no allergens (if that is the problem)
I can't have yogurt either makes my ibs REALLY bad. so do alot of things people have everyday, for example if I had even 1 pop of any kind i'd be so uncomfortable and sick I'd be crying.
12/23/2010
kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
The recipe doesn't call for butter, but you can certainly saute the vegetables first.

If you use cornstarch, mix it in some water first so that it doesn't make lumps. Make a slurry and slowly add it to the soup while stirring to ...
thanks for helping,you seem to know about cooking do you cook too?

I want to make this also,but I couldn't find yams wal mart was all out or just didn't sell anything besides the canned kind...link

so could I use the canend ones?
12/23/2010
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by kinky girlfriend
thanks for helping,you seem to know about cooking do you cook too?

I want to make this also,but I couldn't find yams wal mart was all out or just didn't sell anything besides the canned kind...link

so could I use the canend ...
Glad to help. I do cook a lot.

From the recipe, it looks like you could use canned yams, but try to find plain yams. You don't want glazed or else it would probably be too sweet.
12/23/2010
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Sorry I could not help more I went out
12/23/2010
kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Glad to help. I do cook a lot.

From the recipe, it looks like you could use canned yams, but try to find plain yams. You don't want glazed or else it would probably be too sweet.
well do the yams say plain on the can or what? I have bruce's brand I only have 1 regular sized can I don't think thats enough I will have to shop tommoorow night again..
12/23/2010
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by kinky girlfriend
well do the yams say plain on the can or what? I have bruce's brand I only have 1 regular sized can I don't think thats enough I will have to shop tommoorow night again..
Usually the sweetened ones will say "candied" or "glazed" and will look like it has a syruppy sauce. They would probably still work as long as you drain/wash off the glaze. The main thing is that the glaze is extremely sweet and may throw off the flavor of that soup.
12/24/2010
Total posts: 14
Unique posters: 5