Harder question then it seems. What to do with WINDOW in ADULT PLAYROOM BATH????

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Harder question then it seems. What to do with WINDOW in ADULT PLAYROOM BATH????

Bignuf Bignuf
SO...here is the scoop. Empty nesters, big house, some spare cash, and we ARE building an adult playroom. Our Sex Gymnasium, as it were. Our designer finally admitted to knowing what was going on, since we were asking for some "ODD" fixtures (like 3 large fully mirrored walls (she never did buy the "dance studio room" excuse, especially not when it involved a DOUBLE padded, waterproof carpet pad and THICK plush, but waterproof carpet)!!! SO....now planning is SO much easier (she is YOUNG, HIP and COOL...excited about figuring out how to design a multi vibe recharging stand and attractive dildo storage pegs). There are SIX large Pella windows in that room, and they will simply have nice blinds and shades. We already have a mylar coating on the windows for solar heat reflection, so during the day, no one can really see in...they look shiny gold/silver. HOWEVER, the BATHROOM window in the adult playroom is giving us fits.

Over the 280 gallon, "seats 4" whirlpool tub, there is a 16 foot high arched window.ONE SOLID PIECE OF GLASS, and it is TOTALLY CLEAR. While the playroom is on the second floor, it backs up to a hill (at side of a golf course) and so anyone standing on the hill is about level with that window. NO...they could not see down into the tub, but could still see anyone waking around in the bathroom. Thus, we had a big white pleated shade on it. Well, now we want to really redo that room RIGHT.

Our designer gave us a few options and we honestly need other ideas/options or opinions. We can either do a FROSTED GLASS (looks industrial,and then we lose our million dollar view of the golf course and woods)...OR we can do STAINED GLASS (custom and not as pricey as we expected)...in themes with HEARTS and CUPIDS (no dildo's or naked bodies, as this CAN be seen from outside). However, it creates a CHURCH look, in our mind and even though I expect to feel like I am in heaven, when playing in that room, I do NOT need to have a religious edifice look going on, so we are cool to that idea (plus, again, we LOSE the view). Forget the "electronically darkening glass"....as Bill Gates has in his house. I cannot afford a $30,000 window and am NOT named Gates!!!! SO...it is either some other window covering or SOMETHING....but we just cannot think of WHAT??????? The bathroom itself has all WHITE hardwood cabinets and high end steel fixtures. The only "color" is the "light,cream colored quartz crystal looking finish in the engineered counter-top, and the gold and silver trim, in the tile surrounding the bath and shower. There IS a double strip of sea foam green glass clear tiny (one inch) tiles running round the entire room, with back lit LED night lighting.

Any of you creative types have an idea of what to do with this 16 foot arched window???? We don't need the neighbors seeing Mrs. Bignuf running around with a Pegging Strap around her hips or Mr. Bignuf with a double dong on, and chasing Mrs. Bignuf around the bathroom now,do we??? Might ruin the next chance at getting on the PTA board or being president of the homeowners association, even if we do have the best rose bushes for a mile around!!!!

Any ideas?
08/23/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
hawaiian chick hawaiian chick
I would personally would just get window tint. The stuff used for cars and slap that up we actually have that on our front door because I constantly feel the need to be naked but that's just me!
08/23/2012
Sodom and Gomorrah Sodom and Gomorrah
LOL your so funny!
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by hawaiian chick
I would personally would just get window tint. The stuff used for cars and slap that up we actually have that on our front door because I constantly feel the need to be naked but that's just me!
I wonder how that would look, however, from outside? Also, if it is dark outside, but LIT UP in the bathroom, won't we still be very visible from outside? Does it still allow a clear outside view????? Never had "heavily tinted" windows before.
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by hawaiian chick
I would personally would just get window tint. The stuff used for cars and slap that up we actually have that on our front door because I constantly feel the need to be naked but that's just me!
Double posted for some reason. ODD.
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Sodom and Gomorrah
LOL your so funny!
What is so funny, new EF Friend???? This is one of my more SERIOUS questions!!!!! Also, a tough one. Whatever I do to that BIG window is going to cost a lot and NOT be easily changed (especially if I order custom GLASS or TINTING or whatever). Cannot get this wrong.
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
What is so funny, new EF Friend???? This is one of my more SERIOUS questions!!!!! Also, a tough one. Whatever I do to that BIG window is going to cost a lot and NOT be easily changed (especially if I order custom GLASS or TINTING or whatever). Cannot ...
By the way...my hubby, who does not cuss, called this a BAW. A "BIG ASS WINDOW".
08/23/2012
Ganconagh Ganconagh
Why not blinds? They make removable ones that pop in the arched section and you could put a conventional blind underneath that. Check out Lowes and Amazon.
08/23/2012
Ganconagh Ganconagh
Why not blinds? They make removable ones that pop in the arched section and you could put a conventional blind underneath that. Check out Lowes and Amazon.
08/23/2012
Sodom and Gomorrah Sodom and Gomorrah
Okay how about custom made beautiful curtains or shades that way you don't have any peeping toms from the tinted windows.
08/23/2012
Sodom and Gomorrah Sodom and Gomorrah
With the stained glass it will make it look similar to a church chapel. Not sure how you would feel about that.
08/23/2012
Sodom and Gomorrah Sodom and Gomorrah
Also, there is stained glass that is purely white. It will give it an elegant look and not a church look.
08/23/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Man, that room sounds perfect for a dance studio room, it's a pity that was only the cover story.

The stained glass sounds like the best option. To avoid a church-feel, use a design that incorporates lots of "clear" glass, like this:



Less elaborate (not Tiffany style!) Art Deco might also be to your taste.

I think you're going to have to accept the loss of "the view." If you can see out, someone else can see in. You don't want to give some golf playing 80-year-old man a heart attack, do you?
08/23/2012
penny12 penny12
We had a problem with our bathroom window onlooking some rather public property as well and weren't sure what to do about it (let it be said we weren't building what sounds like an adult playroom heaven -- jealous).

I actually made a curtain that only covered the bottom half of window (enough that I could walk around and not have to worry about anyone in the forest behind us would sneak a peak). It had meant to be a temporary window covering but we ended up just keeping it.

Bought some metal/spring loaded curtain rods; found some nice white fabric at the store (though obviously you could use whatever colour/pattern/etc you wanted) and cut/seamed them and created a seam at the top that the rod fits through. I wanted them to have some flow/body to them so I measured the width to be the window length + half so when they went on the rod there would be nice pleats/body/etc. and measured them out to cover the bottom 2/3 of the window plus half of the trim surrounding the bottom. The spring loaded rod is held in place by the pressure of window trim/frame and we're able to keep the view/privacy plus its not a permanent feature and we didn't have to put any holes in the wall.

(PS if the description makes no sense I do have pictures but can't figure out how to attach them; contact me if you have any questions/interested).
08/23/2012
mikeysPlace mikeysPlace
I like penny12's idea. Use something that only covers the lower portion of the window. Just high enough to block the view from outside. Half height shutters would look good.

I also like the idea about a stained glass design that incorporates some clear pieces where you might still have some parts of the view.

They also have "stained glass" stick on decals in all kinds of different designs that could cover all or a portion of the window. Later, you could take them off to restore the window as it was.
08/23/2012
digit88 digit88
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
SO...here is the scoop. Empty nesters, big house, some spare cash, and we ARE building an adult playroom. Our Sex Gymnasium, as it were. Our designer finally admitted to knowing what was going on, since we were asking for some "ODD" ...
you can tint it or do like the some of the restaurants do with the advertizements they put on the windows where they see the advertizement o one side, but have a clear view on the other because of small holes in it, which can't be viewed on the outside.
08/23/2012
indiglo indiglo
I saw this on a show last night - a quick fix can be parchment or vellum. (Either paper or the shades that are vellum-like.) This could be applied to the entire window, or to just the bottom half.

The end result you get is that it still lets in lots of natural light, but you can't see in it - whether it's dark outside or bright outside.

It would also be removable so you could have a normal window whenever you wanted.

~OR~ You could do a big shoji screen in front of that window. (Would serve the same purpose but maybe look prettier.) Then you could fold it up when not in use, and again, normal window.
08/23/2012
WhoopieDoo WhoopieDoo
It would be nice to see a picture of your bathroom as is to facilitate coming up with ideas....but from what I'm picturing, staining the window with wide horizontal lines would look pretty snazzy without looking busy or churchy (but then how would that look from the outside?)
08/23/2012
js250 js250
I work in the advertising business and may have a workable solution for you....

There is a material--often used for back windows of vehicles. It is perforated vinyl (the sign and pinstriping type-not furniture), and you can have a nice scene printed on one side. You can also see out but not be seen--even at night. This material is not that expensive and can be ordered in 50' rolls.

Have you thought of colored lightbulbs?? Those also help. There are colors that make it difficult to see--I use a dark green vinyl for police car dome lights.

Or do a flood light pointing towards the golf course, activated at dusk, to ensure others cannot see in through the window. What about using a denser window screen and those mesh/lace curtains?? I have that on our bathroom window (looks out on driveway) and have no issues with people seeing in at night. We checked, lol!!)
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Ganconagh
Why not blinds? They make removable ones that pop in the arched section and you could put a conventional blind underneath that. Check out Lowes and Amazon.
We probably are going to go that way, but the window abuts right up to the edge of the tub. The whirlpool on that side is literally about two inches of flat ledge to the tile wall. Then there is a two inch "rise" of that clear glass green backlit tile and then POOF...there is the bottom of the window. No matter what we do for blinds..no matter how "flat" against the window, the drape is, bottom edge ends up hanging over the opening of the tub. (goofy construction flaw), and so we were looking at doing something with the window itself. Till now, we rarely used that tub at all (takes a solid hour to fill) and when we did, we made sure the INSIDE lights were off....so as not to have folks enjoying the show, from the golf course.
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Sodom and Gomorrah
With the stained glass it will make it look similar to a church chapel. Not sure how you would feel about that.
That's not a "turn me on, this room is for HARD CORE SEX" look we are going for...ya know what I mean??? I know SOME folks find that a "turn on"....but that just does not work for us.
08/23/2012
Sundae Sparkles Sundae Sparkles
cant your have the windows frosted? half way?
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Sodom and Gomorrah
Also, there is stained glass that is purely white. It will give it an elegant look and not a church look.
HUMMMM...now there is an idea. THANKS
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
Man, that room sounds perfect for a dance studio room, it's a pity that was only the cover story.

The stained glass sounds like the best option. To avoid a church-feel, use a design that incorporates lots of "clear" glass, like ...
It's why I keep a defibrillator on the back porch!!!!
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by penny12
We had a problem with our bathroom window onlooking some rather public property as well and weren't sure what to do about it (let it be said we weren't building what sounds like an adult playroom heaven -- jealous).

I actually made a ...
Thanks. I certainly know what you are speaking about. However, this window is 11 feet across and 16 feet high. I am not sure they make 11 foot long spring bars for this. Plus the actual window "depth" is no more then about a picture frame. It is not "thick" on the inside. It is DEEP from the outside (a full course of brick, in fact), but inside..not much to work with. Just nice trim.
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by WhoopieDoo
It would be nice to see a picture of your bathroom as is to facilitate coming up with ideas....but from what I'm picturing, staining the window with wide horizontal lines would look pretty snazzy without looking busy or churchy (but then how ...
I hesitate to do photos, because sure enough SOMEONE will go...HEY...I KNOW that house (it is all custom, including the window) and then my "cover" is blown. In my business, that could be VERY, VERY bad. I work with a lot of extremely narrow minded and sexually conservative folks.
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
I work in the advertising business and may have a workable solution for you....

There is a material--often used for back windows of vehicles. It is perforated vinyl (the sign and pinstriping type-not furniture), and you can have a nice scene ...
WOW...a lot of good ideas. The best may be the LIGHTING. I didn't think about using outside lighting to work on my behalf. We meet with our designer again next week. I now have a fist full of ideas to show her. THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Sundae Sparkles
cant your have the windows frosted? half way?
That was the original idea...but then we loose the view AND it kind of looks "cheap" in this type house.
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by indiglo
I saw this on a show last night - a quick fix can be parchment or vellum. (Either paper or the shades that are vellum-like.) This could be applied to the entire window, or to just the bottom half.

The end result you get is that it still lets ...
WOW..another possible idea. A window applique rather then shade? Hummmmm....wonder if something waterproof is possible???
08/23/2012
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by digit88
you can tint it or do like the some of the restaurants do with the advertizements they put on the windows where they see the advertizement o one side, but have a clear view on the other because of small holes in it, which can't be viewed on the ...
Going to look into that one. THANK YOU.
08/23/2012
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 32
Unique posters: 12