Has the change in economics changed your buying habits??

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Has the change in economics changed your buying habits??

Mamastoys Mamastoys
I was just wondering if the "hard times" in the "real world" has changed anyone's habits as far as buying toys and if so, how has it changed them.

As for us, up until the past few weeks, our hours and/or pay had not changed but we have learned that our pay is being cut and probably our hours.

Prior to this, we had been careful not to overspend on "fun" stuff but we were still ordering toys. But now, with the uncertanity of our income, we are going to have to tighten down on extra spending. I'm hoping to still get to order some things but I will have to be selective and monitor my spending for awhile.

Of course, that means we can pull out some of the older toys that have found their way to the bottom of the toy drawer and reintroduce them back in our play..

Anyone else having to tighten the play time strings???
05/03/2009
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ciao. Ciao.
I've been unemployed for the last 3 months, obviously reducing our income quite a bit. So yeah, toys have been one thing that we've had to cut out. Wanted to get the Share or Tango but we'll stick to our tried and true Feeldoe for now. Hopefully something will come along soon.
05/03/2009
Sammi Sammi
Not yet. I have a "budget" for toys, and manage to mostly stay within it.
05/03/2009
Mamastoys Mamastoys
I had a budget too but that is one of the budget areas we had to cut back on. Some other areas couldn't be cut.. But I'll keep adding items to my ever growing wish list and when things get better, what a field day that will be!! LOL
05/04/2009
Mamastoys Mamastoys
Quote:
Originally posted by Ciao.
I've been unemployed for the last 3 months, obviously reducing our income quite a bit. So yeah, toys have been one thing that we've had to cut out. Wanted to get the Share or Tango but we'll stick to our tried and true Feeldoe for now. ...
Boink... Good luck finding something soon..
05/04/2009
Liz2 Liz2
I have a toy budget but I am more aware of it then before, so overall, I do spend less.
05/04/2009
Cinnamon Chambers Cinnamon Chambers
I am buying more inexpensive toys, and enjoying my free ones a lot more.
05/04/2009
Mamastoys Mamastoys
Quote:
Originally posted by Cinnamon Chambers
I am buying more inexpensive toys, and enjoying my free ones a lot more.
I need to go through my wish list and put the more inexpensive as high priority for awhile..
Guess we appreciate the free ones even more when things get like this! Not that I don't appreciate them anyway!!
05/05/2009
Rockin' Rockin'
Ooh good topic. I don't order toys too often but I am very selective when I do. I just found out I will have an income over the summer, so that's great. Instead of just buying stuff this time, I've been doing some cost-benefit analysis to see how many things I can get and end up with a total right around the $59 limit. So I guess I'm putting more thought into it and also trying to get more, less expensive items.
05/05/2009
Mamastoys Mamastoys
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
Ooh good topic. I don't order toys too often but I am very selective when I do. I just found out I will have an income over the summer, so that's great. Instead of just buying stuff this time, I've been doing some cost-benefit analysis ...
I like variety but also want quality...some hard choices..
be sure to let us all know what you order and write reviews on them! Look forward to reading them.
05/05/2009
Total posts: 10
Unique posters: 6