Help with my sweet potato or yam recipe? PLEASE

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

Help with my sweet potato or yam recipe? PLEASE

kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
2 recipes I'm looking at..are sweet potatoes the same thing as yams? well I have 2 cans of bruce's brand..so let me know how they would work with both of these recipes and my ideas..well one recipe calls for frozen sweet potatoes just not sure wal mart has these..

link

ok sweet potatoes with turkey sausage breakfast style..the kind its like hamburger in a roll or turkey hamburger how about leave out regular potatoes or just use a bag of steam N mash ones. must leave out crushed peper and not sure I'm using oregano or parsley maybe just one. I have frozen crinkle cut carrots I could boil to a mush and use in there..wat do u think? maybe serve over jasmine rice? it would be like a soup with a little chicken broth.
09/16/2010
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by kinky girlfriend
2 recipes I'm looking at..are sweet potatoes the same thing as yams? well I have 2 cans of bruce's brand..so let me know how they would work with both of these recipes and my ideas..well one recipe calls for frozen sweet potatoes just not ...
It's saying turkey ham not turkey hamburger. Hamburger or crumbled sausage won't give you nearly the same texture. Also, the steam and mash would probably work..but I am not sure they'd have the same texture either.

Why do you want to boil the carrots into a mush? I'm kind of confused on that one. Are there two recipes because I only see the one for the soup.


And yes, Sweet Potatoes are yams. Canned will be much mushier and to me taste completely different from fresh.
09/16/2010
kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
It's saying turkey ham not turkey hamburger. Hamburger or crumbled sausage won't give you nearly the same texture. Also, the steam and mash would probably work..but I am not sure they'd have the same texture either.

Why do you ...
I boil carrots REALLY soft mushy so they are easier on me. never found turkey ham before...so turkey sausage or hamburger then? well I would have to find the other recipe I just forgot about that one. I really need conveinience tonight I gotta push myself to even go to wal mart and cook I'm ill with ibs tonight my boyfriend was just here I spent his visit in the toilet and getting a back massage. would making all that into a soup taste ok evn with canned yams?
09/16/2010
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by kinky girlfriend
I boil carrots REALLY soft mushy so they are easier on me. never found turkey ham before...so turkey sausage or hamburger then? well I would have to find the other recipe I just forgot about that one. I really need conveinience tonight I gotta push ...
Well the thing is that hamburger or ground sausage is not going to stay together the same way that ham would. Ham you could cut up into small pieces but hamburger is going to just crumble and float into the soup. I don't know..but I don't think it'd work out very well. What about just making a simple soup with whatever frozen veggies you can tolerate and can find at walmart? Just take the chicken broth, put in the veggies and then add whatever kind of solid meat you can tolerate chopped up into chunks.

I'm sure you could use the canned yams..but canned yams are very mushy and would most likely also just fall apart in a soup. You might end up with something more like a porridge or a chili if you use hamburger an canned yams. Still would probably taste ok I suppose and go ok over rice.
09/16/2010
kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
Well the thing is that hamburger or ground sausage is not going to stay together the same way that ham would. Ham you could cut up into small pieces but hamburger is going to just crumble and float into the soup. I don't know..but I don't ...
maybe just make it into a casserole? mix the meat,yams and carrots into a dish put in the oven at 350? or just yam and meat and mixin carrots when its out?
09/16/2010
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by kinky girlfriend
maybe just make it into a casserole? mix the meat,yams and carrots into a dish put in the oven at 350? or just yam and meat and mixin carrots when its out?
Yea, maybe kind of a meatloaf? You could even then take the steam n mash potatoes and put it on top kind of like a shephard's pie
09/16/2010
kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
Yea, maybe kind of a meatloaf? You could even then take the steam n mash potatoes and put it on top kind of like a shephard's pie
hmm will check into it doubt I'm cookin tonight my dad went to wal mart for me and I gotta clean this room and I feel sick. so I can quickly cook the meat tommorw open a can of yams...and throw the carrots to boil..I can probly prepare the rice tonight and put in fridge.
09/16/2010
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 2