Help with Tablet purchase

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

Help with Tablet purchase

captainsgirl captainsgirl
Im looking to purchase a tablet for my children and I to share. (they are 5 and 8) I'm wanting one where I can browse the internet, camera and games..ive heard of the ipad, ipad mini, kindle fire, and kobo..not sure what else is out there..what do you recommend that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.please and thank you.
04/08/2013
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE! Mix and Match
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Couples!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Her!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Him!
  • Holiday Clearance – Save 80%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
rosythorn rosythorn
I have a nexus, I love it! Graphics are amazing. But it does not have a rear view mirror.

Windows also has a nice one.

I would check which ones have the best parental controls. You don't want the kids to buy things without your permission, and some tablets come with log ins to limit how much game time kids have as opposed to reading.
04/08/2013
Carrie Ann Carrie Ann
The Nook tablets are nice and fairly sturdy with pretty many apps for kids, but I'm not sure if they have cameras. I know the older version I have doesn't.
04/08/2013
peachmarie peachmarie
You could get the Microsoft Surface tablet if you were in the market for that, I think ipad has more apps/more quality apps than android. But that's just my opinion.
04/08/2013
captainsgirl captainsgirl
Quote:
Originally posted by rosythorn
I have a nexus, I love it! Graphics are amazing. But it does not have a rear view mirror.

Windows also has a nice one.

I would check which ones have the best parental controls. You don't want the kids to buy things without ...
what do u mean a rear view mirror?
04/08/2013
captainsgirl captainsgirl
Quote:
Originally posted by peachmarie
You could get the Microsoft Surface tablet if you were in the market for that, I think ipad has more apps/more quality apps than android. But that's just my opinion.
surface is too pricey for me
04/08/2013
gsfanatic gsfanatic
I've heard pretty solid things about the Nexus 7 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. They're reasonably cheap these days since newer gen models are probably coming out in a month or two
04/08/2013
kendra30752 kendra30752
Quote:
Originally posted by captainsgirl
Im looking to purchase a tablet for my children and I to share. (they are 5 and 8) I'm wanting one where I can browse the internet, camera and games..ive heard of the ipad, ipad mini, kindle fire, and kobo..not sure what else is out there..what ...
I have the Kindle Fire. I don't know that it's the most suitable for sharing and for sharing between a family. Seen one advertising last week that was made specifically for that, though. Who was it that made it? Crap! I can't think... Sorry. Can't remember. My sister has a Galaxy, but said it wasn't as good as a Kindle if your sole purpose for it is reading. Wish I could be of more help. :/
04/09/2013
Martiniman Martiniman
Not sure about the others, but Apple has a great warranty for the iPads and an optional $25 when you purchase it will get you a brand new iPad even if your child drops it and breaks it.
04/09/2013
GirlOnGirl GirlOnGirl
Definitely check out the Google Nexus 7, it's very good quality but won't cost you a fortune.
04/09/2013
Cosmonaut Cosmonaut
When I think of tablet I think of like Waccom tablets not Ipad or Kindle Fire. XD
04/09/2013
Stagger13 Stagger13
Quote:
Originally posted by captainsgirl
Im looking to purchase a tablet for my children and I to share. (they are 5 and 8) I'm wanting one where I can browse the internet, camera and games..ive heard of the ipad, ipad mini, kindle fire, and kobo..not sure what else is out there..what ...
One thing to keep in mind is that every tablet out there is compared to one in particular...The Ipad. I am not a Mac fan personally but my wife and son both have ipads...expensive but rated very well.
04/09/2013
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 10