I only drink bottled water. Our "tap water" comes from a well in our front yard and is brought into the house via electric pump. Last week, yet again, our water tested positive for coliform bacteria. It's very dangerous and can make you really sick.
It's about the 10th time since we've been living here that our well has been contaminated (that we know of) and my kids and I got sick when we first moved in when we drank the water, not realizing how dangerous a LOT of well water is.
We're even using bottled water to brush our teeth and boiling water for the dogs. Our Health Department has advised us to do so. They have also said, "Don't trust any filtration system with this bacteria." The thing is even good filtration systems filter no more than 99% of bacteria and cysts. Even 1% of coliform bacteria can make people sick.
We've chlorinated our well twice in the last two weeks and we're waiting on an other water sample to be tested.
You couldn't pay me to drink the water here. In our case bottled water is