Very FOGGY this morning, but only half the cars on the road had their lights on. Do you use YOURS in the FOG???

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Very FOGGY this morning, but only half the cars on the road had their lights on. Do you use YOURS in the FOG???

Bignuf Bignuf
In the rain, having your lights on is the law...but we still see a number of cars without lights on, but in heavy fog like this morning (zero visibility), traveling without lights on is just asking to get crashed into.

Do you use YOUR lights when it is foggy out?
11/15/2011
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
RonLee RonLee
Hmmmmm sounds like chicagoland this very morning.
I drive a little two seater and use my lights ALL the time. After being rear ended four times I'm even more paranoid about not being seen. While stopped at a red light each time to boot!
11/15/2011
Rossie Rossie
Definitely, we always have our headlights on when driving in the rain or in heavy fog, I believe that's a part of driving etiquette.

It's been an extremely foggy day for us also, it only dissipated for an hour this afternoon, and it's back again. I LOVE foggy days!!!
11/15/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Depends, in most cases having your lights on, especially brights, it makes visibility worse. Much like driving in a snow storm, the fog reflects the light back at you. I find it best to either use only the low beams or just the running lights. Having said that, my F150 has extra lights down low on the bumper and they work great in the fog, mostly because the fog is up off the roadway.

Your best bet is to have yellow fog lights for the best visibility.
11/15/2011
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by RonLee
Hmmmmm sounds like chicagoland this very morning.
I drive a little two seater and use my lights ALL the time. After being rear ended four times I'm even more paranoid about not being seen. While stopped at a red light each time to boot!
Get over your mid life crisis, and trade-in your sporty two seater for something safer to drive! (Just kidding!)
11/15/2011
AngelvMaynard AngelvMaynard
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Depends, in most cases having your lights on, especially brights, it makes visibility worse. Much like driving in a snow storm, the fog reflects the light back at you. I find it best to either use only the low beams or just the running lights. Having ...
You are right! I lived in the foggiest city in the country for a couple of years, Pacifica California. Bright lights in fog are a really bad idea. My car has the auto lights that come on in the fog, which are low beams.
11/15/2011
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by AngelvMaynard
You are right! I lived in the foggiest city in the country for a couple of years, Pacifica California. Bright lights in fog are a really bad idea. My car has the auto lights that come on in the fog, which are low beams.
I so very much miss Pacifica and Half Moon Bay!!!
11/15/2011
zwee75 zwee75
My lights are always on...
11/15/2011
AngelvMaynard AngelvMaynard
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
I so very much miss Pacifica and Half Moon Bay!!!
Me too! I want to move back someday
11/15/2011
darthkitt3n darthkitt3n
My car's lights turn on automatically when I put it into drive.
11/15/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
I turn my lights on in any conditions where I'm also having a hard time seeing other cars without theirs on. I know it may make me slow down some in the cases where the lights don't help me see any better, but I'd rather go a little slower and know that other cars can see me.
11/15/2011
Ghost Ghost
I never drive without my lights on.
11/16/2011
Peggi Peggi
I have fog lights on my car, so I always turn those on. Here, it isn't required to turn your lights on unless you have fog lights (...my question is how the hell will they know if you have them?! So, no one really needs to turn them on!) but it's safer to have fog lights on, in my opinion, if you have them. I hate it when the cars don't have lights on, if I am making a turn and there is oncoming traffic, because here with the way the streets are, sometimes it can be hard enough to see around a corner in good conditions!
11/16/2011
Sex'и'Violence Sex'и'Violence
Yep, sure do.
11/16/2011
Total posts: 14
Unique posters: 11