Would you participate in a "lounge" here that allowed you to set up meeting other EF members "in the real world"?

Bignuf Bignuf
Personally, we enjoy our anonymity here and we cannot imagine a situation where we care for meeting anyone here "in the real world". (We might like to meet them, as there are some cool sounding people here, but not with them knowing who we are on EF, that is).

However, we see many people, who according to the polls, are pretty young and still dating. Thus, we were discussing if any of those people would love a chance to meet other "EF" members in the "real world", if given the chance. Maybe even some couples, with common interests here, would like to meet too? Just wondering. Pure flight of mental fancy.
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
I might consider participating in some real world meeting of other EF members.
Lioncub , Eugler , Bubba29 , Wicked Wahine , Secret Pleasure , Bigkc , gatewayer57@yahoo.com , Happy Kupple
8
I might consider dating some other EF members if there was a way to set such a meeting up.
Secret Pleasure
1
No way. I want to keep my privacy in the real world.
Bignuf , G&L , edeneve , C&K0143 , Ansley , IdyllWyld , blondie
7
Other?
Sincerely Yours, N
1
Total votes: 17 (16 voters)
Poll is closed
09/13/2013
  • Get 3 amazing toys for $60 only
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 70% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 50% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 40% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 25% Clearance
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
G&L G&L
I feel like that there are plenty of sites for that already. I like this site mainly for its professionalism. Along with the fact that that would open a new can of worms that I feel most members here wouldn't really want to take part in.
09/13/2013
edeneve edeneve
well, I was going to write my thoughts but G&L has already made 2 good points.
09/13/2013
Lioncub Lioncub
I actually wouldn't mind. Everyone is here for a reason and we all enjoy the toys and things that EF has to offer. I have talked to several people from here and would love to meet them if the situation ever came about. I guess our thoughts come from our swinging background though, we meet most everyone online and go from there. You have to trust people to keep discretion in tact.
09/15/2013
Ansley Ansley
This may sound really strange, but in the real world I am not a social person. I keep to myself and I don't like having people in my space. I keep a tight-knit circle of internet friends and it's just me and the hubby in real life. I'm...well, let's just say that it's the way I was raised and we were never encouraged to be social butterflies. But, when it comes to the internet? I'll talk to anyone and everyone!
09/16/2013
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
I would consider meeting some of the members, but not everyone. I am picky and choosy with whom I meet from those I meet online. I haven't met anyone on EF I would date, though - I think I'm much younger than most of the people here (I'm 21).
09/16/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
I would consider meeting some of the members, but not everyone. I am picky and choosy with whom I meet from those I meet online. I haven't met anyone on EF I would date, though - I think I'm much younger than most of the people here (I'm 21).
Nope, that's the average age...or was.
09/17/2013
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Nope, that's the average age...or was.
Really? I was under the impression that people are older now.
09/17/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
Really? I was under the impression that people are older now.
Out of the people you've met and been friendly with, yes, they are older, but out of all the members, most are young. You are just mature and very smart, so you get on well with your elders!
09/17/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
I almost met two of my friends from here and but for extenuating circumstances, I would have met at least one this past Summer. I would be happy to meet any of the people I've befriended on here. I'm actually easy to get along with in real life and I don't think anyone would feel awkward around me - if they did, I'd win them over quickly, I am accomplished at making people comfortable (unless I don't want to, then I can be extremely unapproachable & cold ).

I can't think of anyone on here that I'm friends with that I wouldn't like to meet, at least just a get together. As for dating, sure, (though I don't know who).That doesn't mean any of us would be compatible, but the fact we all have a similar interest in this site at least makes me hopeful we wouldn't have any hangups about sex. But, I would be more excited to hang out with my friends. I have a very good idea who of my Eden friends I'd get along with very well in real life. Even if I didn't ever see them again, I would welcome the opportunity at least once.

I'd love to meet Eugler, ArchVixen, SincerelyN, Woman China, Rossie, surreptitious, sunflower, KyotoAngel, Zombierella, Kendra30752, ktobias, sktb0007, XxFallenAngelxX, Stormy (even though she wouldn't want to meet me, I don't think, based on her previous answer ), PropertyofPotter, MrWill, Trysexual...Shoot, I am having trouble producing other names and I know there are more, don't be offended if I forgot you, I am having a brain freeze!
09/17/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
I almost met two of my friends from here and but for extenuating circumstances, I would have met at least one this past Summer. I would be happy to meet any of the people I've befriended on here. I'm actually easy to get along with in real ... More
I'd love to meet all of you, we just wouldn't hang out on a regular basis as I don't "hang out" with anyone, except for online. I don't do well with small talk and most of the things I enjoy talking about in real life are far too heavy for your everyday social gathering. Does that make sense?
09/17/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'd love to meet all of you, we just wouldn't hang out on a regular basis as I don't "hang out" with anyone, except for online. I don't do well with small talk and most of the things I enjoy talking about in real life are ... More
We'd get on great, I just know it, I can handle your "heavy talk" (besides we already agree on so much!), but of course, I understand, I was teasing in my above comment.

Oh and to be clear, I just assumed I would meet these people individually, or in small groups, not at a big get together. I'd do fine either way, but would prefer a limited scope to connect more with each person.
09/17/2013
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'd love to meet all of you, we just wouldn't hang out on a regular basis as I don't "hang out" with anyone, except for online. I don't do well with small talk and most of the things I enjoy talking about in real life are ... More
I love heavy talk. Like, not kidding. I prefer it to small talk. : )


@Wicked: I'd love to meet you too! Maybe some day. : )
09/17/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
We'd get on great, I just know it, I can handle your "heavy talk" (besides we already agree on so much!), but of course, I understand, I was teasing in my above comment.

Oh and to be clear, I just assumed I would meet these ... More
Oh I'm sure we would...there was an attempt awhile back to get everyone in one place but the logistics were ridiculous.
09/17/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
I love heavy talk. Like, not kidding. I prefer it to small talk. : )


@Wicked: I'd love to meet you too! Maybe some day. : )
I'm all about politics, religion, stupid people and world events. If that's up your alley, we'd get on fabulously!
09/17/2013
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'm all about politics, religion, stupid people and world events. If that's up your alley, we'd get on fabulously!
I'd prefer to avoid politics, but I'm all for the rest.
09/17/2013
Secret Pleasure Secret Pleasure
I think it would be kool to meet people in the real world.
09/17/2013
Oriental husband and wife Oriental husband and wife
If someone is buying dinner and or drinks, we'll try to make it.
09/20/2013
cmm cmm
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
Personally, we enjoy our anonymity here and we cannot imagine a situation where we care for meeting anyone here "in the real world". (We might like to meet them, as there are some cool sounding people here, but not with them knowing who we ... More
I honestly don't think EF has the kind of userbase to make this sort of thing practical.
09/20/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
This may sound really strange, but in the real world I am not a social person. I keep to myself and I don't like having people in my space. I keep a tight-knit circle of internet friends and it's just me and the hubby in real life. ... More
Wow. There is a whole psychology study project. My gut tells me that you are probably far from alone in this fashion. I also personally have a friend who is amazingly outgoing and can speak to any room, any time, yet trying to get two words together on email or a text is like pulling teeth with her. She cannot function well, interactively with other people, online...only in the "real world"! Your opposite.
09/21/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by cmm
I honestly don't think EF has the kind of userbase to make this sort of thing practical.
I don't have a clue what the "user base" is. However, that might make it grow exponentially. Sure works for dating sites.
09/21/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Oriental husband and wife
If someone is buying dinner and or drinks, we'll try to make it.
There you have it!
09/21/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Secret Pleasure
I think it would be kool to meet people in the real world.
I suspect a number of people here would. Not the majority, but indeed more then a small number. Just what I glean reading the personalities involved.
09/21/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
I'd prefer to avoid politics, but I'm all for the rest.
Politics can make a group conversation heated, but can also be fun...with the right people, even if you totally disagree. Depends on the mix of folks there.
09/21/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'm all about politics, religion, stupid people and world events. If that's up your alley, we'd get on fabulously!
You are so amazing. Ditto for us.
09/21/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
I love heavy talk. Like, not kidding. I prefer it to small talk. : )


@Wicked: I'd love to meet you too! Maybe some day. : )
Bingo. I would rather talk about the impact of Putin's editorial on national politics, or the ramifications of the "Affordable Health Care" law then to discuss Mary Sue's new nail polish color and whose hairdresser just ran off with a client.
09/21/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Out of the people you've met and been friendly with, yes, they are older, but out of all the members, most are young. You are just mature and very smart, so you get on well with your elders!
There are number polls here and most folks are indeed 20 something's, early 30's at most. However, like us, there are exceptions. In the real world, we have a lot of "late 20's, early 30's friends", and strangely it is by their choice. Their claim is "we are cool, since we love to "do wild stuff" (Skydiving or technical deep sea diving, anyone?), but have the experience to show them how to "do it right". That is kind of nice. Helps keep us young being around them. (Also gives us a taste of the music and culture that their generation is into, although sometimes it "isn't for us"!)
09/21/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by G&L
I feel like that there are plenty of sites for that already. I like this site mainly for its professionalism. Along with the fact that that would open a new can of worms that I feel most members here wouldn't really want to take part in.
My thought is that it would be a portion of the site where ONLY those who cared to participate in "real world meeting" would play. Again, we wouldn't but I believe others might.
09/21/2013
Lioncub Lioncub
Logistics I believe would be the killer the last time there was a poll about what state people lived in I think there was only 1 other response from a neighboring state and no one from my state.
09/21/2013
subwayrailings subwayrailings
probably not ! i dont like to meet people solely in terms of their sexuality,,, i dont make my friends based on their taste in vibes.
09/26/2013
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 31
Unique posters: 12