Best Advice for Telling a Co-worker their being Played?

Peaches2000 Peaches2000
I have a coworker in my department who is a pretty decent individual. He has been dating a girl in our company who works in another department. He is completely obsessed with her and thinks the relationship is great. She, however, thinks he is a complete idiot and openly bad mouths him, but she likes being spoiled and I get the impression, he's the kind of safety net for her.

My question is should I tell the guy out of respect for his feelings or wait until the gossip comes around and mind my own business?
04/08/2012
  • Weekly Special: Sexy Savings
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Elnoa Elnoa
I would mind my own business and wait for hilarity to ensue.
04/08/2012
Ansley Ansley
I, too, would stay out of it. Since all three of you work together, it wouldn't be a great situation to get yourself into. She could also be worried about how other people view their relationship and she's trying to deflect with her words. It's immature and childish, yes. But, ultimately not any of your concern.
04/08/2012
Positwist Positwist
Sounds like an emotionally abusive relationship. That can be really tough to know how to approach productively, so I wouldn't unless I were really close with the guy.
04/08/2012
Peaches2000 Peaches2000
Quote:
Originally posted by Positwist
Sounds like an emotionally abusive relationship. That can be really tough to know how to approach productively, so I wouldn't unless I were really close with the guy.
Honestly, I really don't like the guy, but she is a real b****. I feel sorry for him because he really has no clue that it is going on. Today I heard a from a friend in her department that she telling people she thinks she pregnant from another guy. It should be interesting to see how it plays out.
04/09/2012
Peaches2000 Peaches2000
Quote:
Originally posted by Elnoa
I would mind my own business and wait for hilarity to ensue.
It will be pretty funny. He's cocky so a dose of humility will serve him well.
04/09/2012
Peaches2000 Peaches2000
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I, too, would stay out of it. Since all three of you work together, it wouldn't be a great situation to get yourself into. She could also be worried about how other people view their relationship and she's trying to deflect with her words. ... More
Thanks Stormy! Truely sound advice. This thing has got to come to head soon (no pun intended. I'll keep you updated on the outcome.
04/09/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Peaches2000
Thanks Stormy! Truely sound advice. This thing has got to come to head soon (no pun intended. I'll keep you updated on the outcome.
Anytime! And please do, keep us updated, that is.
04/11/2012
nova2014 nova2014
Since you're not close to him, I'd just watch and see what happens
12/10/2012
Total posts: 9
Unique posters: 5