#AskEden - Wanting to delete my account and reviews.

PeppermintFuntimes PeppermintFuntimes
I want to know if there's a way to make sure my reviews are deleted when I eventually deactivate my account. I don't want to do anything more on the site and would love it if there was a way to get rid of all my information on here.
06/21/2013
  • Luxury To People: Save 20% on Select Designer Brands
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Free Attachments with Fairy Mini. Save $21.99

    • FREE attachments
      Free attachments
    • Fairy Mini
    Get a Free 3 attachment set

    Expires on Oct 28, 2015 at 5pm ET Terms

  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
You can delete your account, but you don't have the option of having your reviews deleted.
06/21/2013
Lady of the Lab Lady of the Lab
Additionally, it appears reviews can no longer be edited after being published: Anyone else notice?.
06/21/2013
PeppermintFuntimes PeppermintFuntimes
Quote:
Originally posted by PropertyOfPotter
You can delete your account, but you don't have the option of having your reviews deleted.
That's kinda annoying. I wish there was a way to edit them but it's been too long to do so. >___<

With all the crap that's been happening, I don't want my stuff affiliated with eden anymore. (hell, I don't even own any of the items anymore, they've all been trashed)
06/21/2013
indiechick indiechick
Nope cannot delete them. Which I understand for the toys eden gave me for free that I reviewed, because they gave me the toy. However, the toys I purchased I think I should be able to do with those reviews as I please
06/21/2013
Kitka Kitka
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of the Lab
Additionally, it appears reviews can no longer be edited after being published: Anyone else notice?.
Yep, I noticed that too. I'm just glad I archived all of my reviews just in case this place does go down in flames.
06/21/2013
Lady of the Lab Lady of the Lab
Quote:
Originally posted by Kitka
Yep, I noticed that too. I'm just glad I archived all of my reviews just in case this place does go down in flames.
I'm going to start doing that today as well.
06/21/2013
No-nita No-nita
The only free things I got from Eden were my last two assignments, so all the other reviews of mine that are up are things I paid for in full. Sooo kinda pissed about the part where I can't take them down. Luckily I don't think Eden owns the content, so it can be reposted elsewhere IF the site you want to repost to allows duplicate content. I would suggest archving all the reviews that you've written, all the articles you've posted, saving them and backing them up, and then considering rewriting bits and pieces (since you no longer will have to operate under the same word count and editing restraints) and then find somewhere else to host them. It would be great if we could start one big website just for posting sex toy reviews, rather than having to each have our own individual blogs, but eh. I've learned my lesson with this and won't be writing reviews for store websites anymore, regardless of the promised "compensation"...
06/21/2013
This Is For The Birds This Is For The Birds
Quote:
Originally posted by No-nita
The only free things I got from Eden were my last two assignments, so all the other reviews of mine that are up are things I paid for in full. Sooo kinda pissed about the part where I can't take them down. Luckily I don't think Eden owns the ... More
"It would be great if we could start one big website just for posting sex toy reviews, rather than having to each have our own individual blogs"

That would be awesome! Maybe even if it was a general blog that linked a summary of our review back to our own blog. If that makes since.
06/21/2013
Heartthrob Heartthrob
Quote:
Originally posted by PeppermintFuntimes
I want to know if there's a way to make sure my reviews are deleted when I eventually deactivate my account. I don't want to do anything more on the site and would love it if there was a way to get rid of all my information on here.
I am pretty sure that if you have had assignments with Eden you cannot delete those reviews as the review is payment for the item or discount on the item.
06/21/2013
SecretlySensuous SecretlySensuous
Quote:
Originally posted by No-nita
The only free things I got from Eden were my last two assignments, so all the other reviews of mine that are up are things I paid for in full. Sooo kinda pissed about the part where I can't take them down. Luckily I don't think Eden owns the ... More
I just saw this...posted this suggestion just today in the email group. I think a group blog would be excellent, a group blog that's just for reviews, that allows authors to keep their rights over the content...
06/21/2013
No-nita No-nita
Quote:
Originally posted by This Is For The Birds
"It would be great if we could start one big website just for posting sex toy reviews, rather than having to each have our own individual blogs"

That would be awesome! Maybe even if it was a general blog that linked a summary of our ... More
I know how to orchestrate something like this via Tumblr if it's just links/excerpts linking back to individual blogs and I wouldn't mind maintaining it! Everyone would have to get their blogs up and going first, but I'll reserve a username or something just in case the idea goes over with everyone else.
06/22/2013
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 9