Help finding new web cam

Ryuson Ryuson
I finally am sick and tired of trying to make my built in web cam work! Does anyone have any recommendations for web cams under $25? I'd prefer to be able to use my Amazon Prime shipping to get it here, but that's not a big deal. Any help is awesome!
03/12/2013
  • Save 60% on Spooktacular Kits  - 3 item set
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Wicked Treats - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Eden leather blindfold
    • Eden's glass ben wa balls
    • Flaming amour silicone pearl bunny
    Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Ghost Bride - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Leather strap rider
    • Casper
    • Simple Clamps
    Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Black Magic - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Eden Beaded Clamps
    • Heart Silicone Beads
    • Onyx
    Black Magic - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
I finally am sick and tired of trying to make my built in web cam work! Does anyone have any recommendations for web cams under $25? I'd prefer to be able to use my Amazon Prime shipping to get it here, but that's not a big deal. Any help is ... More
My camera was $75. It's a Logitech HD.
03/13/2013
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
My camera was $75. It's a Logitech HD.
Hmm, do you think that I should save up and get something more in that price range?
03/13/2013
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Web cams have pretty much plateaued. You're really going to get what you pay for. I would suggest shopping around to tech sites, NewEgg or something.
03/13/2013
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Web cams have pretty much plateaued. You're really going to get what you pay for. I would suggest shopping around to tech sites, NewEgg or something.
Hmm, what price range should I stick to to make a non-blurry video review for Eden?
03/13/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
Hmm, do you think that I should save up and get something more in that price range?
Yeah, it's just not worth it otherwise. It's a damn shame, but most software purrrs in HD these days and some programs require it. It's well worth the cost.
03/13/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Web cams have pretty much plateaued. You're really going to get what you pay for. I would suggest shopping around to tech sites, NewEgg or something.
CNET always has fantastic reviews for gear.
03/13/2013
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
I would look into a Logitech from their site or try New Egg. I have a Logitech HD C525 and it was a good price. I use it for my video reviews and to cam with. It was around $60 bucks and works great. The cool thing with Logitech too is you have a warranty so if anything goes wrong you can send it in and they will send you a new one. Sometimes they don't ask you to return the other one either. I don't think you should get anything under $25 bucks. You be better off getting something for a little bit more. I used to do that as well before I got this one and I always had issue and had to go purchase a new one.
03/13/2013
js250 js250
Great post--following this one since I need a new cam as well....thanks Ryuson!!!
03/13/2013
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by PeaceToTheMiddleEast
I would look into a Logitech from their site or try New Egg. I have a Logitech HD C525 and it was a good price. I use it for my video reviews and to cam with. It was around $60 bucks and works great. The cool thing with Logitech too is you have a ... More
Hmm, thanks for the pointer about the warranty. I'll research a toy out the whazoo, but am a but clueless when it comes to tech stuff. I may try and go through New Egg tonight, that's where my boyfriend got his computer!
03/13/2013
Total posts: 10
Unique posters: 5