Using htlm codes in reviews

Loriandhubby Loriandhubby
Hello, I was wondering if mabye someone could help me out a bit. I found on the links and formatting how to add bold and links to my reviews. My son tried to help me make italics, but unfortantly, the htlm codes from his school book did not work.

Is there any way to make italics? How about other things like smaller font to add citations when I get infomation from other sources. I'm a stickler for not plagerizing and giving credit to my sourses.

Thanks a bunch for any help.
04/24/2012
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Weekly Special: Save 40% on Rabbit Vibrators and G-spot Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Loriandhubby
Hello, I was wondering if mabye someone could help me out a bit. I found on the links and formatting how to add bold and links to my reviews. My son tried to help me make italics, but unfortantly, the htlm codes from his school book did not work. ... More
Italic and bold are done like this

]bold|word you want[

only you make the brackets face each other like this

[]

When you add a link and you want wording to come up as the link, it is the same deal with the brackets and you do it like this

]link/URL|words[

The same goes for images

]img|URL of image[
04/24/2012
Ms. N Ms. N
Quote:
Originally posted by Loriandhubby
Hello, I was wondering if mabye someone could help me out a bit. I found on the links and formatting how to add bold and links to my reviews. My son tried to help me make italics, but unfortantly, the htlm codes from his school book did not work. ... More
The code for italics is supposed to be like the code for bold - A bracket (or [ sign), then the word "italic" (without quotation marks), followed by the straight line | (not sure what that is called, but it is above the backslash), then the words you want italicized, and a closing bracket (]). That is how it is SUPPOSED to work, but lately, it has only worked in the forums, and not in reviews.

I am not sure about changing font sizes.

04/24/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. N
The code for italics is supposed to be like the code for bold - A bracket (or [ sign), then the word "italic" (without quotation marks), followed by the straight line | (not sure what that is called, but it is above the backslash), then the ... More
Font size is reserved for admin's and club host's. That way they can be seen during meetings and party's.
04/24/2012
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
For some reason the italic in reviews never works for me.
04/24/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
For some reason the italic in reviews never works for me.
There has been some glitch going on with the italics. I am having the same issue.
04/24/2012
Loriandhubby Loriandhubby
thank you all so much for helping me.. HUGS
04/24/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
There has been some glitch going on with the italics. I am having the same issue.
Beck, link me to a review please.
04/25/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Beck, link me to a review please.
I put one on your wall.
04/25/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
I'm glad everyone was able to help you.
04/25/2012
Ansley Ansley
Ok, the programming Gods that be are working on fixing this. I'll let you know when I receive word that it's fixed.
04/25/2012
Ansley Ansley
It's been fixed!
04/25/2012
Ms. N Ms. N
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
It's been fixed!
YAY! Thanks, Stormy and the programming Gods!

(Sounds like a good name for a band...)
04/25/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
It's been fixed!
YAY!!!
04/25/2012
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Something else, if you try to use html codes in reviews, they will mess up the coding in the review and your review won't save or publish, and you'll probably be redirected back to the main page.
10/30/2012
Mikemanz Mikemanz
Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. N
The code for italics is supposed to be like the code for bold - A bracket (or [ sign), then the word "italic" (without quotation marks), followed by the straight line | (not sure what that is called, but it is above the backslash), then the ... More
good info. the straight line is called a "pipe'
10/31/2012
Total posts: 16
Unique posters: 9