Manufacturer Preferences

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

Manufacturer Preferences

True Pleasures True Pleasures
We are currently able to choose "My product type preferences" and "My product material preferences", but we can't choose our manufacturer preferences. There are certain manufacturers that I do not like, and I would like to filter them out. I've had assignments issued to me through those manufacturers, even though I made a note in the product type preferences additional note box, and have had to decline them.

My question is, would you like the ability to filter out certain manufacturers the same way product types and materials can be filtered?
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Yes, I would like "My product manufacturers preferences" added.
True Pleasures , blacklodge , cherryredhead88 , null , Ghost , Silverdrop , SMichelle , Lummox , - Kira - , Incendiaire , freshbananas , TheSinDoll
12  (33%)
No, I don't I don't wish to set manufacturer preferences.
EdenJP , DeliciousSurprise , Lavender420 , Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama , Ms. Spice , El-Jaro , ksparkles16 , Coralbell , MissCandyland , Jon S , deltalima , Beck , Kindred , darthkitt3n , mpfm , Ryuson , Ansley , Positwist , milfstatus , PropertyOfPotter , luvslukin , Feisty
22  (61%)
Other. (Please Explain.)
RonLee , SaraU29
2  (6%)
Total votes: 36
Poll is closed
02/08/2012
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
RonLee RonLee
The only part of the EF website that I don't like is the search function. It does a spectacularly poor job. Until that works better, I wouldn't fuck with it by putting in "my product manufacturers preferences". It just might turn a function that works just a little bit into one that doesn't work at all.
02/08/2012
EdenJP EdenJP
Quote:
Originally posted by True Pleasures
We are currently able to choose "My product type preferences" and "My product material preferences", but we can't choose our manufacturer preferences. There are certain manufacturers that I do not like, and I would like to ...
No, I don't I don't wish to set manufacturer preferences.
02/08/2012
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Quote:
Originally posted by RonLee
The only part of the EF website that I don't like is the search function. It does a spectacularly poor job. Until that works better, I wouldn't fuck with it by putting in "my product manufacturers preferences". It just might turn ...
Well, it's not so much for search as it is for when admins send review assignments. I seem to get a lot of assignments for a certain manufacturer that I really don't like.

From what I understand, the preferences that are set don't affect the search function. The only time they come into play is for admins sending assignments, or if you're on a page with an item that doesn't meet your preferences a warning will pop up asking you if you're sure you want to grab it.
02/08/2012
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Nope not at all. I hated Doc Johnson products based on one or two things - then I had the chance to try the Rock Star line and fell in love with those products.

I would've missed out on them if I'd not been willing to try something else by Doc Johnson.
02/08/2012
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Nope not at all. I hated Doc Johnson products based on one or two things - then I had the chance to try the Rock Star line and fell in love with those products.

I would've missed out on them if I'd not been willing to try something ...
Well, I've gone completely sour on one manufacturer from over half a dozen reviews, many with material safety issues, so I can't really trust that manufacturer or provide unbiased reviews. I'll always be skeptical of their products, so it's not really a good idea to send me assignments for products made by them.
02/08/2012
Ms. Spice Ms. Spice
Quote:
Originally posted by True Pleasures
Well, I've gone completely sour on one manufacturer from over half a dozen reviews, many with material safety issues, so I can't really trust that manufacturer or provide unbiased reviews. I'll always be skeptical of their products, so ...
Over half a dozen? So based on about six reviews, you've decided that you don't like an entire manufacturer? Interesting.

No, I don't think a filter is necessary for manufacturers. It would place some companies at an unfair competition with companies that are not "high quality." I found that being here at Eden for almost a year that all companies here produce some high quality toys, but sometimes, it requires a bit of searching on your part.
02/08/2012
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Spice
Over half a dozen? So based on about six reviews, you've decided that you don't like an entire manufacturer? Interesting.

No, I don't think a filter is necessary for manufacturers. It would place some companies at an unfair ...
Their "silicone" burns the minute I set a flame to it, and I've called them out on having the wrong material a couple times (jelly instead of the advertised TPR), plus one of their vibes smelling like acetone. I just can't bring myself to trust them, and there's been nothing they've made so far that's intrigued me.
02/08/2012
RonLee RonLee
Quote:
Originally posted by True Pleasures
Well, it's not so much for search as it is for when admins send review assignments. I seem to get a lot of assignments for a certain manufacturer that I really don't like.

From what I understand, the preferences that are set don't ...
Oh OK, my mistake sorry.
02/08/2012
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Quote:
Originally posted by RonLee
Oh OK, my mistake sorry.
It's okay. No need to apologize.
02/08/2012
El-Jaro El-Jaro
There were a couple manufacturers I didn't care much for based on a couple products. Eventually, like Texas Mamma, I was assigned a product to review from one of them and was really surprised by it. Same with the other one.

Whenever an admin sends you an assignment, you can always decline it - no harm no foul. We're working up ideas on ways to improve the system to take more consideration with product preferences. It's a work in progress now.
02/08/2012
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
There were a couple manufacturers I didn't care much for based on a couple products. Eventually, like Texas Mamma, I was assigned a product to review from one of them and was really surprised by it. Same with the other one.

Whenever an ...
I know, but I was in this manufacturer's review program for about a year or so, with 1-2 products to review every month. About half of those toys ended up with something being wrong with them that made me question their safety, and the company never seemed to know about these things until I brought them up, and only investigated then. I've had a terrible experience with them, and don't feel that I can provide unbiased reviews of their products, like they would deserve. I'm just too paranoid now. It would be irresponsible of me to think about reviewing their products.

I've made my request in the additional notes section of "My product preferences", but that doesn't seem to do any good. I keep getting sent assignments for toys from that manufacturer, and it gets a little frustrating because it seems like what I wrote hasn't even been looked at. I know I can decline the assignments, and I have no issue with that. I just feel like I'm not being heard.
02/08/2012
Antipova Antipova
I can only think of one manufacturer I would want to exclude (and I would decline anything from them), but like 85% of their products are jelly so they aren't assigned to me based on my preferences already. I've never even gotten something assigned from the one brand I'm skeptical of.

Also, I'd be worried if I had a "only accept assignments from Tantus or Vixen" filter on, I'd miss out on neat new assignments from upcoming companies, and also things like bath and body products. I don't want to have to mark that I'm okay with each random candle brand...
02/08/2012
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
I can only think of one manufacturer I would want to exclude (and I would decline anything from them), but like 85% of their products are jelly so they aren't assigned to me based on my preferences already. I've never even gotten something ...
I wouldn't want to limit it to companies, I'd just like to eliminate one. I don't want to miss out on anything either, I just wish I wouldn't keep being sent assignments for a certain manufacturer. I've put that request in the extra notes for my preferences, but it seems like it keeps getting overlooked. Mostly, I'm just a little hurt that what I wrote in there doesn't seem to be being taken into consideration.
02/08/2012
cherryredhead88 cherryredhead88
Well, after voting I remembered that I don't really care either way about manufacturers. I was thinking more along the lines of specific products which we already have.

I used to despise a few different manufacturers until I realized that you can't win em all. (You meaning me )

I still think it would be a nice option to have (aside from all the work it would cause tech).
02/08/2012
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Quote:
Originally posted by True Pleasures
I wouldn't want to limit it to companies, I'd just like to eliminate one. I don't want to miss out on anything either, I just wish I wouldn't keep being sent assignments for a certain manufacturer. I've put that request in the ...
I sort of understand how you feel - because when I joined the Descriptive Review program I had certain things checked - like we weren't into BDSM or anal play - so the first item we were offered was floggers...then later a prostrate massager.

But then I got to thinking about it- they have how many reviewers to keep track of? And sometimes they get in a huge amount of products that they're trying to get out super fast...do they really have time to go through and remember each person's preferences?

I'm sure they do the best they can...but there are some things that just can't always be in a database without being it hard to search through.

Anyway - I do understand how you feel. I don't think it is so much that they're not listening to you (although it may feel that way) as it may be that they're just overwhelmed and figure it is quicker to just go through and offer stuff sometimes than to take the time to go through all the preferences, etc.
02/08/2012
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
I sort of understand how you feel - because when I joined the Descriptive Review program I had certain things checked - like we weren't into BDSM or anal play - so the first item we were offered was floggers...then later a prostrate ...
Yeah, you're right. I guess I've been oversensitive about it.. I have issues with feeling ignored, mostly caused by something that happened in the past. Plus, life has been really stressful, and I just want to steer clear of that manufacturer. I don't really care if I miss out on something from them. I wouldn't be able to trust them enough to review it anyway. Yeah, I also have trust issues.
02/08/2012
ksparkles16 ksparkles16
Ya, it sounds like a cool idea but I wouldn't want to put a limit on companies. what if I missed out on something cool?
02/08/2012
MissCandyland MissCandyland
I think that would be helpful to some people, but not for me.
02/09/2012
GONE! GONE!
It would be useful if the function worked properly.
02/09/2012
deltalima deltalima
Quote:
Originally posted by True Pleasures
We are currently able to choose "My product type preferences" and "My product material preferences", but we can't choose our manufacturer preferences. There are certain manufacturers that I do not like, and I would like to ...
Not really.
02/09/2012
Silverdrop Silverdrop
I'm not in the Descriptive Review program, and I haven't been sent any push assignments. Certainly you should decline whatever is sent your way that you don't think you can provide an unbiased review of, for whatever reason.

I can't help but think if the admin's 'search for a reviewer to use' function works as well as the reviewers 'search for a product to review' function, then they're going to have a really hard time taking everyone's preferences into account.
02/09/2012
SaraU29 SaraU29
I'm not sure; some products are just not awesome, but you may find an amazing product from the same manufacturer that made the thing you didn't care for.
02/09/2012
milfstatus milfstatus
Not sure, but I think I'm ok with the way it is
07/23/2012
PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
Wouldn't matter to me either way.
07/23/2012
Feisty Feisty
No, I don't wish to set manufacturer preferences.
07/23/2012
freshbananas freshbananas
Quote:
Originally posted by True Pleasures
We are currently able to choose "My product type preferences" and "My product material preferences", but we can't choose our manufacturer preferences. There are certain manufacturers that I do not like, and I would like to ...
SOmethings here on EF have names...I do't want laying about the house. Be discreet!
07/23/2012
Total posts: 27
Unique posters: 18