Poor editing.

TdotY TdotY
Well, I'm not sure why my other post was deleted. Maybe because it had a bad word, but I would like for my question to be addressed. Why are editors putting through junk reviews with lots of errors? Why is the review quality dropping? And also, why was my last discussion deleted? What gives?
06/26/2013
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Fred Petrenko Fred Petrenko
Hello TdotY,
Many reviews get published daily by many editors.
It would help to answer if you be specific about what review you think is junk and contains errors. You can also PM its editor directly with the question.
06/26/2013
TdotY TdotY
Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Petrenko
Hello TdotY,
Many reviews get published daily by many editors.
It would help to answer if you be specific about what review you think is junk and contains errors. You can also PM its editor directly with the question.
link

link

For example, here are two. I'm just wondering why the quality has dropped? Also, why is there no editor for someone below 5.5 rank? Looks like they submitted a review without having it edited. The errors in these two review are pretty hard not to notice.
06/26/2013
VeganChick (is Gone) VeganChick (is Gone)
Hmmm... things aren't going well, are they?
06/26/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by TdotY
link

link

For example, here are two. I'm just wondering why the quality has dropped? Also, why is there no editor for someone below 5.5 rank? Looks like they submitted a review without having it edited. The errors in these two ... More
Editors are to check for spelling and grammar mistakes, plagiarism, and blatant inaccuracies in reviews - but they are not to determine the quality of the content itself. That's for the voters to judge.

As for the rank issue, the admins are reading and editing reviews as needed due to the recent changes. This is why some reviews do not have editors even though their rank requires it.

Additionally, all authors have twenty-four hours to edit their reviews after publication and it is not unheard of for people to go back and change things back to exactly the way they were when submitted.
06/27/2013
Heartthrob Heartthrob
Quote:
Originally posted by TdotY
link

link

For example, here are two. I'm just wondering why the quality has dropped? Also, why is there no editor for someone below 5.5 rank? Looks like they submitted a review without having it edited. The errors in these two ... More
The first link worked. I checked out the review, although I am not an editor. It seems the editor did the job pretty well though. This is a review similar to what some of my students submit. This reviewer might benefit from the mentor program, but I did not find it filled with errors to the point that it was distracting. It was a review based on the person's experience and it lacked the necessary product details to make it a useful or extremely useful review. As Stormy put it, editors are technical, they don't do style, that's for mentors to help out with.
06/27/2013
Trysexual Trysexual
I only skimmed it...but I did see...masterbation...w hich is the wrong spelling
06/27/2013
VeganChick (is Gone) VeganChick (is Gone)
Quote:
Originally posted by Heartthrob
The first link worked. I checked out the review, although I am not an editor. It seems the editor did the job pretty well though. This is a review similar to what some of my students submit. This reviewer might benefit from the mentor program, but I ... More
The review has been edited again. I saw it last night and it had several blatant errors in it. There is actually a comment on it that quotes some of the errors. The second link worked last night but that review seems to have disappeared.
06/27/2013
TdotY TdotY
It looks like they fixed the reviews that I told them were messed up, but there was more that had errors. It's obvious that the publisher is not changing them. I just wanted to let you guys know you have an editing issue.
06/28/2013
Total posts: 9
Unique posters: 6