Time for another update on the video review program.
As you may have noticed in the last video review rumble, we're trying a new sort of video out. More specifically, adult videos.
We've been getting more of these submitted lately so I wanted to be sure everyone knows that this is an approved subcategory of video and something we're actually very excited about.
A couple of points that are probably important to all of you as community members and may answer some of the questions you may have:
1. These adult videos do not take the place of a video review. They are, like in house sneak peeks and manufacturer commercials, in a different category. So someone doing an adult video on a product does not mean it's "out of the running" for a standard video review. Standard videos can still be done on these products.
2. We've asked these people to do these videos so they are 100% welcome by us as a company. They're not being done to garner extra attention or without approval. We approve! We love them! They fill a niche that was not being filled on EdenFantasys and appeal to a different audience than a standard review might appeal to.
3. Anyone who wants to become involved can do this type of video. It is not a select group and we're not discriminating against anyone. We'd love to see you and you and you do them, too! Anyone who feels comfortable with it is absolutely welcome.
4. We realize not everyone is going to like the adult videos. To be frank, not everyone likes regular video reviews either. People find different things useful and inspiring, that's just a plain old fact. We want our selection of videos to be broad and to appeal to people on many levels, not just an informative one. (Remember, EdenTube, where the videos are hosted, is a site in and of itself with an audience that is not necessarily reading all the reviews here on the main site. It's out own mini YouTube!) Take a look at t.v. You see serious commercials, funny commercials, sexy commercials, all sorts of commercials. Not every commercial is created to be informative, many are created just to inspire people to take a look at a product. People are visual and having videos that are different than an informative, fact filled review is really appealing for a lot of people. We already have a wonderful, amazing review community full of people who really care about educating our customers and giving them the best information out there while they're shopping our site. We're not trying to replace that or take away from that. We're trying to add to it, to round out the EF experience, to add fun, sensuality, creativity, to bring pleasure to our customers. We sell pleasure, right?
5. We've taken a lot of care to be sure that everyone knows the videos are adult in nature and do contain nudity so those who disapprove of this type of video can avoid watching them. We don't want to force nudity on anyone but we are quite enjoying spicing things up a bit! Please be open minded and help us maintain a sex positive community - even if you don't like the adult videos, let's not make those who do, or those who do them, feel bad. If they're not your thing, just don't watch them!
6. Please keep in mind, as reviewers (because most of our active forum community is made up of you rockin' reviewers), that these videos are not meant to replace a review. Voting and rating should be based upon the text review, just as they should be with any review with video added. Not everyone can do videos so voting and rating should be based upon the standard text everyone can do. Rank is not effected by adding video to your review, no matter what sort of video it is. Rating and voting should not be effected, either.
7. We're always looking for ways to make more awesome the awesomesauce that is the Eden community. If you have ideas for creative content, different sorts of videos, shoot them our way! We LOVE the informative video reviews that have been being done for the past year. LOVE them. But we're always looking to add in fun, sexiness and creativity, as well! Our customers are all different so what appeals to us may not appeal to John Doe or Jane Smith, you know? Even if adult videos aren't your thing, keep in mind that creativity and fun are good! And that we welcome YOUR creative and fun ideas, too!
So! Having said all this, I hope there is some clarity when it comes to these adult videos and that some questions have been answered. If you have questions, please, please ask them! I'm happy to answer.
Also, if you're interested in video reviews in general the guidelines for doing them are here. Have a read and join in; adult, standard, whatever works for you!
My email is carrieann@edenfantasys .com so you can reach me there or feel free to ask here on the forum, either is fine.