Conflicting Material Info

Carrie Ann Carrie Ann
I've noticed a lot of manufacturers tend to change materials after making a product a few years. For instance, Vibratex makes most of their toys from elastomer instead of jelly these days.

We aren't always alerted to this and so, occasionally, you will see material info on EF that is different than what it says on your packaging.

PLEASE, if this happens, let the review management team know. Either Gary, JR or Kristi can talk to our product manager and warehouse folks and we can make sure our product page matches the new material.

If you don't let someone know your review is confusing since the info is mismatched and customers don't know which is right, which material they are actually getting.

Thanks!
08/01/2010
  • Save 60% on Spooktacular Kits  - 3 item set
  • Wicked Treats - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Eden leather blindfold
    • Flaming amour silicone pearl bunny
    • Eden's glass ben wa balls
    Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Ghost Bride - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Casper
    • Leather strap rider
    • Simple Clamps
    Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Black Magic - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Eden Beaded Clamps
    • Heart Silicone Beads
    • Onyx
    Black Magic - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Chilipepper Chilipepper
I had already asked about this concerning the listing of Sil-a-Gel as a toy material when it's actually a chemical additive. I haven't had any luck in finding out what the real material is (we have a choice of about four materials that Sil-a-Gel is added to), and I don't trust 'guess-timates' based solely on price.
08/01/2010
Tuesday Tuesday
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
I had already asked about this concerning the listing of Sil-a-Gel as a toy material when it's actually a chemical additive. I haven't had any luck in finding out what the real material is (we have a choice of about four materials that ... More
Is it a Doc Johnson product? Chad Braverman from DJ said that sil-a-gel is something they add to PVC products.
08/01/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
I've noticed a lot of manufacturers tend to change materials after making a product a few years. For instance, Vibratex makes most of their toys from elastomer instead of jelly these days.

We aren't always alerted to this and so, ... More
Would it clutter inboxes less if we just use this thread to report it?

I emailed Gary about the one we talked about Carrie Ann.
08/01/2010
ScottA ScottA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuesday
Is it a Doc Johnson product? Chad Braverman from DJ said that sil-a-gel is something they add to PVC products.
Sounds like it is more than just PVC from the thread. If so it would need to be two entries in the materials column ("PVC jelly and Sil-A-Gel" or "Rubber and Sil-A-Gel" for instance).
08/01/2010
Heartthrob Heartthrob
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
I've noticed a lot of manufacturers tend to change materials after making a product a few years. For instance, Vibratex makes most of their toys from elastomer instead of jelly these days.

We aren't always alerted to this and so, ... More
Will do! I've seen quite a few toys with new material that doesn't match.
08/03/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Would it clutter inboxes less if we just use this thread to report it?

I emailed Gary about the one we talked about Carrie Ann.
If there's an issue with a product it is ALWAYS better to do a private email.
08/03/2010
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 7