Eden Tasks FYI

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Eden Tasks FYI

El-Jaro El-Jaro
Hello!

If you're an editor and find that sometimes the link to a review in the task market takes you to your own reviews, keep reading.

When someone goes up for and gets Adv. Reviewer status, any reviews of their in the task market will glitch like this until they activate their Adv. program. Give it a couple days and try to pick the review again later.

I also want to thank the Editors who have found and helped us catch plagiarizers. Some people have copied reviews from all types of sites (even product pages here and from reviews on a site named after a Brazillian river).

If you see someone has posted a bunch of reviews in a very short period of time, take a couple mins and try this. Select a few unique words next to each in the review and do a Google search (or Bing, whatever). If you find the review has been copied, in part or entirely, please let me know (or Kristi or Gary, who will send it my way) and I'll look into it.

Thanks a bunch!
07/11/2011
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Hello!

If you're an editor and find that sometimes the link to a review in the task market takes you to your own reviews, keep reading.

When someone goes up for and gets Adv. Reviewer status, any reviews of their in the task market ...
Thanks JR, that explains a lot.

And stop giving plagiarizers trade secrets!
07/11/2011
ZenaidaMacroura ZenaidaMacroura
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Hello!

If you're an editor and find that sometimes the link to a review in the task market takes you to your own reviews, keep reading.

When someone goes up for and gets Adv. Reviewer status, any reviews of their in the task market ...
Ooh. Now I have to wonder if I've published any of these copied reviews! I hadn't even thought of looking into it. Thanks for the info!
07/11/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Hello!

If you're an editor and find that sometimes the link to a review in the task market takes you to your own reviews, keep reading.

When someone goes up for and gets Adv. Reviewer status, any reviews of their in the task market ...
Will do....thanks for tattling!
07/11/2011
tim1724 tim1724
Thanks for the info, JR.
07/11/2011
PassionQT PassionQT
Good info to know. Thanks!
07/11/2011
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by ZenaidaMacroura
Ooh. Now I have to wonder if I've published any of these copied reviews! I hadn't even thought of looking into it. Thanks for the info!
Ditto this. I hope I haven't.

Thanks for the info, JR. I do have a somewhat related question: What does it mean when you click on a contributor's name, only to find yourself on Eden's homepage instead of on the contributor's wall? Is there some type of weird glitch with the contributor's account?
07/11/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
Ditto this. I hope I haven't.

Thanks for the info, JR. I do have a somewhat related question: What does it mean when you click on a contributor's name, only to find yourself on Eden's homepage instead of on the ...
The only thing that I can think of is that their account was disabled or they don't have a public profile.
07/11/2011
Kindred Kindred
Bumping this to remind editors to check for plagiarism.

I usually check the reviewer's profile if I do not recognize the name. I also see if they have a mentor and if they are not already Advanced, I message the mentor so they have the chance to remind the student to not go up for Advanced vote. Then I also take a quick look at the other reviews already published for the product. Usually the plagiarists do an exact copy/paste, even of the title, so it's pretty easy to spot when there's a problem.
07/14/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
I will be sure in the future to check more carefully for plagarizing. That kinda stuff seriously irks me.

And I'm glad I found this thread cause I just tried to pick up a task and it took me, as you said, to a list of my own reviews. I was baffled at what that meant and went looking for answers.
07/17/2011
Sir Sir
Thank you for the info, that was very helpful!
07/17/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Thanks Editors (and others who care about this)!

I know this thread has saved me some extra trouble from having to get some reviews unapproved after they were approved.
07/18/2011
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Thanks JR!
07/18/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Any word on when you'll be looking for new people?

I'm just looking for more to do so I can justify all of my time spent here.
07/25/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Any word on when you'll be looking for new people?

I'm just looking for more to do so I can justify all of my time spent here.
Rotations, additions, and the like are all handled by Sammi and Gary. It's up to them
07/25/2011
Kdlips Kdlips
thanks
07/25/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Thanks for the heads up JR! I have noticed tons of reviews by the same people from time to time and try to avoid letting those go through if they seem like the person doesn't actually have the product. Googling is a great idea.



QUESTION: Has anyone noticed that it says you can edit TEN reviews a day??? I'm still stuck at 3 and it's driving me crazy. Which is the error? Anyone else having this problem?
07/31/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Thanks for the heads up JR! I have noticed tons of reviews by the same people from time to time and try to avoid letting those go through if they seem like the person doesn't actually have the product. Googling is a great idea. ...
It was originally ten and then they changed it to 3; the point dashboard wasn't updated.
07/31/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
It was originally ten and then they changed it to 3; the point dashboard wasn't updated.
This, yes. It was because the same few editors would end up getting pretty much all of the reviews to edit and everybody else in the program would get maybe one, if any. So by lowering the number people could do per day allowed more of the editors would be able to edit.
08/01/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Refresher Bump
08/02/2011
mlgrant mlgrant
Thanks for the good info!
01/22/2012
Katelyn Katelyn
This is super helpful, I didn't really think about plagiarism when editing reviews. Good thing to keep in mind!
07/20/2012
svalentine;) svalentine;)
like
08/13/2012
Total posts: 23
Unique posters: 18