How can I get items to review?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

How can I get items to review?

D&J D&J
I am a new Advanced Reviewer and I am trying to pick out something to review and every time I go to my assignment cart, the item is either "out of stock" or I get this message: "Free assignments are not available for products with 3 or more assigned reviews or pending assignments."

I am unclear as to how to proceed as this happened with like 8 items. Is it because I am a new reviewer or is this just how it is?

Thanks!
06/07/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
VioletMoonstone VioletMoonstone
You can only review products that are in stock and have less than 3 reviews. If at least 3 people have asked for the same item to review it means it has pending reviews. The only way to find out is to try to check out with it and if it doesn't work it just means other people asked already. They can be tricky to find so it's best to go to your assignment cart, and then click on the "product search" link on the side. Most of the newly added items will pop up on there. Or you can click on the link on the top that says, "new additions" and try to find something there because most of them won't even have any reviews on them yet. You can review toys or anything else like bath & body products ect.

When it comes to lingerie though I think (not 100% sure) it can have a one size/regular size review and a plus size review.

If you have any other questions just send me a message. Byebye.
06/07/2012
John E W John E W
Thanks for the info!! I'm in the same boat but now I know how to go about it!!
06/07/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
You can also use the Product Search feature and drill down to items with no reviews. There's a drop down menu that says "review status." Click "without reviews" and that will filter to items that don't have any reviews on them. Then you know that they're available to review. If they have pending review you won't see them, so it's still possible to run into that, but for the most part those items will be up for grabs. You can also filter by price range so you're selecting within your limits.
06/07/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
That's how I do it Kira, I've suggested in the monthly meeting that I'd like for them to be able to have the option to sort at least one review, but less than three because sometimes there's good stuff that only has 1-2 reviews on it, but you can't check those items if you check with no reviews. My husbands a programmer and he said it's not that hard, but the tech team hasn't done anything yet.
06/07/2012
nanamondoute nanamondoute
Quote:
Originally posted by VioletMoonstone
You can only review products that are in stock and have less than 3 reviews. If at least 3 people have asked for the same item to review it means it has pending reviews. The only way to find out is to try to check out with it and if it doesn't ...
For lingerie, I'm pretty sure only one person can review, regardless of the size.
06/07/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
Quote:
Originally posted by unfulfilled
That's how I do it Kira, I've suggested in the monthly meeting that I'd like for them to be able to have the option to sort at least one review, but less than three because sometimes there's good stuff that only has 1-2 reviews on it, ...
That would be super helpful. I wish for that every time I use the product search. lol
06/07/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
You can also use the Product Search feature and drill down to items with no reviews. There's a drop down menu that says "review status." Click "without reviews" and that will filter to items that don't have any reviews ...
You also can search for products that are 'available to review,' which is what I do. Sometimes there are toys that are re-up for review for whatever reason that have more than 3 reviews, so by just sorting for products that are open to review you see everything.
06/07/2012
Talena Talena
I always used the product search. I didn't know You could search available to review. Good to know. And good luck on your search.
06/07/2012
VioletMoonstone VioletMoonstone
Quote:
Originally posted by nanamondoute
For lingerie, I'm pretty sure only one person can review, regardless of the size.
Probably. I thought I read that somewhere but I don't remember now.
06/07/2012
babycakess babycakess
Quote:
Originally posted by D&J
I am a new Advanced Reviewer and I am trying to pick out something to review and every time I go to my assignment cart, the item is either "out of stock" or I get this message: "Free assignments are not available for products with 3 or ...
You can go to the product search and choose the option "for free assignment" - that's how I found something.
06/07/2012
D&J D&J
Quote:
Originally posted by VioletMoonstone
You can only review products that are in stock and have less than 3 reviews. If at least 3 people have asked for the same item to review it means it has pending reviews. The only way to find out is to try to check out with it and if it doesn't ...
Thank you so much! I just found something that I really want and was able to request. Woohoo! Hope I get it!
06/08/2012
D&J D&J
Quote:
Originally posted by John E W
Thanks for the info!! I'm in the same boat but now I know how to go about it!!
Good luck! There are good instructions in this post that made it possible for me to request a toy for review. It helped me to open the assignment cart in another window so that I could follow the instructions while searching. Hope that helps!
06/08/2012
D&J D&J
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
You can also use the Product Search feature and drill down to items with no reviews. There's a drop down menu that says "review status." Click "without reviews" and that will filter to items that don't have any reviews ...
Awesome! Thank you guys so much! I am new here, but I can already see that this is such a helpful and supportive community!
06/08/2012
D&J D&J
Quote:
Originally posted by unfulfilled
That's how I do it Kira, I've suggested in the monthly meeting that I'd like for them to be able to have the option to sort at least one review, but less than three because sometimes there's good stuff that only has 1-2 reviews on it, ...
That sounds like an awesome idea. Your husband sounds like a smart guy!
06/08/2012
D&J D&J
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
You also can search for products that are 'available to review,' which is what I do. Sometimes there are toys that are re-up for review for whatever reason that have more than 3 reviews, so by just sorting for products that are open to review ...
Thanks!!!
06/08/2012
D&J D&J
Quote:
Originally posted by Talena
I always used the product search. I didn't know You could search available to review. Good to know. And good luck on your search.
I did just find a toy that I was able to request! And it's one I really want too!

How long does it take to find out if you are approved and, is there a limit on the amount of items that you can request at one time? I mean, I know they wouldn't approve but so many, but if you wanted to request 3 or 4 at a time, is that ok?
06/08/2012
D&J D&J
Quote:
Originally posted by babycakess
You can go to the product search and choose the option "for free assignment" - that's how I found something.
Thank you!
06/08/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by D&J
I did just find a toy that I was able to request! And it's one I really want too!

How long does it take to find out if you are approved and, is there a limit on the amount of items that you can request at one time? I mean, I know they ...
You can request a few at a time, but keep in mind that if they're all showing up as 'available' probably they'll just approve the first one you requested. It may be a good idea to request two or three since you're low ranking and there may be a lot of competition, but I wouldn't request like 100 because the Admin who has to go through and hit 'reject' on all of them is the same one who picks what you get.

You can always make a wishlist or keep them in your assignment cart for next month, though! I do that, I have a running wishlist of things I wouldn't mind requesting when the GOOD 'that time of the month' comes around hahaha! Best of luck! You SHOULD know by tomorrow, but if JR gets swamped it might be Monday.
06/08/2012
D&J D&J
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
You can request a few at a time, but keep in mind that if they're all showing up as 'available' probably they'll just approve the first one you requested. It may be a good idea to request two or three since you're low ranking and ...
I did EXACTLY what you said - and that little vibe that I found that I wanted and got to request - I GOT IT! Yes! I am so excited to check the mail on Tuesday.
06/09/2012
Kissy Kissy
Quote:
Originally posted by D&J
I did EXACTLY what you said - and that little vibe that I found that I wanted and got to request - I GOT IT! Yes! I am so excited to check the mail on Tuesday.
The first free review is the most exciting thing ever!! Can't wait to read it!
06/10/2012
Total posts: 21
Unique posters: 10