A question about a vibrator that I have

Elf Elf
Devinn Lane's reflective emperor
Related to: 
Hello! I have a question about a vibrator that I have. I purchased the purple emperor vibe a while back, and at first it was fine. But I've noticed lately that it actually burns me. So I was wondering if this is because I developed an allergy to it,(have to mention that I did not have any allergies before) or if that's something that normally happens when it's time to throw a toy away and get a new one.
06/17/2008
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Demdaco Demdaco
Quote:
Originally posted by Elf
Hello! I have a question about a vibrator that I have. I purchased the purple emperor vibe a while back, and at first it was fine. But I've noticed lately that it actually burns me. So I was wondering if this is because I developed an allergy to ... More
Yes, it's time to throw it out. Jelly breaks down over time and some people are sensitive to jelly products. And I wouldn't call it an allergy...just a sensitivity...
06/17/2008
Memyself Memyself
In the long run, you'd probably do better to use silicone, which is more expensive initially but won't need to be replaced for a long long time. But if you have your heart set on jelly, then you should DEF use a condom over any jelly toy in the future.
06/17/2008
Always18 Always18
You have to throw jelly toys out whenever they get sticky or start to smell bad.
06/17/2008
Cock Wrangler Cock Wrangler
Yes, the jelly break-down process is most likely responsible for this irritation. Jelly has phthalates- chemicals which make it softer but are also very bad for your body.
Use a condom over jelly toys to protect yourself, and extend their lives, or go for silicone.
06/17/2008
Jimbo Jones Jimbo Jones
Quote:
Originally posted by Always18
You have to throw jelly toys out whenever they get sticky or start to smell bad.
You know, they often smell bad right out of the package, but you're probably talking about a different kind of smell.
06/17/2008
Essin' Em Essin' Em
Quote:
Originally posted by Always18
You have to throw jelly toys out whenever they get sticky or start to smell bad.
I was gonna say, don't jelly toys always smell bad?

I agree with everyone else; condom it up, or get a phthalate-free toy. However, it's also possible you've got some sort of infection; it could be bacterial, viral, possibly an STI, or bacteria vaginosis (assuming you have a vagina). If changing a toy doesn't help, I really suggest heading to a doc to get it checked out. Infections in your nether regions are NEVER fun!
06/18/2008
Enigma Enigma
Quote:
Originally posted by Elf
Hello! I have a question about a vibrator that I have. I purchased the purple emperor vibe a while back, and at first it was fine. But I've noticed lately that it actually burns me. So I was wondering if this is because I developed an allergy to ... More
I’ve had this toy for over a year. I’ve had the same thing happen. In case you don’t want to throw it away (I don’t because I really like it) you can cover it with a condom so there is no direct skin to toy contact. Because jelly toys are porous and cannot be sterilized, it’s a good idea to use them with a condom at all times. The toy feels just as good even when it’s being safe.
10/06/2010
MistressShannon MistressShannon
Quote:
Originally posted by Elf
Hello! I have a question about a vibrator that I have. I purchased the purple emperor vibe a while back, and at first it was fine. But I've noticed lately that it actually burns me. So I was wondering if this is because I developed an allergy to ... More
Are you using a lubricant with this toy? It may possibly be the lubricant. Or possibly the product that you use to clean it with.
03/27/2011
Teacookie Teacookie
I found a safer version link
02/04/2012
Missmarc Missmarc
Quote:
Originally posted by Elf
Hello! I have a question about a vibrator that I have. I purchased the purple emperor vibe a while back, and at first it was fine. But I've noticed lately that it actually burns me. So I was wondering if this is because I developed an allergy to ... More
You should really stop using it. I'd recommend something made of medical grade silicone next time around.
02/04/2012
Petite Cannibal Petite Cannibal
Quote:
Originally posted by Demdaco
Yes, it's time to throw it out. Jelly breaks down over time and some people are sensitive to jelly products. And I wouldn't call it an allergy...just a sensitivity...
This is true, since all jellies are very porous. The best would be silicone, which does eventually break down, but a lot slower than jelly.
01/14/2013
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 12