Has the photoshopping gone too far?

  • Christmas shipping schedule

Has the photoshopping gone too far?

Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Tres Sexy boyshort with suspenders and mask
Related to: 
I can't be the only one that finds this disturbing:



I think we've come to accept product photos that are airbrushed to infinity and beyond, but this... it's awful IMHO. It looks like she has no nipples whatsoever.

Contributors, what do you think?
06/06/2012
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Couples!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Her!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Him!
  • Save 25% on LELO and PicoBong
  • Holiday Clearance – Save 80%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Bex1331 Bex1331
SHE HAS ALIEN BOOBS!!! I've gotta admit that's a bit concerning...
06/06/2012
BG529 BG529
None of the models on here have nipples they all get photoshoped out. IDk why but they do...
06/06/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by BG529
None of the models on here have nipples they all get photoshoped out. IDk why but they do...
Someone once commented that manufacturers did it so that the photos could be displayed in stores like Spencers and Ricky's, which are not age-restricted. In the case of clothing, it just makes the outfit look opaque. In this photo, I agree with Bex1331, the model looks like an alien.
06/06/2012
MeliPixie MeliPixie
I'd love to know how the model feels when she looks at her photo and sees she lacks nipples
06/06/2012
Beck Beck
I just don't get why they do that. Nipples are fine to show when they are on men.
06/06/2012
Chilipepper Chilipepper
The Uncanny Valley grows ever closer ...

Although I guess we can know what lingerie will look like on Barbie now.
06/06/2012
KrissyNovacaine KrissyNovacaine
I am more disturbed when photoshopping makes people perfect. I hate that.
06/06/2012
js250 js250
Yikes!! I get why they do that, but it is really icky looking.
06/06/2012
Megan Jean Megan Jean
Oh wow... yeah, that's too far.
06/06/2012
Rossie Rossie
Although I think it's kind of weird, but it's just another method to cover up private parts other then using pasties or the model's hands/arms. Honestly, have you ever seen a product picture that exposes the model's nipples?
06/06/2012
Geogeo Geogeo
It took me a while to notice. But I think it's OK
06/06/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Although I think it's kind of weird, but it's just another method to cover up private parts other then using pasties or the model's hands/arms. Honestly, have you ever seen a product picture that exposes the model's nipples?
I have in the past. I don't really remember if it was here on EF or another site, but I think those pictures are being phased out in favor of photos like the one above. I'd rather the model used her hands or pasties than have them airbrushed out.
06/06/2012
ghent529 ghent529
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
Someone once commented that manufacturers did it so that the photos could be displayed in stores like Spencers and Ricky's, which are not age-restricted. In the case of clothing, it just makes the outfit look opaque. In this photo, I agree with ...
interesting.. just wondering but why don't they show nipples on her
06/06/2012
britanny0620 britanny0620
O.O THAT is just scary. Noooo nipples!
06/06/2012
britanny0620 britanny0620
Coincidentally, wasn't there just a post recently about how you'd react to a lover having no nipples?
06/06/2012
amazon amazon
Missing nipples? That's pretty funny.
06/06/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I have in the past. I don't really remember if it was here on EF or another site, but I think those pictures are being phased out in favor of photos like the one above. I'd rather the model used her hands or pasties than have them airbrushed out.
That's true, it's better to just cover them with her hands or with pasties, but the manufacturer probably wanted the entire length of the straps to be shown on this one.
06/06/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
I just don't get why they do that. Nipples are fine to show when they are on men.
Evidently women aren't supposed to have nipples, or something?? (sarcasm)

It's ridiculous.

The photoshopping out the nipples has always been creepy, but this particular picture is almost terrifying.
06/06/2012
humblepie humblepie
Yeah its so it can be shows in non-restricted stores and sites. Also stuff with visible female nipples couldn't be "liked" on facebook, so they'd be losing some publicity.
06/06/2012
brevado brevado
It's not something I would say "bothers" me.
06/06/2012
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
And this is probably why I buy so much Seven Til' Midnight stuff. Their models aren't overly photoshopped if you look at them. You can see little "flaws", slightly uneven skin tone, and little things like that.

In this picture, look at her stomach and legs. It's not that whole airbrused look. She doesn't have a "perfect" navel. Hell, it's not far off from what I see when I look in the mirror (other than the boobs, obviously). On the far left you can see marks on her stomach. Everything looks natural. I love that they don't photoshop the hell out of the plus sized models, either.



Not to mention, I just think this model is super hot . . .
06/06/2012
nanamondoute nanamondoute
A lot of the model pictures actually shocks me because a lot of the sheer clothing, especially netting, has models with no nipples. It's so off and makes us wonder why it's okay to show the entire breast, just not the nipple.
06/06/2012
Audrey Grace Audrey Grace
Side boobage, front boobage, underboobage, cleavage.... All ok to show, but not nipples?? Nipples are the only chest bits that men have too, and yet they're the only part that isn't allowed to show??? I just find it counterintuitive and stupid. Photoshop is cool and all, but ew. I like people they way they are.
06/06/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
I knew I'd seen some somewhere! It was in the Eden Should Carry Thread for June 2012.



This is preferable to that très UNsexy horror above.
06/06/2012
OhMy! OhMy!
In a lot of cases, nother reason they PhotoShop the nipples out is so that the nude versions do not appear in google search results to underage/inappropriate audiences.
06/06/2012
Missmarc Missmarc
Quote:
Originally posted by MeliPixie
I'd love to know how the model feels when she looks at her photo and sees she lacks nipples
Haha, I agree
06/06/2012
Alan & Michele Alan & Michele
I think it's funny, actually.

~M
06/06/2012
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
yeah, alot of the photoshopping is ridonkulous. really unnecessary. and just all around weird!
06/06/2012
indiglo indiglo
Quote:
Originally posted by britanny0620
Coincidentally, wasn't there just a post recently about how you'd react to a lover having no nipples?
LOL Yes, there was! Too funny!

That looks super weird, at least in this case it doesn't really change what the garment looks like. It's still weird though.
06/06/2012
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 43
Unique posters: 37