Need Help: Has anyone ever made their own pasties?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Need Help: Has anyone ever made their own pasties?

Naughty Student Naughty Student
I have looked at a few of the pasties on EF but I am really picky about the color and shape. I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to make their own pasties. It doesn't seem like it would be something too complicated to do.

Would anyone have any advice or references online to give me, as I am interested in making my own!
11/30/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Actually yes. This is kind of a fucked up story since I used materials from my mom's scrap booking set and my dad's work supplies.

My mom had a ton of die cuts that she made out of cool materials. Some were paper, some were taffeta, some lace. I took a few of the pretty shaped ones and then applied them to Peel N Stick dots which covered the entire back. This adhesive is safe for the body and is acid-free. The lace ones lasted quite a few applications, but the paper ones didn't...I didn't expect them too though.
11/30/2010
Naughty Student Naughty Student
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Actually yes. This is kind of a fucked up story since I used materials from my mom's scrap booking set and my dad's work supplies.

My mom had a ton of die cuts that she made out of cool materials. Some were paper, some were taffeta, ...
Scrap booking stuff sounds so perfect for that, all those cool patterns!

Could Peel N Stick also be called MacTac or is this different? Do you think I could find this in a dollar store? I'm not sure it might be safe though since the stuff they have is from china and their material standards are not as high as ours, right?
11/30/2010
Rockin' Rockin'
I made my own, but they were really simple. You could use the same materials, though, and just attach something more decorative to the outside, though ^_^

Here's a link to my post on making pasties: link

It's a Wanton Wednesday picture post; there's some skin. Consider yourself warned
11/30/2010
Naughty Student Naughty Student
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
I made my own, but they were really simple. You could use the same materials, though, and just attach something more decorative to the outside, though ^_^

Here's a link to my post on making pasties: link

It's a Wanton Wednesday ...
Thanks! I would like to make star shaped one's in a shade of red, so I could get red duck tape instead of electric tape to put ontop of the medical tape, what do you think?

I'm open to other ideas also.
11/30/2010
Naughty Student Naughty Student
I found this link on google but I am looking for soemthing more simple!
11/30/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Naughty Student
Scrap booking stuff sounds so perfect for that, all those cool patterns!

Could Peel N Stick also be called MacTac or is this different? Do you think I could find this in a dollar store? I'm not sure it might be safe though since the stuff ...
MacTac? I tried looking that up, but could not find a good link. Peel N Stick is made by the company my Dad works for, so I know it isn't called anything else. it is made here in the US. I've been to the plant. 3M makes a similar product however.

Peel N Stick Dots can be found at Walmart, Target, Michael's, JoAnn Fabrics, etc type places. They can also be found online.

link
11/30/2010
Naughty Student Naughty Student
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
MacTac? I tried looking that up, but could not find a good link. Peel N Stick is made by the company my Dad works for, so I know it isn't called anything else. it is made here in the US. I've been to the plant. 3M makes a similar product ...
3M male MacTac! Alright.

So I've googled a lot and tassles are in style and people are so creative. I have so many ideas now of all sorts of pasties I can make. Thanks for your help everyone. I have enough references for what I am planning to do!
11/30/2010
Chilipepper Chilipepper
One of my aunts related a story of how she dressed up as a stripper for one Halloween back in the 1970's:

"For the pasties - and I advise no one to EVER do this - I simply painted white glue on and around my nipples and dipped them into a jar of glitter. Neat effect, but a bitch to take off at the end of the night."


I was never curious enough to try; I'm more likely to dress as 'Sweet Sweet Connie' if I ever dress up as a stripper.
11/30/2010
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Naughty Student
Thanks! I would like to make star shaped one's in a shade of red, so I could get red duck tape instead of electric tape to put ontop of the medical tape, what do you think?

I'm open to other ideas also.
I think the duct tape would work fine as long as it wasn't too heavy on the medical tape. If you could do it with just one layer of duct tape, it should be fine. Just be aware of how long you've had them on / if there's any discomfort. Have fun!
11/30/2010
ViVix ViVix
Quote:
Originally posted by Naughty Student
I have looked at a few of the pasties on EF but I am really picky about the color and shape. I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to make their own pasties. It doesn't seem like it would be something too complicated to do.

Would anyone ...
I LOVE this post. I haven't made my own, but I just might now!
08/23/2012
ViVix ViVix
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
One of my aunts related a story of how she dressed up as a stripper for one Halloween back in the 1970's:

"For the pasties - and I advise no one to EVER do this - I simply painted white glue on and around my nipples and dipped them ...
Hilarious!
08/23/2012
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 5