Are lubricated condoms safe with silicone toys?

Stingo Stingo
Hello all,

My partner and I enjoy anal play with silicone toys. We are "above average intermediate" players and we enjoy experimenting to get to a more advanced level. One such experiment was when "Rita" wanted to see how far she can put her shoe up my ass. I was game. So she stood, put on her shoes (a pair of high heel pumps, with soft pointy toes--very sexy!) and put plastic wrap around her right shoe, so as to not soil it with lube. I put a lubricated condom over it, to smooth out the edges.

But we stopped when we realized that while the condom's wrapper and box said the lubricant was "water based," it might be silicone based, since it had an oily feel and couldn't be easily washed off, like with, for example, Maximus water base lubricant.

Since it's warned that silicone based lubricants should not be used with silicone toys (Rita and I would had continued playing with the silicone toys after she shoe-fucked me), does it follow that lubricated condoms that apparently use silicone base lubricants should not be used with silicone toys?

Thanks for reading and for your feedback.

S-
10/09/2012
  • Weekly Special: Sexy Savings
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Gone (LD29) Gone (LD29)
Quote:
Originally posted by Stingo
Hello all,

My partner and I enjoy anal play with silicone toys. We are "above average intermediate" players and we enjoy experimenting to get to a more advanced level. One such experiment was when "Rita" wanted to see how ... More
There's always a chance if your condom has a silicone lube on it, that it might react with your silicone toys. Maybe you could check to see if there are reviews of your particular condom to see if it is one that causes issues?
10/09/2012
Stingo Stingo
Quote:
Originally posted by Gone (LD29)
There's always a chance if your condom has a silicone lube on it, that it might react with your silicone toys. Maybe you could check to see if there are reviews of your particular condom to see if it is one that causes issues?
Hi LD29,

That was a quick reply! I actually started to edit my post when your reply stopped me from doing that.

What I wanted to edit was that the condom's box and wrapper did not claim the lubricant was water based. Instead, it described it as "Silky Smooth Lubricant." And as I said, its oily feel and inability to be easily washed off, made us think it might be a silicone based lubricant.

Anyhow, your suggestion to checking condom review seems like a good idea to see if my condom actually use a silicone base lubricant. I hope I could find out at EF, since I could not find out at link. See for yourself.

What if it turns out that all lubricated latex condoms use silicone based lubricants? When will owners of ruined siliconed toys start filing class action suits? Shouldn't, say, the FDA or CPSC or another federal agency, force condom makers to warn against using their lubricated condoms with silicone toys?

Thanks for your reply.

S-
10/09/2012
Gone (LD29) Gone (LD29)
Quote:
Originally posted by Stingo
Hi LD29,

That was a quick reply! I actually started to edit my post when your reply stopped me from doing that.

What I wanted to edit was that the condom's box and wrapper did not claim the lubricant was water based. Instead, it ... More
Sorry about that! It was just the first post at the top of my screen, so I thought I'd see what was up.

I wonder if Trojan would give you ingredient information via e-mail? It seems like that would be important information to have, not just for toy reactions but for allergy purposes also.

Good luck with your information search!
10/09/2012
Total posts: 4
Unique posters: 2