Best way to store jelly toys

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Best way to store jelly toys

Valyn Valyn
I have a couple older jelly toys (I know! Jelly?! WHY?), but I still like them and occasionally use them.

So, I was wondering.. what is the best way to store jelly toys?

I know they can deteriorate quickly, and leaving them in my car to bake in the sun isn't a good idea. But at home? I currently keep one loosely wrapped in a hand towel, because I was a little afraid it would melt or somehow stick to the box it's in.

Any tips? Suggestions?
Thanks!
07/12/2009
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady
Quote:
Originally posted by Valyn
I have a couple older jelly toys (I know! Jelly?! WHY?), but I still like them and occasionally use them.

So, I was wondering.. what is the best way to store jelly toys?

I know they can deteriorate quickly, and leaving them in my car ...
I've kept a jelly toy in a plastic zip bag for over a year now and it's just fine. I'm less concerned about preserving the jelly and more concerned about it coming in contact with my nicer silicone toys.
07/12/2009
Avery Dragon Avery Dragon
Though not the most appealing to look at, the towel does work. At the very least, I'd suggest to get a silkier fabric cloth, scarf, satin, etc. A more attractive option would be to get a drawstring satchel of some sort to store each one in separately. that would protect them as well.
07/12/2009
Liz Liz
I keep each of my jelly toys in an individual ziploc bag, and I store them in a chest (cool and dark!) Same goes for Futurotic and other "skin-like" materials.
07/12/2009
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Avery Dragon
Though not the most appealing to look at, the towel does work. At the very least, I'd suggest to get a silkier fabric cloth, scarf, satin, etc. A more attractive option would be to get a drawstring satchel of some sort to store each one in ...
I have a silk scarf wrapped around 4 soft toys (they may not be all jelly but anything soft has the potential to melt, eww). Funny thing was, the scarf is purple as are all the toys. I didn't notice until I was done LOL

Some sort of tool satchel might work well and be space save-y.. Maybe
07/12/2009
Luscious Lily Luscious Lily
I also keep all of my soft toys in ziploc bags, from rubber and jelly to silicones. I've never had anything react with the plastic bags, and it's easy to see what's in each bag. Keeps the fuzzies off, too.
07/12/2009
Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
I keep all of my toys, excluding hard materials (glass, plastic, etcetera) in plastic bags.
07/13/2009
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Luscious Lily
I also keep all of my soft toys in ziploc bags, from rubber and jelly to silicones. I've never had anything react with the plastic bags, and it's easy to see what's in each bag. Keeps the fuzzies off, too.
but it's ugly )= And that's a huge turn off for me. I should invent sexy ziplocs. LOL
07/13/2009
Luscious Lily Luscious Lily
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
but it's ugly )= And that's a huge turn off for me. I should invent sexy ziplocs. LOL
I'd be the first to buy a shipment! Sexy ziplocs for toys would ROCK.
07/13/2009
Liz2 Liz2
My first jelly toys, I just wrapped in old T shirts..not too sexy. The two that I still have but haven't used in some time, are stored like all my others in zip lock bags, away from heat.
07/13/2009
Valyn Valyn
Okay, I was a little worried that a jelly toy could start sticking to a plastic bag, but it doesn't sound like it from the popularity. While I would prefer my jelly toys not melt into weird shapes, my main concern is making sure nothing else gets ruined because of them.

Thank you everyone for the tips!
07/13/2009
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Valyn
Okay, I was a little worried that a jelly toy could start sticking to a plastic bag, but it doesn't sound like it from the popularity. While I would prefer my jelly toys not melt into weird shapes, my main concern is making sure nothing else gets ...
Well, I have had experiences where jelly did stick to a bag but it didn't react with it, it just melted and stuck until I peeled it off.
07/13/2009
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 8