What is the best rope material in your opinion, and why?

DreamWolf DreamWolf
Silky, hemp, something else?
12/15/2011
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Try a luxury harness with a dildo and save 45% on a kit!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Destri Destri
I much prefer silky cords. I hate when the tie chafes me, and I just like the look and the feel of something silky.
12/15/2011
Rawhide Rawhide
Depends on the purpose for the rope. Hemp is incredibly strong and holds knots well, making it a favorite for suspension. Bamboo is softer but still strong and with anti-bacterial properties that make it great for genital ties. Mohair and silk are really soft and nice for light and luxurious bondage.

My ideal all purpose rope would probably be a blend of hemp and bamboo.
12/16/2011
DreamWolf DreamWolf
Hmmm...
12/19/2011
DreamWolf DreamWolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Rawhide
Depends on the purpose for the rope. Hemp is incredibly strong and holds knots well, making it a favorite for suspension. Bamboo is softer but still strong and with anti-bacterial properties that make it great for genital ties. Mohair and silk are ... More
Excellently satisfying explanation for the question in my case, thank you!

(Further comments are still welcome of course... )
12/19/2011
Lizzy Lizzy
True bondage rope is pretty soft. However, many package their product as such, and it just isn't so.
01/24/2012
Sir Sir
Hemp is nice. I like the cotton variety as well, and paracord can be fun too.
01/24/2012
DreamWolf DreamWolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizzy
True bondage rope is pretty soft. However, many package their product as such, and it just isn't so.
I bet!
02/05/2012
DreamWolf DreamWolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Hemp is nice. I like the cotton variety as well, and paracord can be fun too.
Good tips to remember I assume... Thankies Sir! ~bows deep gratefully
02/05/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
I've only had japanese silk rope and I like the softness of it because it doesn't hurt.
02/05/2012
DreamWolf DreamWolf
Quote:
Originally posted by unfulfilled
I've only had japanese silk rope and I like the softness of it because it doesn't hurt.
Indeed it is definitely something for anyone, unless it is too weak to handle harder use... ^^
02/09/2012
Rawhide Rawhide
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Hemp is nice. I like the cotton variety as well, and paracord can be fun too.
I looooove paracord but it won't hold regular knots, I'm always having to double and triple knot it to get it to stay. So I don't use it for play but there are tons of other projects where paracord is a life saver.
02/13/2012
Master DarkWolf Master DarkWolf
It depends on what you use it for.
02/20/2012
Total posts: 13
Unique posters: 7