Penile Discharge: Clean STD Panel - What Gives?

chantalgiardina chantalgiardina
My hubby recently started getting a little bit of discharge. We decided to be on the safe side and both went and got tested (twice). everything came back negative (both times). He still has a discharge though and he's freaking out thinking it could have something to do with his prostate...
Anyone have any idea? Ever experience this before?
05/01/2012
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
What did the doctor say? Were they concerned? What kind of discharge? Does it itch? Does it burn?
05/01/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
What kind of a "panel" did they do? There are genital infections that aren't always tested for, like Trichamonis, Chlamydia (which people can harbor for years before they show symptoms) etc. There is no one standard "STD Panel" in medicine, usually they just test for the Big Four.

Make sure they tested him for Trich and Chlamydia and that they also check his prostate.

Good luck. Men's health isn't my specialty, but there are a LOT of infections that could cause discharge. Did they culture the discharge in a lab, too?
05/01/2012
chantalgiardina chantalgiardina
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
What kind of a "panel" did they do? There are genital infections that aren't always tested for, like Trichamonis, Chlamydia (which people can harbor for years before they show symptoms) etc. There is no one standard "STD ... More
they test for herpes, hiv, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis at our local health dept. When they seen the discharge they gave us both a shot and 2 pills for possible gonorrhea. ( Said we wouldnt know for sure until our tests came back, but they treat to be on the safe side..) and when they treat for gonorrhea they also treat for chlamydia which is why we got pills as well...

But 2 weeks later all our results came back and are completely clean so that wasn't it..

He has a dr apt next wednesday - thinking possible bladder infection or prostate?
05/02/2012
chantalgiardina chantalgiardina
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
What did the doctor say? Were they concerned? What kind of discharge? Does it itch? Does it burn?
he said it doens't itch or burn. He does have to urinate more but thats about it.
05/02/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by chantalgiardina
they test for herpes, hiv, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis at our local health dept. When they seen the discharge they gave us both a shot and 2 pills for possible gonorrhea. ( Said we wouldnt know for sure until our tests came back, but they treat to ... More
Did they do a urine culture and test for Trichamonis as well?
05/02/2012
chantalgiardina chantalgiardina
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Did they do a urine culture and test for Trichamonis as well?
no they didnt test for that one..
05/03/2012
Badass Badass
Quote:
Originally posted by chantalgiardina
My hubby recently started getting a little bit of discharge. We decided to be on the safe side and both went and got tested (twice). everything came back negative (both times). He still has a discharge though and he's freaking out thinking it ... More
You should have had the Dr. see if he has a yeast infection.. Apparently fellows can get those too, especially if you recently had one and you don't use condoms.
05/04/2012
Total posts: 8
Unique posters: 4