Do you know someone with a disability?

PadoruLover PadoruLover
Okay so I am taking a special education class and my teacher was telling me that everyone knows at least one person with a disability weather its physical, mental, behavioral, or a learning disability. I wanted to know if that was true. So let me know if you know anyone. I myself know a few and have one myself. (This is something you are born with not got later in life) You don't have to tell me but if you feel comfortable to let me know what the disability is.
Answers (private voting - your screen name will NOT appear in the results):
7  (100%)
Total votes: 7
Poll is open
03/18/2014
  • Get 3 amazing toys for $20 only!
  • 3 for $30: Choose from 90+ fantastic toys
  • Get 3 amazing toys for $50 only!
  • Save 50% on Toys for Men, Women, Couples
  • Save 40% on massager and attachment kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kitten has left the site Kitten has left the site
Nearly everyone in my family has a disability (though I'm the only one that developed hers).
My dad was born with slight autism, my mother was born partially deaf and she wasn't born with the chemical to battle depression (I don't exactly know if that counts), my younger brother was born with a disability that caused him to become blind, my sister was born half deaf, and my other brother, the youngest was born with severe autism.

I on the other hand had developed PTSD and PDD. Though I'm not sure if those are disabilities, I kinda did very little research on them but I know they started shortly after my abuse at age 5.
03/22/2014
edeneve edeneve
Quote:
Originally posted by Kitten has left the site
Nearly everyone in my family has a disability (though I'm the only one that developed hers).
My dad was born with slight autism, my mother was born partially deaf and she wasn't born with the chemical to battle depression (I don't ...
OMG - I'm so saddened for you & your family by all this.
03/22/2014
Kitten has left the site Kitten has left the site
Quote:
Originally posted by edeneve
OMG - I'm so saddened for you & your family by all this.
It is a lot in one family @.@ I won't deny that. But thankfully every single one of us refuses to let it hinder us in our daily lives, like my brother Kevin. He may be blind, but he lives on his own and everything. He even plays guitar!
03/22/2014
PadoruLover PadoruLover
Quote:
Originally posted by Kitten has left the site
It is a lot in one family @.@ I won't deny that. But thankfully every single one of us refuses to let it hinder us in our daily lives, like my brother Kevin. He may be blind, but he lives on his own and everything. He even plays guitar!
Thats pretty amazing that all of you wont let it hinder you. Not everyone is that strong.
03/22/2014
Kitten has left the site Kitten has left the site
Quote:
Originally posted by PadoruLover
Thats pretty amazing that all of you wont let it hinder you. Not everyone is that strong.
Thank you ^^ It's a lot to take in, but we've come a long way with a lot of support from each other.
03/24/2014
Total posts: 6
Unique posters: 3