Eden Flicks--Meeting. Sunday, June 5 at 9 PM EDT

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

Eden Flicks--Meeting. Sunday, June 5 at 9 PM EDT

Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
OMG I cry every time I watch The Green Mile.
I am so happy to hear I'm not the only one. I remember watching it on VHS and having to stop halfway thru and change the tapes, lol
06/05/2011
IrishLassie IrishLassie
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I think with Pirates they're doing a second trilogy and that's it.
you know I wouldnt be surprised.
06/05/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by UrNaughtyaAngel
Good evening. I have not been to the movies theaters in a long time but I did see the Green Mile Last night on cable. I had seen it before. I saw the beginning of Girl Fight. I have heard a lot about that movie. From what I saw it was very ...
Oh I don't do theaters, although in july we will be doing a sensory friendly showing of cars 2 for the boy child. I watch through on demand free, netflix, redbox or library dvds
06/05/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I think with Pirates they're doing a second trilogy and that's it.
I'm kind of over the series to be honest. I went and saw the fourth movie with my best friend because we had nothing better to do the other night LOL. Oh! And we saw Something Borrowed about a week or two ago. Now THAT was a good movie, though I was kind of disappointed with how it ended.
06/05/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
OMG I cry every time I watch The Green Mile.
me too
06/05/2011
UrNaughtyaAngel UrNaughtyaAngel
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
OMG I cry every time I watch The Green Mile.
I know its so sad, I had forgotten the ending of the movie, I stood up late cause for the life of me I couldn't remember how it ended. I hate that the towns people never got to know the truth about John Coffey and the two girls.
06/05/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
So, who watched The Graduate? This was my first time ever seeing the whole movie and I was pleasantly surprised by the humor in the movie. For those who haven’t seen it, Dustin Hoffman plays a recent college graduate, named Ben, who comes home racked with the burden of not knowing what he wants to do with the rest of his life. His parents are proud and presenting him to all their friends. In his escape from his parents, he gets the offer of a lifetime. (No, not “Plastics!”) He’s seduced by Mrs. Robinson, and the bumbling, virginal Hoffman delivers a very funny performance in his rejection, then ultimate acceptance and enthusiasm to Mrs. Robinson’s advances. Of course, the movie’s not all about him and Mrs. Robinson. Miss Robinson makes an appearance and steals Ben’s affections. Chaos and drama finally commence as the love triangle progresses.

Those of you who saw the movie, what did you think of it?
06/05/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by IrishLassie
Me too
I don't watch it anymore because of that.
06/05/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I am so happy to hear I'm not the only one. I remember watching it on VHS and having to stop halfway thru and change the tapes, lol
I am a slut for anything Tom Hanks stars in. I have yet to see a bad movie that Tom Hanks has been a part of.
06/05/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
Oh I don't do theaters, although in july we will be doing a sensory friendly showing of cars 2 for the boy child. I watch through on demand free, netflix, redbox or library dvds
I'm really curious... What's "sensory friendly"?
06/05/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
I'm kind of over the series to be honest. I went and saw the fourth movie with my best friend because we had nothing better to do the other night LOL. Oh! And we saw Something Borrowed about a week or two ago. Now THAT was a good movie, ...
I'm on the fence about the series honestly. I liked this one, but I'm not sure how much longer they can keep going before they're all just horrible.
06/05/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
Oh I don't do theaters, although in july we will be doing a sensory friendly showing of cars 2 for the boy child. I watch through on demand free, netflix, redbox or library dvds
I don't go often, but I'm going in July for Deathly Hallows 2... got my t-shirt already... we're big nerds and go at midnight
06/05/2011
Misfit Momma Misfit Momma
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Has anyone seen anything fun or interesting this month? (besides The Graduate, of course!) We sat down and watched The Tourist with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. (yum!) It was surprisingly humorous. I was expecting serious espionage and drama, ...
Just watched Priest and Insidious. Both were fantastic!
06/05/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
So, who watched The Graduate? This was my first time ever seeing the whole movie and I was pleasantly surprised by the humor in the movie. For those who haven’t seen it, Dustin Hoffman plays a recent college graduate, named Ben, who comes home ...
I loved it, the humor was surprising to me as well, the cinematography was amazing and I loved the repetitive haunting soundtrack
06/05/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm on the fence about the series honestly. I liked this one, but I'm not sure how much longer they can keep going before they're all just horrible.
I was annoyed with Penelope Cruz about halfway through the movie. I can't stand her accent and they way she was angled with her eyes slanted the ENTIRE movie irritated me to no end.
06/05/2011
IrishLassie IrishLassie
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
So, who watched The Graduate? This was my first time ever seeing the whole movie and I was pleasantly surprised by the humor in the movie. For those who haven’t seen it, Dustin Hoffman plays a recent college graduate, named Ben, who comes home ...
I loved Dustin Hoffman's performance. I thought it funny and endearing watching him act like a typical, awkward young man.
06/05/2011
Officer Oddy Officer Oddy
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I also just saw Love and Other Drugs a couple of nights ago. I really enjoyed it. It wasn't as much of a tear-jerker as I thought it would be. It was cute. And HOT!
There was a surprising amount of sex-scenes in that movie (not that I minded, lol). It was the first time I'd seen Anne Hathaway do anything sexual.
06/05/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
I loved it, the humor was surprising to me as well, the cinematography was amazing and I loved the repetitive haunting soundtrack
I happen to truly love Simon and Garfunkel. Poor Miss Anne had to listen to me sing along.
06/05/2011
UrNaughtyaAngel UrNaughtyaAngel
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
Oh I don't do theaters, although in july we will be doing a sensory friendly showing of cars 2 for the boy child. I watch through on demand free, netflix, redbox or library dvds
Oh I watch whatever is on cable. The library in this neighborhood doesn't have good selections of dvd's and also I don't like watching movies on my lapttop (no dvd) player. I never got to see cars1 but I heard it is a great movie especially for lil boys since that are more movies for lil girls.
06/05/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I don't go often, but I'm going in July for Deathly Hallows 2... got my t-shirt already... we're big nerds and go at midnight
I'll be there at midnight! My birthday is on the 14th and all I want for my birthday is midnight passes to the last movie even though I KNOW I'm going to cry like a baby.
06/05/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Officer Oddy
There was a surprising amount of sex-scenes in that movie (not that I minded, lol). It was the first time I'd seen Anne Hathaway do anything sexual.
She did a great job with her part.
06/05/2011
IrishLassie IrishLassie
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I happen to truly love Simon and Garfunkel. Poor Miss Anne had to listen to me sing along.
HAHAHA!!!!
06/05/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Jen
I'm really curious... What's "sensory friendly"?
AMC theaters partnered with the Autism society for special showings of kids movies that autistic kids can handle. The lights aren't turned down low, its not as loud and its allergy friendly, you can bring in your own snacks for your kids since they probably wont eat the ones they sell. They are allowed to run around and talk if it keeps them calm, its just so much nicer for the parents of kids like mine because I know I wont be kicked out.
06/05/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by IrishLassie
HAHAHA!!!!
well, you did!
06/05/2011
IrishLassie IrishLassie
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
AMC theaters partnered with the Autism society for special showings of kids movies that autistic kids can handle. The lights aren't turned down low, its not as loud and its allergy friendly, you can bring in your own snacks for your kids since ...
that's really cool!
06/05/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
AMC theaters partnered with the Autism society for special showings of kids movies that autistic kids can handle. The lights aren't turned down low, its not as loud and its allergy friendly, you can bring in your own snacks for your kids since ...
Hey I think that's awesome! What a great idea! There should be more, I think. I can see that being more comfortable and useful for lots of kids and not just ones with autism. Like anyone prone to seizures or anxiety.
06/05/2011
UrNaughtyaAngel UrNaughtyaAngel
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
Oh I don't do theaters, although in july we will be doing a sensory friendly showing of cars 2 for the boy child. I watch through on demand free, netflix, redbox or library dvds
Oh I watch whatever is on cable. The library in this neighborhood doesn't have good selections of dvd's and also I don't like watching movies on my lapttop (no dvd) player. I never got to see cars1 but I heard it is a great movie especially for lil boys since that are more movies for lil girls.
06/05/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I happen to truly love Simon and Garfunkel. Poor Miss Anne had to listen to me sing along.
I adore Simon and Garfunkel. I loved the ending of the movie, the music fit SO perfectly.
06/05/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
AMC theaters partnered with the Autism society for special showings of kids movies that autistic kids can handle. The lights aren't turned down low, its not as loud and its allergy friendly, you can bring in your own snacks for your kids since ...
I never knew they did that. They need to make a showing like that for all kids during the day so parents are encouraged to NOT bring them at night past 9 pm when adults go to avoid children.
06/05/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
So, who watched The Graduate? This was my first time ever seeing the whole movie and I was pleasantly surprised by the humor in the movie. For those who haven’t seen it, Dustin Hoffman plays a recent college graduate, named Ben, who comes home ...
I'm still planning on trying to watch it if I can get a chance to.
06/05/2011
Total posts: 334
Unique posters: 16