Eden Photographers Club Meeting - Tuesday, October 18th @ 7 pm EDT (Topic: Macrophotography)

Jul!a Jul!a
I'm pulling this one off of my Facebook, apologies if it's recycled from me posting it elsewhere

10/18/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm pulling this one off of my Facebook, apologies if it's recycled from me posting it elsewhere

So pretty! The rain/dew does some neat things with the leaf's natural texture!. The focus of the main droplet+leaf is perfect, and I really like the blackness in the background.

It would be just a little better if you had pulled the bottom-right hosta leaf down a little, so it blurred a little smaller % of the picture.

Neat!
10/18/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm pulling this one off of my Facebook, apologies if it's recycled from me posting it elsewhere

I'd like to see the main raindrop moved off center a bit, as it monopolizes the view in the middle. Other than that, the exposure, colors, and depth of field are great.
10/18/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Remember, you can submit photos for critiquing above and beyond the one you can post during these meetings at our Eden Photographers tumblr site. Please feel free to visit the site if you want to critique more photos than the ones posted during these meetings as well.

Remember, any time you critique a photo, either formally or informally, it can help you as a photographer. Get into the habit of looking at photos and see what you can take away from each of them. It will make you a better photographer.

Should you require further direction on how to submit the photos and critique photos, check out the critiquing article on the Eden Clubs and Events blog.
10/18/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Ooh, good call guys!
10/18/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm pulling this one off of my Facebook, apologies if it's recycled from me posting it elsewhere

I agree the textures of this really stand out, they are lovely. The bottom doesn't really bug me since it gives it balance, and the top being really dark. It is a good photo, I can't think of too much wrong with it.

Everyone has great photos this month.
10/18/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
Remember, you can submit photos for critiquing above and beyond the one you can post during these meetings at our Eden Photographers tumblr site. Please feel free to visit the site if you want to critique more photos than the ones posted during ... More
Have fun at the game!
10/18/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
And that's it. Thanks to all of you who attended the meeting tonight!

I've got to run now to my daughter's soccer game, so if anyone thinks up any questions they would like answered, just post them here and I'll do my best to answer them when I get back.


Feel free to continue chatting here if you so desire. Otherwise, good night, everyone!
10/18/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
I agree the textures of this really stand out, they are lovely. The bottom doesn't really bug me since it gives it balance, and the top being really dark. It is a good photo, I can't think of too much wrong with it.

Everyone has great ... More
Thank you!
10/18/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Have fun at the game!
Thanks! It will be watching a cloud of kids running up and down the field with the ball, basically.
10/18/2011
Antipova Antipova
Happy soccering, Vaccinium!

(And Starkiller, good thing you were around for this weeks' clubs! They'd'a been awful lonely without you )
10/18/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Happy soccering, Vaccinium!

(And Starkiller, good thing you were around for this weeks' clubs! They'd'a been awful lonely without you )
That is true, today and yesterday were the club club days. Ill miss the planning meeting but Im sure it can go on without me. I really hope I have off for the Halloween party. It would be upsetting if I missed out.
10/18/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
And that's it. Thanks to all of you who attended the meeting tonight!

I've got to run now to my daughter's soccer game, so if anyone thinks up any questions they would like answered, just post them here and I'll do my best to ... More
Have a good time at the game!
10/18/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Happy soccering, Vaccinium!

(And Starkiller, good thing you were around for this weeks' clubs! They'd'a been awful lonely without you )
I agree!
10/18/2011
Total posts: 104
Unique posters: 6