LELO Ina replacement - very happy, and reporting some changes

indiglo indiglo
My beloved Ina broke down on me after having her for about 8 months. (The motor in the clit arm stopped working, which I've read has happened to several other members here.) Today I received my replacement Ina from Lelo, as promised per the 1 year warranty. I just wanted to share that the packaging has changed, and I think they have somewhat changed the design of the toy as well.

I will plan to do a review of my new Ina, but the most important thing I wanted to share is that the clit arm is now much LESS firm than it was. It actually moves a fair amount. Before it was very difficult to lift the arm up, and now it is not quite floppy, but much more mobile. I think this design is far superior to the old design, and will tend to break a lot less, because the clit arm is now flexible enough that I may not have to lift it up during insertion of the toy.

Just wanted to share that, I plan to do a review since it's so different, but it will probably be a little while before I can get around to it. Cheers Lelo for the improvements, and may I say I am TOTALLY impressed by your customer service!
08/26/2011
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
ZenaidaMacroura ZenaidaMacroura
Ooh. I've wanted an Ina but was afraid the arm would be too rigid like others have said. That sounds much better. The ones here at EF could still be the old rigid ones, though, so I think I'll still be waiting.
08/26/2011
Tuesday Tuesday
Hrmmm... The only part of Ina that I liked was how firmly the clit arm pressed down. We're all so different.
08/26/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Any idea why a $156 toy failed after jut 9 months?
08/26/2011
indiglo indiglo
I should have been more specific. The clit arm itself is still rigid, it's just where it connects to the shaft of the toy that is more flexible. I believe it should still exert some pressure during use (I hope so, anyway, I like that part too!) but I'll find out once I use it. I don't think it will exert quite as much pressure, but it should still be a really snug fit.

As far as the breakage so quickly, my only guess is that the connection of the clit arm to the shaft of the toy was so rigid previously - you had to really lift it when you inserted the toy, and I'm guessing that repeated lifting to insert the toy maybe did something to the wiring or internal mechanism of the toy? I think this new design should help prevent that.

I'm looking forward to giving it a test run to find out how it works!
08/26/2011
TitsMcScandal TitsMcScandal
Yeah, mine did the same thing. Still gets the job done, but I do think it is a bit crazy that a luxury company makes a toy that fails with so many people after such a short period of time. I guess good thing that the warranty is there, but it still just irks me on some level.
08/26/2011
indiglo indiglo
I do think it's a bit of a design flaw, sadly. I just hope this one doesn't conk out after 8 months, because that will be outside of my 1 year warranty!
08/26/2011
null null
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
Any idea why a $156 toy failed after jut 9 months?
It happens, my Gigi started acting funny after just 3 months, but LELO is very good about sending replacements!
08/26/2011
Eva Schwaltz Eva Schwaltz
Same thing happened to me too. Glad to hear they are making some changes.
08/26/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by indiglo
I do think it's a bit of a design flaw, sadly. I just hope this one doesn't conk out after 8 months, because that will be outside of my 1 year warranty!
But you should have a full 1yr warranty on the new one too. Shouldn't matter that it was a replacement, it should still have a full warranty of its own.
08/26/2011
indiglo indiglo
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
But you should have a full 1yr warranty on the new one too. Shouldn't matter that it was a replacement, it should still have a full warranty of its own.
I didn't realize that, but you're absolutely right! I just registered it on their website, and do indeed have the 1 year warranty on the replacement as well. Thank you so much!
08/27/2011
null null
Quote:
Originally posted by indiglo
I didn't realize that, but you're absolutely right! I just registered it on their website, and do indeed have the 1 year warranty on the replacement as well. Thank you so much!
I didn't realize that either! Just registered my replacement too :3
08/28/2011
Owl Identified Owl Identified
Anyone have any idea if Eden is stocking this "new" version?
08/28/2011
lexical lexical
Quote:
Originally posted by Owl Identified
Anyone have any idea if Eden is stocking this "new" version?
I just bought one a few weeks ago from EF and the clitoral arm is significantly more flexible than the ones we have in stock at work (which haven't been restocked in a while). So, I'm going to hazard a guess that we are indeed carrying the newer ones, even if it's not an official Ina 2.0 However...the arm is still super insistent on resuming its natural position. I just did a review of mine a few days ago, if anyone wants to check out what I had to say about the flexibility of the clitoral portion. It's called Ina Little Conflicted.
08/28/2011
Owl Identified Owl Identified
Quote:
Originally posted by lexical
I just bought one a few weeks ago from EF and the clitoral arm is significantly more flexible than the ones we have in stock at work (which haven't been restocked in a while). So, I'm going to hazard a guess that we are indeed carrying the ... More
Yes! Thank you so much!
08/28/2011
lexical lexical
You're welcome!!
08/28/2011
KaraSutra KaraSutra
Quote:
Originally posted by indiglo
My beloved Ina broke down on me after having her for about 8 months. (The motor in the clit arm stopped working, which I've read has happened to several other members here.) Today I received my replacement Ina from Lelo, as promised per the 1 ... More
So happy to hear that you got a replacement without issue, and that they've improved on the design. I love my Ina and would hate to have a hassle to deal with should mine stop working.
08/29/2011
Glinteye Glinteye
thats great!
10/04/2012
Total posts: 18
Unique posters: 12