OMG Padded Mail Bags Not BOXES!

Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Ok I recently got two packages in the mail and both of them were padded mail soft side bags. I was concerned because well I had always gotten HUGE boxes and then had to figure out how to reuse them or recycle them. Our town doesn't have a recycling program (it's a major issue we are fighting town counsel about) and the boxes began to pile up in the garage.

Anyhow all of my purchases were properly padded, none of the boxes, including Tantus's softer plastic boxes, were crushed. All of my purchases including some glass toys, were intact and looked EXACTLY the same as when I had gotten similar products in those large boxes.

WHAT GIVES??? I mean is this the sort of efficiency we can expect now from EF? I'm not really sure what to say....things be 'a changin'.
06/11/2013
  • Save 60% on 3 item set
  • It's Better Than Real! Buy 1 Dildo Or Anal Toy And Get 1 FRE
  • Save 60% on 3 item set for him

    • Crystal Pussy
    • Beginner silicone p-spot massager
    • Eden vibrating ring
    Save 60% on this 3 item set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 3pm ET Terms

  • Save 60% on 3 item set for her

    • Compact Mini G
    • Single Kegel Ball
    • Waterproof nubby rabbit
    Save 60% when buying in a set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 3pm ET Terms

  • Save 60% on 3 item set for couples

    • Passionate wrists cuffs
    • Luxury fetish passionate eye mask
    • Eden 20 function remote bullet
    Save 60% on this 3 item set

    Expires on Aug, 29 at 8pm ET Terms

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Virgingasms Virgingasms
Phew, I just placed an order and was kind of concerned about the envelopes vs boxes thing. I didn't really get anything breakable, but some lube so there's the risk of it getting punctured but if the envelopes are safe enough for glass I guess they're safe enough for lube. I don't care what the products are shipped in, just as long as they don't get damaged.
06/11/2013
Septimus Septimus
I've heard kind of mixed reviews of this new change.

On the one hand I can see that it cuts down on packaging material in an attempt to save costs and be more "eco-friendly".

On the other hand, I've heard of people getting breakable items that are not at all properly packaged. I remember reading something about someone getting a glass bottle in one of the new soft envelops. That just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

On a personal note, I just got a vibe in one of the new soft envelops, the package looked a little beat up, and the vibe itself doesn't seem to be working. It could just be a coincidence, but I'm more than a little bit skeptical about this change.
06/11/2013
Kitka Kitka
What I've noticed is that if you order enough things so that they're all packaged together and too big for an envelope, they'll mail it in a box. Otherwise, you're stuck with the padded mail bags.

Stormy did say in another thread about this issue that glass and lubes should start arriving in boxes again but I don't know if that's actually going to happen, we'll see I suppose.
06/11/2013
js250 js250
My boxes were pretty damaged...but the dildo still worked! I am a bit worried about the orders I will be making soon with the luxury items and higher end packaging....I store my items in the boxes for easy locating.
06/11/2013
evanescentowl evanescentowl
I'm very worried about the glass dildo I just ordered. :c I'm hoping and praying it gets here safely.
06/11/2013
VeganChick (is Gone) VeganChick (is Gone)
My last three have been in padded envelopes and all the packaging was damaged. I had one order with two glass dildos, a small clitoral vibrator and kegel balls that came in an envelope. The boxes were beat up. I had another order with a Fleshlight, an njoy and a lube, and the boxes were beat up in that one too. I honestly don't know how you can ship anything that is boxed in a bag and have it arrive not damaged. It's going to get pressed on and tossed around, and the pressure is going to damage the boxes.
06/11/2013
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Septimus
I've heard kind of mixed reviews of this new change.

On the one hand I can see that it cuts down on packaging material in an attempt to save costs and be more "eco-friendly".

On the other hand, I've heard of people ... More
People have always gotten broken toys...that's the purpose of the return policy. Also the bags are rated for the items being put in them if your bags are mangled go after the delivery company it's their responsibility...as per UPS's directions to me.

I have had vibes arrive in delicate wads of paper and be stone dead...
06/11/2013
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
My boxes were pretty damaged...but the dildo still worked! I am a bit worried about the orders I will be making soon with the luxury items and higher end packaging....I store my items in the boxes for easy locating.
I got the O2 Max by Tantus and it was shipped in a bag...the thin plastic was undamaged even though the bag looked like hell. I took umbrage with the UPS driver and he made a report. It is their responsibility and they vette packages shipped with them. These bags are supposed to be used and look a bit beat up. I bought the Twisted Pleasure glass toy and it was only wrapped in a single sheet of bubble wrap and the red bag but it was fine and completely undamaged despite being in a mail pouch.
06/11/2013
Dolphin Lady Dolphin Lady
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Ok I recently got two packages in the mail and both of them were padded mail soft side bags. I was concerned because well I had always gotten HUGE boxes and then had to figure out how to reuse them or recycle them. Our town doesn't have a ... More
I prefer the boxes.
06/11/2013
SaucyxGirl SaucyxGirl
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
People have always gotten broken toys...that's the purpose of the return policy. Also the bags are rated for the items being put in them if your bags are mangled go after the delivery company it's their responsibility...as per UPS's ... More
Lol I was just saying that I think yesterday.. Blame the delivery company for the condition of the package, after all that part is their responsibility.
That said, I just placed an order so I'll have to wait and see if I get the box or padded envelopes. Either are fine by me, although a box would be nice as I have some books that need donating and nothing to put them in right now. hmmm
06/11/2013
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Ok I recently got two packages in the mail and both of them were padded mail soft side bags. I was concerned because well I had always gotten HUGE boxes and then had to figure out how to reuse them or recycle them. Our town doesn't have a ... More
We have a good recycling program for boxes - so that's my preference.

There is no way to recycle the padded envelopes - so into the landfill they go.
06/12/2013
surreptitious surreptitious
I just placed a large order with the intent of going down to the States for the day to pick it up, rather than paying over $90 in shipping costs on my $300 order. I cannot take advantage of the return policy without having to drive several hours each way a second time, and as I ordered several CAKE and Crazy Girl liquid products (which I have heard from a couple of people have spilled into the padded bags), if there are issues with my package being beat up and spilling, I'm not going to be driving down to the States again to pick up replacements. Saying "just make a return" isn't really feasible for me. I haven't had any problems with the padded bags thusfar because I've ordered only lingerie, but I'm hoping to get a box this time so that my liquids are safer.
06/12/2013
Septimus Septimus
Quote:
Originally posted by surreptitious
I just placed a large order with the intent of going down to the States for the day to pick it up, rather than paying over $90 in shipping costs on my $300 order. I cannot take advantage of the return policy without having to drive several hours each ... More
Agreed! I understand that eden (like most companies) has a return policy for a reason, but that reason shouldn't be to justify unsafe packaging practices.

I understand that sometimes packages are mishandled and items break, but when you're shipping delicate things you need to take that into account and not just assume that if something goes wrong the consumer will take the responsibility and return the toy.
Not everyone has time/energy/resources to do so. Especially if the item in question is a gift for a time-specific occasion.
06/12/2013
libbyv libbyv
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Ok I recently got two packages in the mail and both of them were padded mail soft side bags. I was concerned because well I had always gotten HUGE boxes and then had to figure out how to reuse them or recycle them. Our town doesn't have a ... More
mine comes in boxes
06/12/2013
Aishiteru Aishiteru
I'm just waiting to see updates on what will be shipped in an envelope or a box. Envelopes are fine for some things like lingerie, but I'd rather nothing that will feel like a toy, can leak, or has nice packaging be shipped in them.
06/12/2013
dancingduo dancingduo
My favorite place to order other items uses boxes. Bags are cheaper...but I reuse boxes...bags I have little use for and they get thrown away. So the "green" option is boxes for me.
06/12/2013
PassionCpl PassionCpl
I just got two orders in. One was a large order that included two of the locking storage cases so that came in a box. BUT we also ordered a Lelo Smart Wand that that came in an envelope and the Lelo box is wrecked. The wand itself is fine but these are nice boxes and really shouldn't be coming in a f*&@ ing envelope.
06/12/2013
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
I just got a bunch of stuff in a box today. I had a glass toy in there 2 silicone vibes and 3 pieces of lingerie in it as well as dona body butter and the essential kit. Lets see what my thigh highs come in.
06/12/2013
kendra30752 kendra30752
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Ok I recently got two packages in the mail and both of them were padded mail soft side bags. I was concerned because well I had always gotten HUGE boxes and then had to figure out how to reuse them or recycle them. Our town doesn't have a ... More
I know!! I was shocked.
06/12/2013
VeganChick (is Gone) VeganChick (is Gone)
I just received another package today that had a glass dildo and it came in a bag. So much for glass and liquids coming in a box...
06/12/2013
Zombirella Zombirella
Quote:
Originally posted by PassionCpl
I just got two orders in. One was a large order that included two of the locking storage cases so that came in a box. BUT we also ordered a Lelo Smart Wand that that came in an envelope and the Lelo box is wrecked. The wand itself is fine but these ... More
I'm sorry to hear that!
I'm glad I got my Lelo wands months ago because I actually use those boxes and would have been upset if they were crushed.
06/12/2013
Lildrummrgurl7 Lildrummrgurl7
Quote:
Originally posted by VeganChick (is Gone)
I just received another package today that had a glass dildo and it came in a bag. So much for glass and liquids coming in a box...
Clearly the issue wasn't "taken care of" as we were told it was back on June 3rd. That's good to know.
06/12/2013
PassionCpl PassionCpl
Quote:
Originally posted by Zombirella
I'm sorry to hear that!
I'm glad I got my Lelo wands months ago because I actually use those boxes and would have been upset if they were crushed.
Thanks Zomb. It gets better - thanks to Double Points, we actually put 3 orders in on the same day and they all shipped separately! Everything could easily have come at the same time in that one box. Not only would we still have a nice & perfect Lelo box now, but EF would have saved on some shipping costs too.
06/12/2013
Zombirella Zombirella
Quote:
Originally posted by PassionCpl
Thanks Zomb. It gets better - thanks to Double Points, we actually put 3 orders in on the same day and they all shipped separately! Everything could easily have come at the same time in that one box. Not only would we still have a nice & perfect ... More
06/12/2013
Basalt Basalt
Quote:
Originally posted by SaucyxGirl
Lol I was just saying that I think yesterday.. Blame the delivery company for the condition of the package, after all that part is their responsibility.
That said, I just placed an order so I'll have to wait and see if I get the box or padded ... More
Sorry, I slightly disagree with what the UPS driver said. My understanding is that it is UPS policy to take care of things appropriately or adequately packaged. If anyone were to try to claim damage for a fragile item being broken in a padded bag, I believe UPS could blame the packaging in the case of some of these items (check their terms of service fine print). Whether they would choose to do that, I don't know--I have found UPS customer service to be pretty good. But they're also not going to eat a bunch of damage claims for improper packaging.
06/12/2013
Lildrummrgurl7 Lildrummrgurl7
Quote:
Originally posted by Zombirella
Perfect.
06/13/2013
mpfm mpfm
Quote:
Originally posted by PassionCpl
Thanks Zomb. It gets better - thanks to Double Points, we actually put 3 orders in on the same day and they all shipped separately! Everything could easily have come at the same time in that one box. Not only would we still have a nice & perfect ... More
Actually, I think separate orders even if purchased on the same day always come separately. I think it has to do with their computerized system. They fulfill each order separately. When I was new I called in one time to see if they would ship two orders together and customer service said that wasn't possible due to their system. It could save some shipping costs if that was changed.
06/13/2013
mpfm mpfm
I was going to wait until my latest package arrived to add my data points, but what the heck I'm here now.

I have received 4 shipments since the change to padded bags. Three of them were undamaged. They included a couple Tantus dildos and various Lelo products. The forth package wasn't so lucky. It was the Lelo smart wand. The Lelo box was damaged in all the corners and had a crease in the middle. That was on both the outer box and the nice Lelo storage box. It's disappointing because I keep the Lelo storage boxes. The toy itself is fine.

My Eleven is supposed to arrive today. I'm thinking it will be in a box due to its weight, but who knows. I'll chime back in when it arrives.
06/13/2013
PassionCpl PassionCpl
Quote:
Originally posted by mpfm
Actually, I think separate orders even if purchased on the same day always come separately. I think it has to do with their computerized system. They fulfill each order separately. When I was new I called in one time to see if they would ship two ... More
You're right, I think they deal with orders by order number rather than where they're going. I agree though, I'd rather see costs cut this way than with shoddy shipping packages.
06/13/2013
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 54
Unique posters: 38