Best way to spend a blackout?

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

Best way to spend a blackout?

carenautilus carenautilus
We recently had a couple blackouts here in Calfornia, and my reaction can best be summarized as, "OMG no Internet what am I going to dooooo?!"

Er, yes.

But my partner and I ended up teaching each other card games and then snuggling in bed and reading to each other. It was kind of awesome. SO, what do you all think is the best way to spend a blackout?
09/23/2011
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
WierdAl WierdAl
Quote:
Originally posted by carenautilus
We recently had a couple blackouts here in Calfornia, and my reaction can best be summarized as, "OMG no Internet what am I going to dooooo?!"

Er, yes.

But my partner and I ended up teaching each other card games and then ...
Peaceful sleep, great sex (depending on how hot and humid it is), exercise, snuggling and talking without the ditractions.
09/23/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Reading, going for a walk (depending on the weather/reason for the blackout), making food that doesn't require electricity to cook.
09/23/2011
Beck Beck
We have had no power at the house 4 times in the last year. Really gets on our nerves when it happens. The one time it went out for 4 days! That was crazy. Our thought too was no internet, no TV, no nothing. Not even a hot shower. We spent the time playing broad games and sleeping to pass time. I hate when there is no power.
09/23/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
I was on a business trip - but my wife, 19 yr old son and 20 yr old daughter. The three of them played board games - when my son asked his mom to teach him a drinking game. She doesn't drink much and worked her way through college - so she didn't know any drinking games.

So they made one up where anytime someone rolled a 1 or 6, they had to take a drink. Between the three of them they drank 1 beer!

Kind of amusing - but I'm glad that they don't really like alcohol, it'll save them a lot of trouble in the future - heck it's already saved me a ton of trouble!
09/23/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
I got pregnant during a 3 day power outage once.
09/23/2011
Ash1141 Ash1141
Sleeping...board games...sex
09/23/2011
Ghost Ghost
I just play with my pets, read, do homework, or enjoy the weather (whatever it is.. I can enjoy any weather).
09/24/2011
kadytheredpanda kadytheredpanda
Read, or sleep. Maybe write something.
09/24/2011
carenautilus carenautilus
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
I was on a business trip - but my wife, 19 yr old son and 20 yr old daughter. The three of them played board games - when my son asked his mom to teach him a drinking game. She doesn't drink much and worked her way through college - so she ...
*giggling* That's an awesome story!
09/24/2011
carenautilus carenautilus
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I got pregnant during a 3 day power outage once.
You used your time well! *wink*
09/24/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by carenautilus
*giggling* That's an awesome story!
Thanks - a definite LOL moment.
09/24/2011
KrazyKandy KrazyKandy
Life with no internet would kill my income so I would pack my bags and visit the closest area with power.
09/25/2011
married with children married with children
we do not have many power outages. When we do, its the middle of winter and we are having a storm. So we stay home and wait it out, if they fix the power in a timely manner. If its off for more then 1/2 a day or so, we will go out and do something.
09/26/2011
Kkay Kkay
Last time we had a big one, my partner and I packed a picnic lunch and went to the park.
09/26/2011
Valentinka Valentinka
During the last blackout we ended up having awesome sex, one of the best ever, actually Funny thing is - the lights were back right on time
09/26/2011
zeebot zeebot
Reading and knitting!
09/26/2011
carenautilus carenautilus
Quote:
Originally posted by zeebot
Reading and knitting!
A fellow knitter! Yay!
09/26/2011
indiglo indiglo
Reading, playing games, walking the dog, buying take out, SEX... all that stuff is fun.
09/26/2011
Theaadrian Theaadrian
Quote:
Originally posted by carenautilus
A fellow knitter! Yay!
Another fellow knitter here! LOVE IT!
11/18/2011
Love Perpetua Love Perpetua
Mm, light some candles, drink some wine, and have a romantic night.
11/18/2011
T&A1987 T&A1987
I've had two blackouts in the past three months (all part of being in the worst state). Wake up, read, if the bus is running, go somewhere, come back, read until it gets dark, use the flashlight to read and hope the power comes back on.
11/18/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by T&A1987
I've had two blackouts in the past three months (all part of being in the worst state). Wake up, read, if the bus is running, go somewhere, come back, read until it gets dark, use the flashlight to read and hope the power comes back on.
And the worst state is?
11/18/2011
Total posts: 23
Unique posters: 18