Originally posted by
I was wondering if someone with some experience could enlighten me on anal play. Any info would be great from toys to learning how to start. Any info or experience would be great. Also who enjoys anal in you relationship? Thank You.
My partner and I mutually agreed we wanted to try anal sex which lead to a great first experience. These are what I consider the most important tips:
1. Get warmed up and orgasm before you start anal play. This will relax your body and your anal sphincters.
2. Use lots of lubrication and don't be afraid to ask for more. I like to rub a small amount of silicone lube around the opening and up to about two inches inside. This helps prevent the water-based lube from being absorbed into the skin and drying up.
3. Start with a finger or small toy. If your partner is using these toys or their fingers, say what feels good and what doesn't- nobody likes the guessing game. To familiarize yourself with the feeling and relax your sphincter muscles, insert a small toy and let it stay there for awhile.
4. Take your time. Let this be a gradual building up experience rather than a race to a finish.
5. Shit happens. Excluding irregular digestive issues, as long as you have a bowel movement sometime before sex, there is very little risk of any excrement interrupting your love life. However, if it does, wipe it off, laugh a bit, then move on and continue enjoying yourself. Don't use anal douches as they can be damaging and painful. If you aren't convinced, squirt a small amount of distilled water into your rectum and expel it. This will wash away any debris.
I still have anal sex with my partner on a regular basis and we both really enjoy it. As long as you are warmed up, go slow, and communicate with your parter, anal sex should never be painful. Like any sex act though, this should be pleasurable for everyone involved, not just the giver. For additional information, here is a relatively comprehensive video on anal sex