Size warning about the new Leg Avenue burlesque pieces

surreptitious surreptitious
I just picked up an order with 8 pieces from the new line, and not a single one stretches comfortably to fall within the size range at the hips. I purchased everything in Large or Medium/Large, which should accommodate up to 40" hips. The pieces stretch comfortably between 34" (though the bra is HUGE around, with a band that sits at 34" before stretching) and 38". Most pieces stretch comfortably to between 34" and 36" at the hip. Since these do not fit me and EF doesn't carry larger sizes for me to make an exchange, I can't review them, but I wanted to make sure that it was known that they run quite small.
06/27/2013
  • Weekly Special; Buy 1 Vibe, get 1 FREE
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
Thanks for the heads up!
06/27/2013
surreptitious surreptitious
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Thanks for the heads up!
I just want to make sure that people are ordering up a size or two. =)
06/27/2013
shorejen9 shorejen9
Thanks for the info!
06/27/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by surreptitious
I just want to make sure that people are ordering up a size or two. =)
It's so hard to tell these days. It seems like everyone operates on a different measuring tape. There should be some sort of regulation in place where all measuring tapes and rulers are made in one place and there can't be any knock-offs. Can't tell you the number of times I've picked up a fabric measuring tape only to see that it's anywhere from 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch off.
06/27/2013
surreptitious surreptitious
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
It's so hard to tell these days. It seems like everyone operates on a different measuring tape. There should be some sort of regulation in place where all measuring tapes and rulers are made in one place and there can't be any knock-offs. ... More
I seriously wish that there was some sort of regulatory committee for things like lingerie. Ordering online would be SO much easier. I mean, I guess the same goes for all clothing - I range from an 8 all the way up to a 12 depending on the company (or even the specific item within the same company!), and that makes it pretty tricky to pick up a pair of jeans online. Standardizing measuring tapes would for sure be a great place to start!

@shorejen9 - if you (or anyone else) have any questions about a specific piece, I picked up the Burlesque keyhole teddy, Burlesque tantalize set, Burlesque wet look garter dress, Burlesque deep-V teddy, Burlesque darling set, Burlesque lace heart panty, Sheer panty with rhumba ruffle and Burlesque panty with bow. I know, I know, I should probably have gone with one first to test the fit, but I was driving down to the States to pick them up and I thought I should do it all in one trip.
06/27/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by surreptitious
I seriously wish that there was some sort of regulatory committee for things like lingerie. Ordering online would be SO much easier. I mean, I guess the same goes for all clothing - I range from an 8 all the way up to a 12 depending on the company ... More
That is just terrible! All that arranging for travel and you can't even use any of them? I don't suppose you can return them for other stuff of a comparable price?

I know the shipping is prohibitively expensive to Canada. I cannot believe it was cheaper to pay gas and drive to the States and pick up a package than to ship it directly to you in CA!

I am sure people will appreciate you specifying the exact measurements of what you got vs. the size chart! Too bad you can't somehow do a review just mentioning the erroneous measurements.
06/27/2013
surreptitious surreptitious
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
That is just terrible! All that arranging for travel and you can't even use any of them? I don't suppose you can return them for other stuff of a comparable price?

I know the shipping is prohibitively expensive to Canada. I cannot ... More
I emailed Ilya, because unfortunately I have assignments on these pieces, and I'm not sure what to do - we'll see what happens!
06/27/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by surreptitious
I emailed Ilya, because unfortunately I have assignments on these pieces, and I'm not sure what to do - we'll see what happens!
Please, let us know! What a shame you got all that stuff and now can't use it & might be stuck with it!
06/27/2013
surreptitious surreptitious
Ilya was super helpful with replacing the things that I had received broken (one was frayed along the top of the cup and one was missing a clasp - I was going to come back and post once I had actually received them, but as I've recently lost some weight, I was trying on a few things and I noticed something that in my disappointment, I hadn't checked well enough when I got the pieces. I received the wrong sizes on two of the panties (I definitely remember having checked all of the packaging and didn't find any size discrepancies there, so I think that there was either some kind of mix up or there wasn't a sticker on these packages and I was in such a huge rush to try them on that I didn't notice). Since these were two of the pieces that ran super small at 34", I wanted to come back and mention that I'm a twit for not checking the tag inside the panties.

I don't know yet whether I'll try to do anything about this as I feel like I've already bothered Ilya enough about the broken pieces, but I wanted to say that the size L for the Lace Heart panty and the Panty with Rhumba Ruffle will likely run a touch bigger than 34".
07/17/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by surreptitious
Ilya was super helpful with replacing the things that I had received broken (one was frayed along the top of the cup and one was missing a clasp - I was going to come back and post once I had actually received them, but as I've recently lost some ... More
It's great that they are being helpful to work with! I am also glad that you are continuing to update the thread. You never know who else is benefiting, or will in the future, from this info.

Congrats on your weight loss, (assuming you wanted to lose in the first place/ or are happy with it)!
07/17/2013
Pete's Princess Pete's Princess
I got the Burlesque Garter Dress. I have 38" hips and did not have a problem with this fitting. Thanks for sharing about the sizing for the rest of the pieces in the collection.
07/17/2013
kendra30752 kendra30752
Quote:
Originally posted by surreptitious
I just want to make sure that people are ordering up a size or two. =)
Lol. I don't think you have to worry about anyone doing that...

Your info is helpful though! Thank you. I love the heart panty and the wetlook garter sooo much! I checked that one out & found free shipping & have been kicking myself for not getting it already!
07/18/2013
surreptitious surreptitious
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete's Princess
I got the Burlesque Garter Dress. I have 38" hips and did not have a problem with this fitting. Thanks for sharing about the sizing for the rest of the pieces in the collection.
I just got that today, and it actually fit perfectly (except for the cups which were mega tiny, of course, but I expected that), however it unfortunately had two holes in it. It's a gorgeous piece, though, and it's such a shame!
07/19/2013
Total posts: 14
Unique posters: 6