Wish they showed more pictures of what the plus size outfits

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Wish they showed more pictures of what the plus size outfits

Trista Trista
look like on plus size women. I click on the plus size and it brings up pictures of small girls wearing the outfits that are offered in plus size but every plus size women knows that what something looks like on a small women is completely different then what the same outfit would look like on a bigger women
10/07/2011
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
SaMiKaY SaMiKaY
Quote:
Originally posted by Trista
look like on plus size women. I click on the plus size and it brings up pictures of small girls wearing the outfits that are offered in plus size but every plus size women knows that what something looks like on a small women is completely different ...
I completely agree!!!

90% of the time I don't purchase something I want because I don't know how it will look on a plus woman. I even volunteered to model the lingerie for Coquette (Here) But knew they would probably just laugh when they read it lol.

It is also a little offensive to me when there "plus" models are skinny women with big breasts.
10/08/2011
Kkay Kkay
Yeah, it's part of what keeps me from being really interested in it.
10/08/2011
Trista Trista
Quote:
Originally posted by SaMiKaY
I completely agree!!!

90% of the time I don't purchase something I want because I don't know how it will look on a plus woman. I even volunteered to model the lingerie for Coquette (Here) But knew they would probably just laugh when ...
The same thing offends me. A plus size women is someone with a full figure, extra curve...not a skinny chick with big probably fake titties
10/08/2011
Ghost Ghost
We all know they use those models because they sell product. Actual plus size models are very niche, and probably would not sell as much stock on a "general" website like this. Just shop for your lingerie elsewhere if you want to see more accurate models and sizing. ;3

However, even the "real" plus sized models are still held to an "ideal". Can you think of any/many mainstream plus size models who are less than 6 feet tall and are apple-shaped rather than pear-shaped? I can't. They have to conform to what an "ideal" plus size woman should be: tall, amazonesque, and with a very specific chest-to-waist-to-hip ratio.

It's marketing. You live in a capitalist society. It won't change for us. Get used to it!
10/08/2011
JessCee JessCee
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghost
We all know they use those models because they sell product. Actual plus size models are very niche, and probably would not sell as much stock on a "general" website like this. Just shop for your lingerie elsewhere if you want to see more ...
I hate that I have to agree with you... but unfortunately I believe this is very true.
10/08/2011
Ghost Ghost
Quote:
Originally posted by JessCee
I hate that I have to agree with you... but unfortunately I believe this is very true.
I hate it, too. I am plus sized, myself. But I learned long ago that (most) companies are not making clothes for ME, they are making clothes for an idealized version of what I should be. So, I stopped buying clothes at most mainstream stores that did not make "thoughtfully designed" plus-size clothing. I get most of my (fancy) clothes handmade, or I have it altered.
10/08/2011
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 5