Eden Flicks/Eden Kink Discussion: Secretary. January 17 at 8 PM EDT

BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Yes, you read that right! Eden Flicks and Eden Kink are collaborating to present you with discussion on the movie Secretary, which you can stream here. (the first "stagevu" link works for the movie)

When Rayne approached me about this, I was really excited. The goal of discussing this is to discuss how and why people begin sadomasochistic relationships, and how it grows and intensifies. Another goal is to discuss some of the myths and realities that are involved in SM relationships.

We look forward to seeing you here for the discussion!

Because of the holidays, we're not doing a screening this month...

Also, keep in mind that this movie, while not pornographic, is explicit. Please be aware of that when you decide to watch the movie.


Trigger Warning: Some acts depicted in this film come across as nonconsensual. One of the goals in discussing this movie is to approach that topic. However, if that is something that would trigger you, perhaps joining the discussion before watching the movie would be advisable.
Add event to your calendar:
12/28/2011
  • Weekly Special; Buy 1 Vibe, get 1 FREE
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
bump
12/28/2011
lexical lexical
Oh, I positively adore this movie. I just watched it again recently! I hope I remember to make it to the meeting this time...
12/29/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Hi. Be excited for this. This is going to be awesome.
12/29/2011
November November
Hi BBW,

I had trouble using this link. Is there any other way to stream this video for free?
12/30/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by November
Hi BBW,

I had trouble using this link. Is there any other way to stream this video for free?
That's the only link I know of. You can try going straight to Stagevu.com and seeing if they have the link on their own server.

What browser do you use? I use Firefox and I can get it in IE too.
12/30/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Watched this last night and I have to add another trigger warning:

If you have a history of cutting, please be warned that there is some depiction of this in the movie.
12/30/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
I have so many thoughts on this movie. Looking forward to the discussion!
12/30/2011
winterseve winterseve
Watched this a few years ago. Watching again for notes to discuss. I liked it the first time from what I remember.
12/30/2011
November November
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
That's the only link I know of. You can try going straight to Stagevu.com and seeing if they have the link on their own server.

What browser do you use? I use Firefox and I can get it in IE too.
I used IE. It seems like when I go this website it wants me to download programs that comes with a warning from Microsoft. When I went directly to stagevu.com I got another warning from Microsoft saying that it had been reported to them as an unsafe website. Did you have any problems like these when you first went to the website?
12/30/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by November
I used IE. It seems like when I go this website it wants me to download programs that comes with a warning from Microsoft. When I went directly to stagevu.com I got another warning from Microsoft saying that it had been reported to them as an ... More
I downloaded the DivX plugin that was cleared through my Norton antivirus as safe. If you have the disc option with Netflix, it is available to rent on disc. You can also check with your local video store.

I've never had any virus issues with StageVu or TubePlus...
12/30/2011
winterseve winterseve
It's amazing what a tiny bit of perspective can make when I watch this over again.
12/30/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by winterseve
It's amazing what a tiny bit of perspective can make when I watch this over again.
It's to be an interesting conversation, to say the least.
12/31/2011
November November
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I downloaded the DivX plugin that was cleared through my Norton antivirus as safe. If you have the disc option with Netflix, it is available to rent on disc. You can also check with your local video store.

I've never had any virus issues ... More
I have Netflix. I'll just rent it from them. Thank you.
12/31/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Bump!
01/01/2012
AndroAngel AndroAngel
I'm hesitant to watch it, to be honest. I suppose I will, though, because I'd like to form an opinion positive or negative on it to add to the discussion.
01/01/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
I'm hesitant to watch it, to be honest. I suppose I will, though, because I'd like to form an opinion positive or negative on it to add to the discussion.
It's blatant and obvious, but it's not graphic, if that makes sense.

For instance, you see her hurt herself (in reference to the cutting), but you don't see her graphically draw blood.

I will admit that there were some parts that were a little difficult to watch, but nothing that made me want to stop watching.

survivor-------------- -------------->
01/01/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
bump again
01/02/2012
Taylor Taylor
I love that movie! I hope I can make it to the discussion. Even if I don't though I'll definitely watch it again sometime soon.
01/02/2012
lexical lexical
This will be a wonderful film to discuss Thanks, BBW!
01/02/2012
Rayne Millaray Rayne Millaray
I'm going to have to watch this movie again before we meet. I've forgotten some of it! This is going to be awesome, though!
01/03/2012
namelesschaos namelesschaos
I love that movie, I'll try to make it to the meeting.
01/03/2012
Rayne Millaray Rayne Millaray
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
It's blatant and obvious, but it's not graphic, if that makes sense.

For instance, you see her hurt herself (in reference to the cutting), but you don't see her graphically draw blood.

I will admit that there were some ... More
If it helps any, there is a purpose to them pointing out that she's a cutter. But we can talk more about that at the meeting!

Ah, suspense! Now you HAVE to attend!
01/03/2012
Claire de Cerises Claire de Cerises
I'll try to find time to watch this. I love discussing movies and this one seems intriguing.
01/03/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Glad to see the interest!
01/04/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
bump!
01/06/2012
November November
I just watched this last night. The first time I saw it was a few years ago. I understand it better this time. I still have a few questions though, so I'm really looking forward to the meeting!
01/07/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by November
I just watched this last night. The first time I saw it was a few years ago. I understand it better this time. I still have a few questions though, so I'm really looking forward to the meeting!
Me too! Can't wait!
01/08/2012
Miss Morphine Miss Morphine
I can't wait for this discussion.
01/08/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
bump
01/09/2012
Total posts: 385
Unique posters: 26