Eden Flicks/Eden Kink Discussion: Secretary. January 17 at 8 PM EDT

  • Christmas shipping schedule

Eden Flicks/Eden Kink Discussion: Secretary. January 17 at 8 PM EDT

Serenesub Serenesub
I think essentially what most of us are getting at is the reality of it. Not all of it of course and not for everybody. But the way the relationship grows.. progresses seems to be reality for a lot of us. We test boundaries, we push, we care, we fight for each other and we learn how to submit and dominate. Of course I could be totally off the mark
01/17/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
I had mixed feelings about the movie.

What I liked about it, it's very realistic in that a relationship of that nature developed slowly and naturally for them. They did a great job in showing it honestly. I liked that they showed just how far someone is willing to go for someone they love and they didn't "make it pretty" to lessen the reality.
01/17/2012
November November
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
I'm here a bit late, but I see that I fortunately didn't miss much. I didn't get to watch the movie fully, but at the beginning the female lead is in a mental health establishment, correct?
Right.
01/17/2012
Serenesub Serenesub
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I had mixed feelings about the movie.

What I liked about it, it's very realistic in that a relationship of that nature developed slowly and naturally for them. They did a great job in showing it honestly. I liked that they showed just how ...
"..and they didn't "make it pretty" to lessen the reality. "

I love that. It's very true.
01/17/2012
Sapphire Pet Sapphire Pet
Quote:
Originally posted by Tori Rebel
I just love seeing the progression of the dynamic. While it would be different for any relationship, seeing Lee test the boundaries, and seeing him not only learn how to control her but control himself as a dominant is fascinating. I love the ...
Very Well Said! As a "Pet" I show this movie to people who are curious about my "kinks" because it shows that devotion and the learning process of both parties a long with the inner torture to accept and embrace and understand that its not always "wrong".
01/17/2012
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Quote:
Originally posted by Rayne Millaray
I know exactly what you mean. I can see bits of myself in Lee. I'm always kicking at the fence, looking for weakness. Lol.
I know exactly what you mean. I watch Mr. Grey and see the little imperfections and occasional questionings of his own that any dominant personality has, but tries so hard not to show. That point when you know you have someone else essentially in your hands entirely and know you need to manage the situation and push your slave or sub to their limit but cannot go past it because it could destroy the trust and the bond.
01/17/2012
AndroAngel AndroAngel
Quote:
Originally posted by November
Right.
Why was she in there? Is it explained in the movie?

It struck me kinda triggery and I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to continue.
01/17/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
I'm here a bit late, but I see that I fortunately didn't miss much. I didn't get to watch the movie fully, but at the beginning the female lead is in a mental health establishment, correct?
Yes, she's a cutter and she gets out of the facility on the day of her sister's wedding

(Made me think of Rachel Getting Married a bit in that)
01/17/2012
biancajames biancajames
Hello errybody, sorry I'm late
01/17/2012
biancajames biancajames
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
Why was she in there? Is it explained in the movie?

It struck me kinda triggery and I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to continue.
It wasn't in the original Mary Gaitskill story...I don't think?
01/17/2012
Rayne Millaray Rayne Millaray
Quote:
Originally posted by Sapphire Pet
Very Well Said! As a "Pet" I show this movie to people who are curious about my "kinks" because it shows that devotion and the learning process of both parties a long with the inner torture to accept and embrace and understand ...
You guys are right on the mark with this. One of the best parts is the learning. About yourself, your partner, how you work together and relate to each other.
01/17/2012
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
Why was she in there? Is it explained in the movie?

It struck me kinda triggery and I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to continue.
She's in the institution in the beginning because she's a cutter. It is well explained in the movie but should of course be a trigger for anyone near that situation.
01/17/2012
biancajames biancajames
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
Use F5 in chrome and IE
what about on a mac?
01/17/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
Why was she in there? Is it explained in the movie?

It struck me kinda triggery and I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to continue.
She's a cutter, because her father is an abusive alcoholic.
01/17/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by biancajames
what about on a mac?
apple+r!

Anyway, hi everybody, unloading the dishwasher and swappign out laundry and then I'll be back!
01/17/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by biancajames
what about on a mac?
Don't recall what it is on a MAC, sorry.
01/17/2012
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by biancajames
what about on a mac?
I think apple r
01/17/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by biancajames
Hello errybody, sorry I'm late
WELCOME! Don't be sorry! We're glad you're here!
01/17/2012
winterseve winterseve
Hello antipova and biancajames
01/17/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
apple+r!

Anyway, hi everybody, unloading the dishwasher and swappign out laundry and then I'll be back!
Hey, lovely!
01/17/2012
Rayne Millaray Rayne Millaray
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Yes, she's a cutter and she gets out of the facility on the day of her sister's wedding

(Made me think of Rachel Getting Married a bit in that)
Yeah, this. Part of the reason, I think, for including this is to exhibit the lengths a masochist will sometimes go to scratch that itch. I know I've gone to extremes to scratch mine.
01/17/2012
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
Honestly just from seeing previews of this movie, I thought it was closer to porn. Your thoughts make me want to sit down and really watch it. Sounds very interesting.
It's really NOT porn. There are definitely parts that could be arousing, especially to those interested in BDSM (I LOVE LOVE LOVE the montage set to "I'm your man" by Leonard Cohen and Lee crawling down the hall - I adore that level of obedience) but there is no graphic sex in the movie. There are 2 sex scenes and I believe 2 masturbation scenes but you don't 'see' anything. There is some female nudity in the end but it's actually very tender and romantic.
01/17/2012
Jul!a Jul!a
Also, I am officially here, but due to the fact that I'm not terribly kinky and haven't seen the movie, I'll mostly be lurking.
01/17/2012
AndroAngel AndroAngel
Ah, I wasn't aware they institutionalized for cutting, but it makes sense, I suppose. I guess I'll sit back and listen to the discussion then watch the movie next chance I get if it isn't likely to trigger me.
01/17/2012
biancajames biancajames
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I think apple r
thanks! By the way has anyone else read the short story it's based on?
01/17/2012
Serenesub Serenesub
Quote:
Originally posted by Rayne Millaray
Yeah, this. Part of the reason, I think, for including this is to exhibit the lengths a masochist will sometimes go to scratch that itch. I know I've gone to extremes to scratch mine.
Agreed I myself was a fan of piercings. Loved the feeling. It made me happy. Wasn't for a year or so later that I realized why.
01/17/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Also, I am officially here, but due to the fact that I'm not terribly kinky and haven't seen the movie, I'll mostly be lurking.
Same here.., although I am trying to stay active in the convo.
01/17/2012
Rayne Millaray Rayne Millaray
Quote:
Originally posted by biancajames
thanks! By the way has anyone else read the short story it's based on?
I keep meaning to pick it up, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Have you read it?
01/17/2012
winterseve winterseve
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Also, I am officially here, but due to the fact that I'm not terribly kinky and haven't seen the movie, I'll mostly be lurking.
I highly suggest you see it asap. The first time I saw it and before I was into BDSM I was like "okay, that was good". Then after I started getting into BDSM I was like "damn, that was hot and so sweet". I LOVE this movie.
01/17/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by AndroAngel
Ah, I wasn't aware they institutionalized for cutting, but it makes sense, I suppose. I guess I'll sit back and listen to the discussion then watch the movie next chance I get if it isn't likely to trigger me.
I was wondering if there was something else wrong, I didn't think they put you in mental institutions for just that.
01/17/2012
Total posts: 385
Unique posters: 26