#Workshop - Nov. 30th @7pm: "Writer's block" and "Follow-ups - any gravy left in that toy?"

  • Christmas shipping schedule

#Workshop - Nov. 30th @7pm: "Writer's block" and "Follow-ups - any gravy left in that toy?"

wrmbreze wrmbreze
I did 2 video reviews yesterday, they weren't as hard but I wonder what all should be included in those.
11/30/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
You must contact Carrie Ann and get permission to do video reviews and they can usually only be on products that don't have a video review on them already.
You can do a video review on anything. You only need to contact Carrie Ann if you want to be paid for it.
11/30/2011
Brusselsbrat Brusselsbrat
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Not exactly. The two reviews thing for students only count for written reviews...for now.
Aww, I guess Ill have to write my First 2! Then after that can I Video Review??
11/30/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Don't forget to read the Video Review Guidelines and understand them before you put up your review.
11/30/2011
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
I did 2 video reviews yesterday, they weren't as hard but I wonder what all should be included in those.
There is a video guideline to read on the community page or in your dashboard under the FAQ.
11/30/2011
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Don't forget to read the Video Review Guidelines and understand them before you put up your review.
I didn't know there were guidelines and I already posted them.
11/30/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
You must contact Carrie Ann and get permission to do video reviews and they can usually only be on products that don't have a video review on them already.
although you can always do a video review, carrie ann will give you permission to do vid reviews for $25 gift cards, if they've not already had a video review, and are not discontinued.
11/30/2011
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
You can do a video review on anything. You only need to contact Carrie Ann if you want to be paid for it.
But if you do a video review and she has another one lined up - doesn't it mess things up for her?

I did a video review and was about to submit it and noticed someone else had posted a video review. I contacted her and asked her what to do - she told me to submit mine.

The other one wound up getting pulled.

So that is why I figured you had to contact her.
11/30/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
I did 2 video reviews yesterday, they weren't as hard but I wonder what all should be included in those.
I think ideally a video review should highlight features that a written review may not convey as well. For example, softness or flexibility of a particular toy. It shouldn't be a complete regurgitation of all information in a written review.
11/30/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Yeah, I'm the guy who goes through and renames/retags the videos. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask first.
11/30/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Don't forget to read the Video Review Guidelines and understand them before you put up your review.
exactly! i think that will answer wrmbreeze's question.
11/30/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
I didn't know there were guidelines and I already posted them.
no sweat kid! not to worry.
11/30/2011
Willow Wand Willow Wand
Hi all, coming in latge, sorry. Slap me (no really, DO IT!)
11/30/2011
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
I didn't know there were guidelines and I already posted them.
Sorry I meant DVD reviews , not video review..OOPS
11/30/2011
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Yeah, I'm the guy who goes through and renames/retags the videos. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask first.
Thanks for fixing mine!
11/30/2011
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
An important note from the guidelines:

A video review can only be done if you've written up a text review on the product. Your video review will be attached to the written text review that you wrote
11/30/2011
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Willow Wand
Hi all, coming in latge, sorry. Slap me (no really, DO IT!)
Haha hello!
11/30/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I think ideally a video review should highlight features that a written review may not convey as well. For example, softness or flexibility of a particular toy. It shouldn't be a complete regurgitation of all information in a written review.
exactly! make it fun. and it doesnt have to include all or even most of the details of the main review, just highlight some of the features, pros and cons.
11/30/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
Thanks for fixing mine!
No prob!
11/30/2011
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I think ideally a video review should highlight features that a written review may not convey as well. For example, softness or flexibility of a particular toy. It shouldn't be a complete regurgitation of all information in a written review.
If its about a vibrator - you darn well better turn the thing on and let us listen to the various speeds.

If I watch one more vibrator review where I can't hear the thing - I'm gonna scream!
11/30/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
An important note from the guidelines:

A video review can only be done if you've written up a text review on the product. Your video review will be attached to the written text review that you wrote
actually i think you can upload vid reviews via edentube without writing a review first.

link
11/30/2011
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
exactly! make it fun. and it doesnt have to include all or even most of the details of the main review, just highlight some of the features, pros and cons.
I have to work on shorting mine!
11/30/2011
unfulfilled unfulfilled
I'm coming in late as well, but I'm trying to read what all has been said.
11/30/2011
Willow Wand Willow Wand
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
Haha hello!
Hi there! Did you order those knock of babys? I want to get like 40 of them and use them as giveaways, lol
11/30/2011
Rarity Rarity
Oops! I may have gotten caught up in other parts of the forum, but I'm here!
11/30/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
If its about a vibrator - you darn well better turn the thing on and let us listen to the various speeds.

If I watch one more vibrator review where I can't hear the thing - I'm gonna scream!
Yeah, but DON'T vibrate it off the mic! That's LOUD!
11/30/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
If its about a vibrator - you darn well better turn the thing on and let us listen to the various speeds.

If I watch one more vibrator review where I can't hear the thing - I'm gonna scream!
Ugh, I know!! I avoid certain contributors videos after watching a few of theirs and them not showing that, or other key information. Its like they do it just to get their gc. It makes me crazy.
11/30/2011
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Willow Wand
Hi there! Did you order those knock of babys? I want to get like 40 of them and use them as giveaways, lol
Not yet, have to wait for the old man to come home before purchasing them. He has the card, but I want to.
11/30/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
But if you do a video review and she has another one lined up - doesn't it mess things up for her?

I did a video review and was about to submit it and noticed someone else had posted a video review. I contacted her and asked her what to ...
I don't know the details, but you can do a video review and attach it to your own review, even if there is already a video review. You just won't get a GC for it.
11/30/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Oh! Looks like I have to jet a little earlier than expected. Have a great night everybody!
11/30/2011
Total posts: 573
Unique posters: 28