How many are left that remember the days of "EF community"?

Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by wrecklesswords
Essentially, the amount of points we get for things are the same except the took out the searches, the comparison, the add-to-wish-list points. And of course the amount we can use toward purchases.

But nothing else has changed. The forums ... More
Precisely. Very well said.
Jan 15, 11:02 am
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by wrecklesswords
oh my god awesome!! hahaha

You summed up what I posted RIGHT below you with this.

Also, that is my favorite book of all time.
I admit I stole this from my FB feed, but it seemed perfect.
Jan 15, 11:03 am
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I admit I stole this from my FB feed, but it seemed perfect.
I've seen it floating around facebook QUITE often the last week.
Jan 15, 11:06 am
SaucyxGirl SaucyxGirl
EF is one of the few sites that I consistently recommend to people. My orders are always filled correctly and shipped/received in a timely manner. I have never had issue with actual shop section of the site, the forum on the other hand. I saw lots of bullying, bashing and general immaturity that it forced me to rethink visiting here.

It may not be as active as before, but it is far less cliquish and volatile.
Jan 16, 4:36 pm
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by SaucyxGirl
EF is one of the few sites that I consistently recommend to people. My orders are always filled correctly and shipped/received in a timely manner. I have never had issue with actual shop section of the site, the forum on the other hand. I saw lots of ... More
This is very true.

I still never saw a lot of that bashing, except bashing on the trolls, but I must not have been looking in the right place. I always avoided threads with a ton of replies.
Jan 16, 5:45 pm
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by wrecklesswords
This is very true.

I still never saw a lot of that bashing, except bashing on the trolls, but I must not have been looking in the right place. I always avoided threads with a ton of replies.
Oh it was miserable...absolutely hostile. The definition of troll was completely blown out of the water...what they called trolls were just newbies trying to learn the ropes. They were pushed off tje site by all the snark and the "better do it this way" mentality. So much so that actual directives from admins were ignored in favor of what the top reviewers demanded. I don't miss it one single bit.
Jan 16, 6:02 pm
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Oh it was miserable...absolutely hostile. The definition of troll was completely blown out of the water...what they called trolls were just newbies trying to learn the ropes. They were pushed off tje site by all the snark and the "better do it ... More
Wow, I'm glad I never got into those bigger threads and whatnot. Ugh. What a much better environment we're starting with.
Jan 16, 8:56 pm
edeneve edeneve
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Oh it was miserable...absolutely hostile. The definition of troll was completely blown out of the water...what they called trolls were just newbies trying to learn the ropes. They were pushed off tje site by all the snark and the "better do it ... More
I didn't see any bashing or snarky comments till June & after. and yes, then it was awful what some people were saying. but I remember the ill mannered commenting to be between some established members.
Jan 17, 6:03 am
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by edeneve
I didn't see any bashing or snarky comments till June & after. and yes, then it was awful what some people were saying. but I remember the ill mannered commenting to be between some established members.
You guys only saw bits and pieces, as an admin I saw it all. 2012 was a brutal year in the community.
Jan 17, 8:10 am
edeneve edeneve
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
You guys only saw bits and pieces, as an admin I saw it all. 2012 was a brutal year in the community.
2012? I thought you had been talking about 2013 throughout this discussion.
Jan 17, 11:17 am
charmedtomeetyou charmedtomeetyou
Quote:
Originally posted by edeneve
2012? I thought you had been talking about 2013 throughout this discussion.
2012 was the blow out about censorship and such....lots of people were lost during that battle....and they did not go quietly.
Jan 17, 11:45 am
edeneve edeneve
Quote:
Originally posted by charmedtomeetyou
2012 was the blow out about censorship and such....lots of people were lost during that battle....and they did not go quietly.
I see. I didn't join till mid 2012 & it took awhile to even know much about EF. I never was aware of the 2012 melee. I don't understand why some people are compelled to be mean spirited. such a waste of energy.
Jan 17, 12:18 pm
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by edeneve
2012? I thought you had been talking about 2013 throughout this discussion.
We totally expected mass exodus after the 2013 change, but 2012 was a banner year for snark and entitlement. (I've been here since 2010. I remember how gruff and mean people were to me when I first joined. But I stuck it out.)
Jan 17, 5:05 pm
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
We totally expected mass exodus after the 2013 change, but 2012 was a banner year for snark and entitlement. (I've been here since 2010. I remember how gruff and mean people were to me when I first joined. But I stuck it out.)
Now I understand why I didn't see the severity of the "snark & entitlement" and didn't understand the comments about it being so hostile...because I wasn't here yet! I joined just a year ago this month and it was just at the tail end of a big blowup over censorship. I saw a thread where some members were, frankly, out of line while responding/questioning a mere comment from Gary (former admin and big shot nice guy!) And it went on and on with them stirring the pot, too. But I didn't see those rabble-rousers on the forum in any new posts and finally found out they were banned. That must have been the last of the major troublemakers because I never saw horrible problems after that with people bullying and being too cliquish. Oh yeah, there were cliques, but I had no problem like you did, Stormy, with people being mean and I wonder if the problem elements were already gone by then. It was mainly the point abuse which drove me crazy as I saw more and more (trust me people, it was unbelievable what was going on, just absolutely galling in the scope of it and yes, the entitlement was beyond words! And I wasn't even an admin seeing everything, yet I was disgusted). So, this is news to me about the previous blowup, so to speak. But, I am glad you mentioned this because I was confused how I could have missed the hostility.
Jan 17, 8:09 pm
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
All perfectly understandable, but you're absolutely correct we have to make profits. Though, I will kindly and respectfully disagree that someone needs additional incentive outside of free product to write reviews. ALL of the major vendors in the ... More
"What I don't understand is why we're still talking about it 7 months later. It's done and it's not going to change any time soon."

I think we continue to see talk of it is because there are always people returning to the site and for them, this is all shocking and new. To us, sure, it's old news, but that said, not everyone processes things at the same rate. Does it really hurt to discuss it? I just think honestly addressing things goes a long way toward resolving the concerns instead of leaving confusion and rumor. I know there is info scattered all over the forums that answers many of the questions, but nothing centrally located that explains everything officially. I have noticed many people do not search for this info or just do a cursory look for it, then they just start their own thread. Maybe it's time to write a 'letter to returning members' (or something like that, whatever you want to call it) which would just be a post somewhere easy to find that we could refer people to in order for them to catch up on what happened and how things are now? I know I have written some comments that I think quickly & fairly summarized what happened and you could use that, for example. People are going to continue to ask, so why not just say, "Hey, go read this, it'll answer most, if not all, of your questions"? It's just an idea I think might help cut down on you and us having to respond to the same questions over and over, which I know can get tiring to even the most patient person.
Jan 18, 1:15 am
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
We totally expected mass exodus after the 2013 change, but 2012 was a banner year for snark and entitlement. (I've been here since 2010. I remember how gruff and mean people were to me when I first joined. But I stuck it out.)
Just an aside I thought of...when I joined, I almost immediately was greeted by PropertyofPotter, Edeneve and LoriAndHubby. What a difference that was to Stormy's greeting upon joining! I find it interesting that PropertyofPotter & Edeneve are still here. Some of the most supportive and nicest people (XxFallenAngelxX, KyotoAngel, Charmedtomeetyou, Rossie and Kendra, just to name off the top of my head), are some of those still here which is telling. I agree that the overall tone on the forum has improved, so despite the lull, there's no reason it won't pick up again.
Jan 18, 3:47 am
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
"What I don't understand is why we're still talking about it 7 months later. It's done and it's not going to change any time soon."

I think we continue to see talk of it is because there are always people returning to ... More
I think WW's "Letter to Returning Members" suggestion is a really good idea to help returning members understand the changes -- the Announcements section will be a good place to display that letter.

And let's stop all the censuring -- I'm happy to see familiar faces trickle back -- so please, let's not chase some of those away.
Jan 18, 8:19 am
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
I think WW's "Letter to Returning Members" suggestion is a really good idea to help returning members understand the changes -- the Announcements section will be a good place to display that letter.

And let's stop all the ... More
I second this. I think that would be a GREAT idea to be put together and made a sticky so that hopefully it can be seen right away. Because, yeah, I actually disappeared back in June of 2013 because of my major break up, tried to come back, things were BAD, and I was trying to put out the fire, but I know my pleas got lost in the crowd, so I just kind of... faded out of it hoping it would all blow over.

And when I did finally come back, it was over alright xD.

But yes, an open letter to returning members would be a great idea. It might help stop all the "OH MY GOD THIS IS HORRIBLE!" that we are seeing.
Jan 18, 12:57 pm
B8trDude B8trDude
I've just been lurking the past couple of days and just noticed a thread called, "Points reconsideration form." However, the thread appears to be closed and I can't respond. Is there anyway I can get my points? I've got nearly 68,000 points!
Jan 18, 9:13 pm
Pete's Princess Pete's Princess
I miss some of the people who were very active and had a lot of good input and reviews. However, there were a lot of crap posts that people made to get points. Like everyday there were a ton of posts like what is your favorite number, color, cloud form, etc. Women add one number, men subtract one number stuff. Also, there were a ton of replys that were obviously to get points and not really someone who was participating. Slowly I have seen familiar faces come back. I was always welcomed and respected, but there were a few less than friendly exchanges in the forums. There is good and bad with every change.
Jan 18, 10:03 pm
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by B8trDude
I've just been lurking the past couple of days and just noticed a thread called, "Points reconsideration form." However, the thread appears to be closed and I can't respond. Is there anyway I can get my points? I've got nearly 68,000 points!
Wow, I never even saw that thread before. I just went to look at it. That was posted right in the middle of my cross-country move. Ugh oh well, haha I'm still here and still happy.
Jan 18, 10:09 pm
B8trDude B8trDude
Quote:
Originally posted by wrecklesswords
Wow, I never even saw that thread before. I just went to look at it. That was posted right in the middle of my cross-country move. Ugh oh well, haha I'm still here and still happy.
I just found it, as well as several others. Wow, I was completely unaware of all that's gone on here. At this point, it looks like a ton of the old crowd is gone and I've got 68,000 useless points. BTW, I worked hard for those - if you check out my reviews, I have some of the most commented on, on this site and I also served as an editor a few times. I can't find some of the pages that used to exist and while there were never many men on the site, it appears as if nearly everyone is gone.
Jan 18, 10:13 pm
charmedtomeetyou charmedtomeetyou
Quote:
Originally posted by B8trDude
I've just been lurking the past couple of days and just noticed a thread called, "Points reconsideration form." However, the thread appears to be closed and I can't respond. Is there anyway I can get my points? I've got nearly 68,000 points!
There was a window to turn in that form, and then a chunk of time where they were all evaluated and people were issues points in the form of gift cards if they were approved. To my knowledge, you were only able to submit for consideration during that window. So, the only way to use your points now is as 15% of your order.
Jan 18, 10:37 pm
charmedtomeetyou charmedtomeetyou
Quote:
Originally posted by B8trDude
I just found it, as well as several others. Wow, I was completely unaware of all that's gone on here. At this point, it looks like a ton of the old crowd is gone and I've got 68,000 useless points. BTW, I worked hard for those - if you check ... More
I like your reviews!

Also, I agree that it would be nice to have more male reviewers. I have a few male students in the Mentor Program right now, and I think they will be great additions to the site.
Jan 18, 10:38 pm
B8trDude B8trDude
Quote:
Originally posted by charmedtomeetyou
There was a window to turn in that form, and then a chunk of time where they were all evaluated and people were issues points in the form of gift cards if they were approved. To my knowledge, you were only able to submit for consideration during that ... More
Wow! Really?! All that work for nothing I just checked Alexa.com and it appears as if EF really is going down the drain as the number of visits over the past year has plummeted. Here's the graph that shows how EF ranking as dropped:

number of visits over the past year has plummeted
Jan 18, 10:40 pm
charmedtomeetyou charmedtomeetyou
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Just an aside I thought of...when I joined, I almost immediately was greeted by PropertyofPotter, Edeneve and LoriAndHubby. What a difference that was to Stormy's greeting upon joining! I find it interesting that PropertyofPotter & Edeneve ... More
Thanks! You're pretty supportive and nice too! And you've done a great job of editing!
Jan 18, 10:55 pm
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by charmedtomeetyou
Thanks! You're pretty supportive and nice too! And you've done a great job of editing!
I totally second this!
Jan 19, 12:05 am
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by charmedtomeetyou
Thanks! You're pretty supportive and nice too! And you've done a great job of editing!
Thanks charmedtomeetyou and Rossie! I totally burned myself out though and I have had to take a break. I try to do them again sometimes, but I just can't manage for now with health issues. I appreciate the nod, it means a lot, especially as you were the first editor of my first several reviews!
Jan 19, 3:15 am
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Just an aside I thought of...when I joined, I almost immediately was greeted by PropertyofPotter, Edeneve and LoriAndHubby. What a difference that was to Stormy's greeting upon joining! I find it interesting that PropertyofPotter & Edeneve ... More
It has been drawn to my attention that what I wrote was somewhat unclear, so let me take care of that, please:

When I said PropertyofPotter, Edeneve and LoriAndHubby were the ones who graciously greeted me and made me feel welcome when I joined, I should have added that they did the same for many other newbies. I think Lori might be gone, but PoP and Edeneve are definitely still here and were amazing ambassadors for Eden. Since it was late and I hadn't slept in days, I did not notice that I neglected to link my thoughts properly. When I said it was interesting they are still here, I meant to tie it into the next statement, that not only they, but the other supportive and productive members of the community from before remain. I didn't mean to separate the groups, but instead link them all as remarkable members. What I find it interesting that out of those who stayed, we still have a lot of the members who were what made Eden so great! To me, this just goes to show there are people still here trying to make the best of things. They didn't cause the problems, those people are gone (from what I can tell, for good) and Eden is better off because of these (& the ones I couldn't list because of brain freeze and space) sticking it out through the changes. I think with their experience and all the enthusiastic new members, not only has the tone of the forum changed for the better, but things should continue to regrow in a better direction. (I hope that better explained what I meant to say But, again, I still haven't slept, argh! )
Jan 19, 3:41 am
edeneve edeneve
Quote:
Originally posted by B8trDude
Wow! Really?! All that work for nothing I just checked Alexa.com and it appears as if EF really is going down the drain as the number of visits over the past year has plummeted. Here's the graph that shows how EF ranking as dropped:

... More
wow, didn't know this kind of site existed. interesting info.
Jan 19, 12:02 pm
Total posts: 93
Unique posters: 23