Non-vixskin/O2 Silicone.. is it too firm/hard?

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

Non-vixskin/O2 Silicone.. is it too firm/hard?

Callisto Callisto
I was surprised looking at a picture of the vamp because it was slightly bendy and such. Are other dildos like this? I imagine most of the silicone toys being really firm and rigid. Maybe I'm wrong.

Suggest some for me
09/24/2011
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE! Mix and Match
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Couples!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Her!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Him!
  • Holiday Clearance – Save 80%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Coralbell Coralbell
Silicone toys come in lots of different firmnesses. Some are very rigid, and some are flexible and squishy. I don't have a lot of silicone dildos so I'm having a hard time thinking of examples for that.

A lot of my silicone vibrators (like my Lelos, Jimmyjane Forms, and MiMi)are made of a thin layer of silicone over a hard interior, so they are very firm. My Fun Factory Yooo and Spring have a much thicker, softer layer of silicone and are pretty squishy.
09/24/2011
Callisto Callisto
Quote:
Originally posted by Coralbell
Silicone toys come in lots of different firmnesses. Some are very rigid, and some are flexible and squishy. I don't have a lot of silicone dildos so I'm having a hard time thinking of examples for that.

A lot of my silicone vibrators ...
Thanks!
09/24/2011
Coralbell Coralbell
I hope some of the silicone dildo lovers will come along soon and give you some suggestions for bendy ones!
09/24/2011
Callisto Callisto
Quote:
Originally posted by Coralbell
I hope some of the silicone dildo lovers will come along soon and give you some suggestions for bendy ones!
I was just intrigued when I saw one that was more pliable than I had expected.
09/24/2011
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Most silicone toys, even if they're not squishy, are quite capable of bending. The only exception I've come across personally is the Ella. LELO's Ella is extremely firm, and I've heard that this is true for most LELO toys. The Ella's "neck" can move, but that's it.

The firmness of Tantus silicone seems to depend on how thick it is. The Charmer, Silk Medium, and the shaft of the Acute are all pretty squishy. On the other hand, the Acute's head and the Silk Large, while still having some give, are feel firmer because they are thicker. Fun Factory stuff tends to be fairly soft (though not O2 or VixSkin soft).

One of the most interesting examples is Bad Dragon silicone. While the toys themselves may not be everyone's cup of tea, they are ahead of the curve when it comes to customization. Their silicone comes in three different levels of firmness, and you can choose whichever you like best when ordering.
09/24/2011
Callisto Callisto
Quote:
Originally posted by Rin (aka Nire)
Most silicone toys, even if they're not squishy, are quite capable of bending. The only exception I've come across personally is the Ella. LELO's Ella is extremely firm, and I've heard that this is true for most LELO toys. The ...
I've always been intrigued by bad dragon and might end up getting one when I'm in a different living situation.

I really appreciate all this information
09/24/2011
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 3