Waterproof Vibrators... A few Questions..

sktb0007 sktb0007
Being new to toys, I have a few questions about the waterproof vibrators. I just ordered one recently, and tried to use it this evening, and it didn't seem to work once I brought it in the shower.

Are there certain things I should know about waterproof toys that may not be that obvious to ensure they stay "alive"? The obvious one that I DO know is to make sure the battery compartment is tightly secured so that water cannot get in.. but even then I am wondering if water can still get in through the little cracks. Maybe I just worry too much but I really do not want to end up ruining a good product.

I'm not sure if this vibrator just needs new batteries (I used some from a remote since I don't have any other AAA batteries in the house right now), or if I just destroyed the flippin' thing. I'll pick up batteries this week to see.. but even if it is just the batteries that need to be changed, I'd still love to hear any advice you have for waterproof vibrator use/care/etc.
09/13/2011
  • Save 40% on Vibrators
  • Get 3 amazing toys for $60 only
  • Eye of Love Pheromone Kit - Save 25%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
ninaspinkturtle ninaspinkturtle
Quote:
Originally posted by sktb0007
Being new to toys, I have a few questions about the waterproof vibrators. I just ordered one recently, and tried to use it this evening, and it didn't seem to work once I brought it in the shower.

Are there certain things I should know ... More
even non water proof toys should work in water, it would just ruin the toy. its probably batteries.
09/13/2011
indiglo indiglo
My guess is that it's the batteries. But, about waterproof vibes in general, the main thing to remember is that just because it claims to be waterproof doesn't mean it IS waterproof. You always have to test it to make sure the claim is accurate. Some toys claim they're waterproof but really aren't, which is always a disappointment, but there will often be warnings about that issue in the reviews, if the reviewer tested the product well.

Check to make sure the toy has a good quality o ring where the battery compartment closes, and make sure it is well in place. First, try letting a tiny bit of water run over the area, then dry it off, open it up and make sure no water got inside. Once that seems fairly sure, let more water run over it for a longer period of time, dry it off, and check again. If that seems ok, I think it's ready for a submersion test.

The main area that would possibly not be water fast is that battery compartment. The other cracks/joints of the toy should be fine. You could check inside the battery compartment of your toy now to see if it's wet inside. If it is, take out the batteries and leave the lid off the battery compartment and let it dry thoroughly before putting batteries back in.

I don't find they need any extra care from non-waterproof toys. In fact, I find them MUCH easier to wash up. Just make sure they are well and truly sealed before you wash them, and then make sure they are totally dry before storing them. I prefer to only get waterproof toys. I never play in the shower, but they're just easier for me to clean up when I'm through with them!

Hope your toy will work well again once it has new batteries. I imagine that is the problem if you had to steal them from the remote control. Those things can really drain batteries.
09/13/2011
sktb0007 sktb0007
Quote:
Originally posted by indiglo
My guess is that it's the batteries. But, about waterproof vibes in general, the main thing to remember is that just because it claims to be waterproof doesn't mean it IS waterproof. You always have to test it to make sure the claim is ... More
Thanks very much for the advice! I am praying it is just the batteries. I'll be devastated if it isn't. I read a bunch of the reviews on the product, and I hadn't read a single one that encountered this problem. Maybe I am just worrying too much but I put the batteries in it, played with the different functions to feel the speed of them (outside of the shower, in a non sexual way) then I turned it off. I Decided I was going to try it out in the shower. This was about 20 minutes later. Got in the shower, then nothing...
09/13/2011
sktb0007 sktb0007
Quote:
Originally posted by sktb0007
Thanks very much for the advice! I am praying it is just the batteries. I'll be devastated if it isn't. I read a bunch of the reviews on the product, and I hadn't read a single one that encountered this problem. Maybe I am just worrying ... More
Oh, I had also checked the battery compartment afterwards to see if any water had gotten in but there were no signed of water OR moisture in the compartment
09/13/2011
- Kira - - Kira -
Quote:
Originally posted by sktb0007
Oh, I had also checked the battery compartment afterwards to see if any water had gotten in but there were no signed of water OR moisture in the compartment
Sounds like a battery issue to me. I have non waterproof toys that I've used in the shower successfully (not recommended) and most of my cheaper waterproofs hold up fine in the shower. It's usually more of an issue when submerging or cleaning and there's more likelihood of water getting in the battery compartment. I'm guessing the batteries you stole from the remote were on their way out and the vibrator pushed them over the edge.
09/13/2011
Total posts: 6
Unique posters: 4