Originally posted by
I'd be worried about the risk of electrocution. Also, the power draw of simultaneous use and charging might fry your USB port.
Even with a heart condition, the spec for USB 2.0 is too low current with too small of a distance between poles and too far from the heart to electrocute. The person would get half the charge of someone licking a 9v battery (old-school way of testing them), albeit in a much more sensitive area. Given that people used to *insert* violet wand probes (MUCH higher V and A), it's pretty unlikely to do much more than startle. Or give someone a new fetish.
(Note: Please do not put my theory to the test - 4.5v at 0.5A on the clit *shouldn't* cause permanent damage or death, but please don't test my theory).