Are you new to reviewing?

Ansley Ansley
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to say that I've been seeing some new names in the review admin and would like to welcome you all to EF and the Review Program.

If you have any questions, please (pretty please) don't hesitate to send me an on-site message and I'll be happy to walk you through the in's and out's of writing a review on EF.

Are there any mentors out there willing to step up and offer advice and help as well? If so, please leave a comment below!

Thank you in advance and welcome to the wonderful world of reviewing!
08/13/2013
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
js250 js250
I have always been happy to help anyone with questions about the site and programs. I am willing to work with anyone who has questions or those who need a bit of extra help on the review writing, details to include and review styles.

This is my busy time of year at work, but I have settled into a routine that allows more free time for my extra projects (like reviewing, etc.) I will do my DR review by Sunday, by the way...it has been a bit crazy this last couple weeks.

Is the mentor program ever going to come back on the site or is it gone permanently?
08/13/2013
Thong man Thong man
I did my first review and sent it for review. How long does this usually take to complete.
08/13/2013
SexIsMyThing SexIsMyThing
I am new and getting ready to do my first review.
08/13/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
I have always been happy to help anyone with questions about the site and programs. I am willing to work with anyone who has questions or those who need a bit of extra help on the review writing, details to include and review styles.

This is ... More
If it does come back, it will be a completely different program.
08/13/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Thong man
I did my first review and sent it for review. How long does this usually take to complete.
Congrats! Editors have fourteen days publish submissions.
08/13/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by SexIsMyThing
I am new and getting ready to do my first review.
Awesome! Which item will be your first?
08/13/2013
Thong man Thong man
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Congrats! Editors have fourteen days publish submissions.
Thanks.
08/13/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Let me throw my hat in the ring as someone people can come to to ask questions, about anything, including reviews. I don't have the wealth of experience that js250 and other former mentors do, but I am always willing to help! Send me a message, don't be shy, I never get tired of answering questions. If I can't help, I will find you someone who can!

@Stormy, I really hope the mentor program comes back, so many new reviewers have asked me about it and wish they had the opportunity to use it! I don't care what revisions are made, just that people have somewhere to go to get help improving their reviews, or to ask questions. Of course, I believe that's why you started this thread.

It does seem like every review I edit is a new reviewer's first (or maybe second); we really have a lot of new reviewers -- welcome everyone!
08/13/2013
matry matry
Thanks for the welcome, Stormy (& others!)! I have already written a few reviews and am waiting to become an advanced contributor.. yay!
08/14/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by matry
Thanks for the welcome, Stormy (& others!)! I have already written a few reviews and am waiting to become an advanced contributor.. yay!
I've edited 3 of your's and I'd say your are well on you way! Your reviews are very good!
08/14/2013
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
I'm new to reviewing and very excited about it. : ) I've had one published so far and have three patiently waiting to be edited.


Also, I can vouch for Wicked Wahine being incredibly helpful. She's amazing and has really helped me out.
08/14/2013
js250 js250
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
If it does come back, it will be a completely different program.
That would be a good thing. Smooth all the glitches out! I just feel really bad, all these new people and almost none of the really experienced previous members are still here AND these poor people have no options for consistent and helpful 'mentoring' advice...they just wing it and hope the answers they get are right.

Again---they can all feel free to message me and ask questions, have me work with them on EU review components, proofing them and offering suggestions, etc. I used to do this all the time off site so it will not be a problem or anything now.
08/14/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
I'm new to reviewing and very excited about it. : ) I've had one published so far and have three patiently waiting to be edited.


Also, I can vouch for Wicked Wahine being incredibly helpful. She's amazing and has really helped me out.
Aren't you a sweetheart for saying so, thanks!
08/14/2013
mimi214 mimi214
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to say that I've been seeing some new names in the review admin and would like to welcome you all to EF and the Review Program.

If you have any questions, please (pretty please) don't hesitate to ... More
Thanks so much for showing the newbies some love. I am excited to be part of the community and can't wait to write, read and reply to the reviews on this site.
08/14/2013
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to say that I've been seeing some new names in the review admin and would like to welcome you all to EF and the Review Program.

If you have any questions, please (pretty please) don't hesitate to ... More
Hey there new faces! Good to see y'all. I've been here since 2008 and I am ALWAYS willing to help anyone who has questions. You can contact me through the site or at airen @airenwolf.com! to you all!
08/15/2013
Ansley Ansley
So glad to see the new faces! Thanks to all the veterans for responding and I can't wait to read all of your reviews (newbies). I'm just a click or two away if you all ever need anything.
08/15/2013
matry matry
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
I've edited 3 of your's and I'd say your are well on you way! Your reviews are very good!
Aw, thanks I agree with SincerelyN, you've been very helpful, I appreciate it!
08/15/2013
SecretCouple SecretCouple
Hi! We have written and had 4 reviews published now. It is very enjoyable to post honest reviews from our point of view. It can be hard enough to pick out products to buy and I know we relied on the many reviews when we made our purchases, so of course I would want to pass on our experiences.

Thanks for the welcome and look forward to writing some more. I enjoy writing and writing reviews is very enjoyable...maybe not as much as actually trying the products, though .
08/15/2013
Basalt Basalt
I am also willing to answer any questions that I can, or provide feedback on reviews. Welcome, everyone!
08/16/2013
BlackOrchid BlackOrchid
I've done two so far since joining Eden, and plan on some more for sure! I enjoy writing about my experiences, and I obsess over reviews of items that I want.
I'm still in the "testing" phase of the next item that I want to review, as I just received it a few days ago.
08/16/2013
unfulfilled unfulfilled
I'm willing to help anyone out as well. I loved mentoring and really miss that aspect of the site. My kids start school on Monday so I will be back in full force.

Stormy- As JS mentioned I'll also get my DR to you soon. I'm not overdue, but I usually have them out in 2 weeks, but summer with the kids has not allowed any writing time.
08/16/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by unfulfilled
I'm willing to help anyone out as well. I loved mentoring and really miss that aspect of the site. My kids start school on Monday so I will be back in full force.

Stormy- As JS mentioned I'll also get my DR to you soon. I'm not ... More
No worries on the DRs, I know you all are super busy with getting the kids back to school and/or yourselves. Just let me know if you're going to be really late with them.
08/16/2013
charmedtomeetyou charmedtomeetyou
I'd like to put myself out there as someone any new person can come to ask questions!

I miss the mentor program and I enjoy helping new writers craft a helpful and fun to read review.

Also, I'm happy to answer any questions regarding navigating the site....or anything else! Just send me a PM!

Welcome!
08/21/2013
cmm cmm
How in the heck do you get your public score to go up?
08/23/2013
grandtiger grandtiger
Thanks for the welcome Stormy and everyone offering help!
I feel like I've been around Eden for so long and yet I'm just discovering all the great things I can do on here. I can't wait to get more involved and hopefully move up to an advanced contributor.
08/23/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by cmm
How in the heck do you get your public score to go up?
By participating in the community and voting/writing reviews.
08/26/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by grandtiger
Thanks for the welcome Stormy and everyone offering help!
I feel like I've been around Eden for so long and yet I'm just discovering all the great things I can do on here. I can't wait to get more involved and hopefully move up to an ... More
Glad to see you participating!
08/26/2013
Hoshigetsu Hoshigetsu
I am still kinda new to reviewing. I have done 3~4 reviews, been through the mentor program and would still like another go with a different mentor(my mentor was great, but it's nice to always get many different sides). I'm thrilled at being a reviewer, and love it.
08/30/2013
Lupe L Lupe L
I'm interested in reviewing, but haven't as of yet. Do I have to activate the review program to review a product? And what will that mean for me, having it activated? Also, I'm kind of unclear about when I could receive the 500 points for a review. It says, "verified purchase only". Does that mean I won't get points for just any review?
09/03/2013
Total posts: 89
Unique posters: 35