It's not always easy coming up with a topic to write about, so we do what we can to help you out by offering different topics, writing prompts and projects. Here's a list of types of submissions currently accepted at SexIs.
• SexIs Subjective - Every month, we ask a question, and we want your honest opinion in 500-700 words. This article should be purely opinion. It should not be a response to any other post, or any other person or group's opinion. Authors may only submit one SexIs Subjective article a month.
• Define This - These articles are meant to define terms related to sex, sexuality, and sexual health in our own words. They should be a minimum of 500 words. The maximum word count depends on necessity and the subject of the article. Please include "Define This:" in your title when submitting this type of article. A Define This article can be a comparison of terms that are often interchanged, or a list of a few terms that are related, but should not be a glossary-type list. The author should discuss the book definition, what the word means to them, what the word means to other people, etc.
• SexFeed - These are articles strictly designed to report on current events as they happen. The tone of the article can allude to the author's opinion, and sarcasm and snark are fine, but there should be plenty of room for the reader to make up their own minds. Because this is ultimately a news report, we try to maintain journalistic integrity. Authors must include source links, and the sources must be credible. Titles should include "Sex Feed:" and articles should be a minimum of 500 words.
• Community Commentary - We want to know how you feel about the messages you're getting from the media, positive AND negative. Primarily PRINT media but all forms of media are okay. These articles should be a minimum of 750 words.
• Guides - Have you got something to teach your fellow community members? Maybe you've figured out exactly what makes the perfect toy for your body type, or how to decide whether you should buy a clit vibe or a traditional one? Perhaps you've got some safety information you think should get out there ASAP? Write about it for SexIs Social! These articles should be a minimum of 750 words. If they're product oriented, they should include images and links to the products.
• Monthly Theme and Topic Prompts - Every month, there's a site-wide theme, and at SexIs Social we accept articles on that subject. You can find suggestions on how to broach the month's subject on the SexIs section of the forum. Articles should be a minimum of 750 words.
• Open Topic - As long as the article relates in some way to sex and sexuality, it's acceptable. Maybe it's about the sexuality exhibited in a play you saw, or how music affects society's opinions on sexuality, or all the sex-related apps on iTunes. As long as it is adult oriented in some way, it's welcome. Articles should be a minimum of 750 words.
How to Submit
• Submissions should be submitted via the article submission wizard in your dashboard.
• Articles should be related to the topics listed at the top of the SexIs homepage. If you're unsure or have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
• Articles must be the author's original work. Quotes are acceptable, but they should be properly cited, and should not be the majority of the article's content.
• Articles should not be previously published elsewhere, regardless of who owns them, unless the author has been given permission to repost their work on SexIs.
• Articles should be nonfiction and informational. They can be written from a personal point of view, but should have a point beyond documenting your life. As a magazine our goal is not to document personal experiences, but to educate, inspire discussion, and encourage people to expand their experience and views. Therefore, submissions should be written as articles as opposed to journal entries.
• Articles will be copyedited and occasionally, if necessary, editors may request the writer to edit for content and submit a revised copy. We ask for your patience and prompt response. This process can take 3-5 business days.
• Articles can be controversial, but should not be an attack on any race, gender, sexuality or religion.
• Guidelines are subject to change.
SexIs articles pay 1500 EdenPoints upon publication. There is a probation period of 5 days for every article. In your points history, points for published articles will show as pending until the five day probation period is up.
plagiarism - an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author
It saddens me to admit that we've had quite a bit of trouble with contributors trying to pass off someone else's work as their own. As such, we've had to implement a procedure for this. Going forward, the first time you submit a plagiarized article, editors will issue a warning and notify admin. If you submit another plagiarized article you will be permanently banned from EdenFantasys.com.]
As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to email me at email@example.com