Unsafe Shipping, Watch Out Guys

RonLee RonLee
Received my latest order just today, Shipping was via USPS Priority Mail, and it was in a box as usual. The order was in one discrete plain brown box. I seem to remember previous orders would be in the USPS's red white and blue Priority Mail box, but I have no reason to be displeased with today's packaging.
06/03/2013
.kaycat .kaycat
Yes! I just got stuff too, in that kind of flimsy cheap bag.
Normally if I ordered anything at all, once I ordered an EOS lip balm sphere alone. It came twisted in the bottom of a plastic bag, wrapped up I'm a long softer cardboard, and in a tiny cardboard box. What's up with the skimping on shipping lately? Not to mention my stuff used to come faster than the actual expected date, now it's even longer? My recent package everything was smashed up all the boxes of my toys, smashed up... Toys were fine but how the hell am I gonna take photos for reviews now when the boxes are smashed so bad they're torn and unreadable ???
06/03/2013
.kaycat .kaycat
Quote:
Originally posted by PassionCpl
I just got exactly the same packaging for the order I received today (several Cake Beauty products - both boxed and individual, Aneros Eupho Syn, EF Wipes, pair of panties & (our 5th) 'Mystery' Bunny).

I'm assuming it's a ... More
Haha and her cat.
06/03/2013
.kaycat .kaycat
Quote:
Originally posted by .kaycat
Yes! I just got stuff too, in that kind of flimsy cheap bag.
Normally if I ordered anything at all, once I ordered an EOS lip balm sphere alone. It came twisted in the bottom of a plastic bag, wrapped up I'm a long softer cardboard, and in a ... More
And most of my toys were in plastic clam shells, with dents in them. I got two sample packets of lube I was surprised those weren't popped. You can feel everything, I know my mail lady knows what's in those bags, I agree with everyone, it's not discreet anymore
06/03/2013
Angelica Angelica
Quote:
Originally posted by charmedtomeetyou
I have some Je Joue things coming today too! I love the boxes as well, and hope they are ok.
Mine came in a bag! The box was a bit dented. Im mega disappointed because it was just jammed into my mailbox. I would expect something as expensive as je joue toys to be sent in a box. Come on!
06/03/2013
sexyscreenname sexyscreenname
Quote:
Originally posted by .kaycat
And most of my toys were in plastic clam shells, with dents in them. I got two sample packets of lube I was surprised those weren't popped. You can feel everything, I know my mail lady knows what's in those bags, I agree with everyone, ... More
"You can feel everything, I know my mail lady knows what's in those bags"

Can you elaborate on this ? I really fail to see how someone could possibly know that you have sex toys in a package by feeling a bubble mailer....
06/03/2013
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyscreenname
"You can feel everything, I know my mail lady knows what's in those bags"

Can you elaborate on this ? I really fail to see how someone could possibly know that you have sex toys in a package by feeling a bubble mailer....
If toys are packaged in clamshell casing, you can sort of feel the shape of the toy through the packaging.
06/03/2013
PassionCpl PassionCpl
Quote:
Originally posted by SMichelle
If toys are packaged in clamshell casing, you can sort of feel the shape of the toy through the packaging.
And if you're ordering those SSA Glass toys they'd be even easier to guess by feel.
06/03/2013
TJax TJax
This does not bode well for the order I placed the other day...
06/03/2013
PassionCpl PassionCpl
Quote:
Originally posted by TJax
This does not bode well for the order I placed the other day...
Maybe EF could start selling bubble envelopes. We could buy them with an order and they'd ship them in boxes
06/03/2013
Zombirella Zombirella
The issue is supposed to be resolved as of yesterday, so hopefully things order from here on out will be packaged better.
06/04/2013
charmedtomeetyou charmedtomeetyou
Quote:
Originally posted by Angelica
Mine came in a bag! The box was a bit dented. Im mega disappointed because it was just jammed into my mailbox. I would expect something as expensive as je joue toys to be sent in a box. Come on!
Yep, bag here too. I ordered Uma and Mimi, and the boxes are a bit dented but the toys are fine. It's a shame, such pricey toys deserve a box, I agree.
06/04/2013
sexyscreenname sexyscreenname
Got another one today. The bag had a small rip in the outside plastic but the inside bubble wrap was strong enough that an actual hole didn't develop.

I had a toy in cardboard box and the corners were all dented and the top was ripped a little bit from transit. The toy was fine but like others said I like to keep my boxes.
06/04/2013
VeganChick (is Gone) VeganChick (is Gone)
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyscreenname
Got another one today. The bag had a small rip in the outside plastic but the inside bubble wrap was strong enough that an actual hole didn't develop.

I had a toy in cardboard box and the corners were all dented and the top was ripped a ... More
How sad.
06/04/2013
Karmababe Karmababe
Quote:
Originally posted by GONE!
My last package from Eden contained
1. A glass toy.
2. A glass bottle of massage oil.
3. A plastic bottle of massage oil.
4. A plastic bottle of lube.
5. A tube of lube.
6. A container of sugar scrub, a sample packet of lube, ... More
i just received an order in one of these bags!!! I have my stuff shipped to my office to avoid a nosy kid but i get to my office and find this type of bag with my order MANGLED up inside!! the product boxes were destroyed and everything in the order could be felt through the bag!!! i wrote a support ticket and this is what "Antoneo" had to say:


"Our apologies that your items were not handled and delivered properly to you. I believe your order was still discrete as no items fell out of the bag, just out of the packaging they were in and were loose in the bag. I don't think they would have been able to completely tell what was is there via the thickness of the envelope. In regards to compensation, we will be more than happy to provide a refund provided you return the items to us."

still discreet?!?!?! really?!?! i felt the bag when i picked it up and could clearly feel a cock inside! how is that discreet?! if this is to continue i will take my business elsewhere! I'm completely outraged and stunned by this.
06/05/2013
Karmababe Karmababe
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmababe
i just received an order in one of these bags!!! I have my stuff shipped to my office to avoid a nosy kid but i get to my office and find this type of bag with my order MANGLED up inside!! the product boxes were destroyed and everything in the order ... More
And here is a quote of the privacy policy

"Discreet billing and shipping information
- We ship our products in plain brown or white boxes. The sender on the shipping label will be Web Merchants Inc.

- "WEB MERCHANTS" or "EF8885065516" is what will appear on your credit card statement."

ummm says shipped in brown or white BOX not a bag.... seems a total breech o their own policy....
06/05/2013
Trysexual Trysexual
I got an assignment last night in an envelope where the box was crushed and popped open. The outside was intact though. Nothing was broken or torn. The box was not a keeper anyway (cheap cal exotics). My previous order(s) in envelopes were fine. Have one more coming tonight and will see how that one is.

I always felt some of the boxes were too large for what was being shipped. I don't mind the cost cutting if it's done with some common sense. Some things need a box, some might not.
06/05/2013
This Is For The Birds This Is For The Birds
I am expecting an order to arrive today and next week, both rather small orders, but I guess we shall see, since the one today will be containing lube.

However, I am a small business owner, making children hair bows, so I ship and receive packages of materials all the time. Us small business owners have no other choice other to use USPS to keep shipping down, we use either first class or priority mail and both of those services are not being handled properly anymore. I received a package last friday that was marked fragile three times, and my items were wrapped in bubble wrap twice and some of the contents inside were still broken and looked like the package had been ran over, this is happening to a lot of us.

Now I know, that the inside contents and how they are wrapped and packaged has nothing to do with the post office, but I would say open a support ticket obviously so they know that they need to start shipping better and marking fragile on appropriate packages or just stop shipping those type of products all together, but if your package is in rough shape I would contact and complain to the postmaster as well. This is what all of us small business owners are doing.
06/05/2013
Trysexual Trysexual
I once knew a guy who worked at a UPS facility as a summer job in HS or college and he told me stories how he and other co-workers sometimes saw something marked fragile and purposefully dropped it, just to be a dick I guess. Shocking I know.

He wasn't the kind of person, I expected to hear that from either.
06/05/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by This Is For The Birds
I am expecting an order to arrive today and next week, both rather small orders, but I guess we shall see, since the one today will be containing lube.

However, I am a small business owner, making children hair bows, so I ship and receive ... More
Hmmm...perhaps more of their employees are "going postal"? I have definitely seen more roughly-treated packages from USPS and UPS, as well. Doesn't UPS insure its packages, though? I would think their employees would have a mandatory percentage of intact packages, or something similar, in order to keep their costs down.

I'll start submitting online complaints when this happens to me, too, in hopes that enough squeaky wheels will make them get out the grease.
06/05/2013
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmababe
i just received an order in one of these bags!!! I have my stuff shipped to my office to avoid a nosy kid but i get to my office and find this type of bag with my order MANGLED up inside!! the product boxes were destroyed and everything in the order ... More
Honestly I think your outrage is a bit out of proportion. YOU could feel a cock inside but the average person wouldn't expect you to receive a dildo at work and might think it's a flashlight or other tube like item. It's highly doubtful that they would automatically assume it's a dildo. You could have your packages held at the post office or UPS store if delivering them to your home is so problematic, jus' sayin'
06/05/2013
Carrie Ann Carrie Ann
The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter if other people can tell what is in the packages or not. It doesn't matter if items fell out of or ripped the envelope.

What matters is how the customer feels.

If the customer feels put in an awkward position due to the way their package was shipped, they no longer feel confident and happy to be shopping with you. They no longer feel assured and as if things are safe and discreet for them.

If the customer prefers intact boxes, especially the beautiful gift boxes many things come with, and are instead receiving smashed, crushed and otherwise marred goods, they no longer feel the item is in the promised condition. They again lose confidence and reason to shop.

No one should have to have packages held at the post office or make an extra stop to a UPS store when ordering from an online seller that should be practicing quality, safe shipping. That's beyond insane.

If I bought something from Bed Bath and Beyond and they said it was going to be partially crushed and flopping around in the bag when i got it and, hey, I can prevent that by having it held at the post office... I'd tell them to bugger off and just go shop at the freaking brick and mortar store.

The point isn't how we can accept this. The point is this is not acceptable.
06/05/2013
VeganChick (is Gone) VeganChick (is Gone)
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmababe
And here is a quote of the privacy policy

"Discreet billing and shipping information
- We ship our products in plain brown or white boxes. The sender on the shipping label will be Web Merchants Inc.

- "WEB MERCHANTS" ... More
I totally forgot about this! They are going against their own policy. I think Stormy talked to them again, so hopefully the bags stop. I'm hesitant to place another order until I know... I just keep thinking about my smashed boxes that I got.
06/05/2013
VeganChick (is Gone) VeganChick (is Gone)
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmababe
i just received an order in one of these bags!!! I have my stuff shipped to my office to avoid a nosy kid but i get to my office and find this type of bag with my order MANGLED up inside!! the product boxes were destroyed and everything in the order ... More
If you can feel items through the bag then it isn't discreet (not discrete) packaging. Period.

So what happens after the refund? Do you order new items that also arrive in a bag?
06/05/2013
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter if other people can tell what is in the packages or not. It doesn't matter if items fell out of or ripped the envelope.

What matters is how the customer feels.

If the customer feels ... More
Excellent comment, Carrie Ann.
06/05/2013
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by VeganChick (is Gone)
I totally forgot about this! They are going against their own policy. I think Stormy talked to them again, so hopefully the bags stop. I'm hesitant to place another order until I know... I just keep thinking about my smashed boxes that I got.
Well, I placed an order the other night, that shipped yesterday. It contained mostly lingerie, but also a Jopen Key vibe and a Leaf vibe. We'll see how it arrives on Friday... I really don't want to have to deal with smashed boxes.
06/05/2013
sunkissedJess sunkissedJess
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Honestly I think your outrage is a bit out of proportion. YOU could feel a cock inside but the average person wouldn't expect you to receive a dildo at work and might think it's a flashlight or other tube like item. It's highly doubtful ... More
Who wants to make the extra trip to the UPS store or the post office? Might as well not even do your shopping online.
06/05/2013
sunkissedJess sunkissedJess
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter if other people can tell what is in the packages or not. It doesn't matter if items fell out of or ripped the envelope.

What matters is how the customer feels.

If the customer feels ... More
Well freakin' said!
06/05/2013
VeganChick (is Gone) VeganChick (is Gone)
Quote:
Originally posted by SMichelle
Well, I placed an order the other night, that shipped yesterday. It contained mostly lingerie, but also a Jopen Key vibe and a Leaf vibe. We'll see how it arrives on Friday... I really don't want to have to deal with smashed boxes.
Let us know!
06/05/2013
Zombirella Zombirella
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter if other people can tell what is in the packages or not. It doesn't matter if items fell out of or ripped the envelope.

What matters is how the customer feels.

If the customer feels ... More
Weell said, I agree completely! Instead of making excuses, fix the problem. "jus' sayin'".
06/06/2013
Total posts: 189
Unique posters: 70