Omg a Smurfs movie!

Omg a Smurfs movie!

Jul!a Jul!a
Ok, so when I was growing up, the Smurfs were the shit. Hell, one of my nicknames in high school was Smurfette since I'm short and I had blue hair. I've really enjoyed having grown up with the cartoon (even if it was out ages before I was born) and even tho I'm 22, seeing a trailer for a movie made me giggle like a little school girl who had just been given free reign of a candy shop.

Please tell me I'm not the only one excited for this movie? lol
07/12/2010
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • The Complete Lovers Kit! Expert Couples Gift Set For $60
  • Backdoor Ecstasy! Opulent Anal Gift Set For $60
  • Lover's Touch! Deluxe Massage Gift Set For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Chilipepper Chilipepper
I'm not sure if I'm excited (I was a kid during it's heyday in the early-mid 80's) per se, but I am looking forward to seeing Hank Azaria (Tuesdays with Morrie, The Birdcage, Godzilla, half of the voices on the Simpsons) as Gargamel.
07/12/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
I'm not sure if I'm excited (I was a kid during it's heyday in the early-mid 80's) per se, but I am looking forward to seeing Hank Azaria (Tuesdays with Morrie, The Birdcage, Godzilla, half of the voices on the Simpsons) as Gargamel.
Hank Azaria is awesome, and I don't think I've ever disliked anything he's ever been in. The Birdcage is one of my favorite movies, lol
07/12/2010
Alicia Alicia
I can't wait for it! My husband surprisingly isn't so excited..I think he's afraid it'll suck and they'll ruin the smurfs for him.
07/12/2010
Gary Gary
The Smurfs were awesome! Although, I am generally skeptical of these types of movies... so I am not getting my hopes up just yet.
07/12/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I saw the preview for it in the last week or so. I think it'll do a bit better than the Garfield movie, but prolly won't have sequels released to theaters.
07/12/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I saw the preview for it in the last week or so. I think it'll do a bit better than the Garfield movie, but prolly won't have sequels released to theaters.
Something like this shouldn't have sequels released to theatres. It should just be the one movie, because otherwise you're just putting out really long episodes.
07/12/2010
PassionQT PassionQT
I grew up in Europe and the rage back then was collecting the little plastic smurf figurines. I should have saved them. I probably would have made some $ on eBay.
07/12/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I saw the preview for it in the last week or so. I think it'll do a bit better than the Garfield movie, but prolly won't have sequels released to theaters.
I still wonder what Bill Murray was thinking.
07/12/2010
kck kck
Om my gosh, they look so cute in the trailer

...I wonder if the whole philosophical conversation of "what's the point of living if you don't have a dick?" will be included.
07/12/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by PassionQT
I grew up in Europe and the rage back then was collecting the little plastic smurf figurines. I should have saved them. I probably would have made some $ on eBay.
I think my mom found some of those in the attic this weekend when cleaning it out for a yard sale.
07/12/2010
bzzingbee bzzingbee
I love the Smurfs! I also grew up with them on TV, used to love watching them.
07/12/2010
Chilipepper Chilipepper
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
Om my gosh, they look so cute in the trailer

...I wonder if the whole philosophical conversation of "what's the point of living if you don't have a dick?" will be included.
They got delivered by the stork. I don't think they have genitals. Smurfette was a Gargamel 'lab accident'. You don't miss what you don't have, you know.

I know WAY too much about the Smurfs ...
07/13/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
Om my gosh, they look so cute in the trailer

...I wonder if the whole philosophical conversation of "what's the point of living if you don't have a dick?" will be included.
Any Smurfs fan needs to watch Donnie Darko.

Explains everything.
07/13/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
I still wonder what Bill Murray was thinking.
LMAO agreed!

And I second the Donnie Darko comment. One of my favorite movies, and the Smurf scene cracks me up every time, even more so now that Jake Gyllenhall (sp?) has much more dignified roles.

I'd much rather that be the only movie I watch for the rest of my life that see this movie. Even as a rental. Never got into them, although I did get into a German version. I think they were called the Marxxes? Not sure. Maybe PQT knows
07/13/2010
Blinker Blinker
I think it's kind of pathetic that all Hollywood can do is recycle old shit and make it into 3D two hour long snore fests.

Except for remaking Batman. Christopher Nolan's Batman is the best EVER.
07/13/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
They got delivered by the stork. I don't think they have genitals. Smurfette was a Gargamel 'lab accident'. You don't miss what you don't have, you know.

I know WAY too much about the Smurfs ...
You should definitely check out Donnie Darko
07/13/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
Any Smurfs fan needs to watch Donnie Darko.

Explains everything.
I was hoping someone would catch it. Good call!
07/13/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
How was S.Darko?

Was it good?
07/13/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
I think it's kind of pathetic that all Hollywood can do is recycle old shit and make it into 3D two hour long snore fests.

Except for remaking Batman. Christopher Nolan's Batman is the best EVER.
OMG my boyfriend and I were talking about that during the previews of Despicable me. We boycot all 3-D movies and technology that is coming out.

I totally agree with you, especially with horror flicks. COME ON! Predators again...Jason vs. Michael who now has a bionic arm?...what will they redo next but totally butcher? If they ever redo Jurassic Park in 3D...I think I'll kill someone. Or worse...Jaws...

Batman was awesome. And that had been redone many times before too...so I excuse that one lol.
07/13/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
How was S.Darko?

Was it good?
I heard it MAJORLY sucked. Didn't it only come out on DVD? That says a lot...
07/13/2010
Annemarie Annemarie
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
OMG my boyfriend and I were talking about that during the previews of Despicable me. We boycot all 3-D movies and technology that is coming out.

I totally agree with you, especially with horror flicks. COME ON! Predators again...Jason vs. ...
Yeah, I agree with you on all counts. I boycott 3D because it gives me multi-day long headaches, but it's just a gimmick to make you spend $5-$10 more on a movie.

And I'm sad to see movies that came out less than 20 years ago being remade! Are there no new ideas out there? Goodness.

Also agree on Batman. Nolan's Batman is genius.
07/13/2010
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Ok, so when I was growing up, the Smurfs were the shit. Hell, one of my nicknames in high school was Smurfette since I'm short and I had blue hair. I've really enjoyed having grown up with the cartoon (even if it was out ages before I was ...
That news makes me all smurfy. I cant wait to see Smurfette, She make's my heart go smurf.
07/13/2010
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
I think it's kind of pathetic that all Hollywood can do is recycle old shit and make it into 3D two hour long snore fests.

Except for remaking Batman. Christopher Nolan's Batman is the best EVER.
I have to agree in a way, it seems like all they do is say "hey we did this in the 80s and it was awesome, let's do it again!"

Although, Hollywood has been doing that for years and years, I just hadn't noticed. I recently got into watching classic films and I've noticed a lot of them are originals to movies that I've seen or are eerily similiar and were what inspired the newer movie. Like, Sweet Novemeber. That one was out in the early 2000s I think it was, with Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron. At the time I really liked that movie. Then I recently saw the 1968 original and it blew me away. It was just SO MUCH better. Now I think about the remake and I realize why it sucked and wasn't nearly as good. So, I think that's why people who don't remember these 80s movies/shows like the new movies so much..because they don't have the originals to compare it to in their mind. And of course now thinks are all flashy dashy and crap. Personally I like the old days when Actors had to rely on their acting skills and not the special effects!
07/13/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
That news makes me all smurfy. I cant wait to see Smurfette, She make's my heart go smurf.
Actually, my favorite smurf line is

Smurf you, you smurfin smurf!
07/13/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
I have to agree in a way, it seems like all they do is say "hey we did this in the 80s and it was awesome, let's do it again!"

Although, Hollywood has been doing that for years and years, I just hadn't noticed. I recently ...
exactly! Like Avatar? No acting! The people just walked around with motion detectors on them and then they got downloaded into a computer. That's lazy and kind of insulting.

And I'm sick of the 3D movies! They're kind of shitty for people who wear glasses like me! I can't watch the 3D movies without getting nauseated becuase I have to wear glasses over glasses and I can't afford contacts right now! BASTARDS.
07/13/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by Annemarie
Yeah, I agree with you on all counts. I boycott 3D because it gives me multi-day long headaches, but it's just a gimmick to make you spend $5-$10 more on a movie.

And I'm sad to see movies that came out less than 20 years ago being ...
Nolan is a genius! Inception seems to be the only original-looking movie coming out this summer. All the rest are sequels, kid's movies (though I'm not knocking Toy Story 3 or Despicable Me) or rehashed comic books.
07/13/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I just saw Airbender the other weekend. It was my first 3D movie. It wasn't too bad. I like how it makes going to the movies a little more memorable experience. Going to the movies used to be THE thing to do. I think Jaws ended all that though (the first summer blockbuster movie).
07/13/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
OMG my boyfriend and I were talking about that during the previews of Despicable me. We boycot all 3-D movies and technology that is coming out.

I totally agree with you, especially with horror flicks. COME ON! Predators again...Jason vs. ...
LOL!!!! It's funny because Back to the Future (insert sequel number) foretold of 3-D Jaws...

Jaws 19: IN 3-D.

And as I recall, the joke was that Jaws 19, despite its 3-D animation, was just as terrible as the rest of the spin offs.
07/13/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I just saw Airbender the other weekend. It was my first 3D movie. It wasn't too bad. I like how it makes going to the movies a little more memorable experience. Going to the movies used to be THE thing to do. I think Jaws ended all that though ...
Have you heard of the upcoming Piranha 3D?
07/13/2010
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 54
Unique posters: 19