Adding & Subtracting: Extreme Body Mods

Adding & Subtracting: Extreme Body Mods

~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Attached Arm

How do you feel about extreme body mods? This article I found talks about two brothers who have actually taken off the arm from one brother and implanted it to the other! Another thing they did was removed the top digit on a finger and added it to another making a longer alien like finger.

I think this stuff looks cool, but is irresponsible for doctors to perform which is why they won't release their names.

Article Link
04/15/2010
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~


How do you feel about extreme body mods? This article I found talks about two brothers who have actually taken off the arm from one brother and implanted it to the other! Another thing they did was removed the top digit on a finger and added ...
oh
my
gawd

I'm speechless...good thing I'm typing...
04/15/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
oh
my
gawd

I'm speechless...good thing I'm typing...
Their interview is really interesting. These guys are a different breed of people lol.
04/15/2010
Sir Sir
Interesting. Funny how that's "fine" but people who want to get reassignment surgery are put down and not accepted by doctors.

Honestly, if that's what they like to do, then all for them. Not really my business, and I honestly don't give a damn. I'm interested to see what they have in mind when they say that they want to do some modifications to their genitals.
04/15/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
well...did you see the finger pic?
04/15/2010
Gary Gary
Wow! I don't believe that is real. Even if you could prove it to me!
04/15/2010
Hannah Savage Hannah Savage
I could only believe this if I met them in real life. Even if there were close-up, high-definition images of all involved body parts I still wouldn't believe it. Photoshop is too powerful.
04/15/2010
Gardenvy Gardenvy
Straight F'n nasty!!! Oh wow I wish I never clicked on that link! LOL EWWWWWWW! I can't even get a shot with out feeling nauseous, I think I might just...
04/15/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Hannah Savage
I could only believe this if I met them in real life. Even if there were close-up, high-definition images of all involved body parts I still wouldn't believe it. Photoshop is too powerful.
I assure you it is real. The site that the interview came from is a popular accredited bod mod site. They interviewed the individuals in person.
04/15/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Interesting. Funny how that's "fine" but people who want to get reassignment surgery are put down and not accepted by doctors.

Honestly, if that's what they like to do, then all for them. Not really my business, and I ...
I totally agree. Double standards...
04/15/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I totally agree. Double standards...
HAHA! Yeah, I know. There always are.
04/15/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Calling BS

Snopes link
04/15/2010
Hannah Savage Hannah Savage
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I assure you it is real. The site that the interview came from is a popular accredited bod mod site. They interviewed the individuals in person.
Oh I know, I frequent BME, and I have seen some of the insane things that are on there. Maybe it's just that my mind has such a hard time wrapping itself around the reality of it all.
04/15/2010
Luscious Lily Luscious Lily
Assuming this is real, my Neuroscience training has me squealing with glee over the fact that there is sensation in the tip of the transplanted finger. HOLY SHIT. Seriously, most of you have no idea how big a deal that is. No, seriously, it's even bigger than THAT. It's... something that makes me cry inside because it wasn't done in a research lab where they could learn from it as the nerves "hooked up," as it were.
04/15/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
the article was dated 4/1/99
04/15/2010
Luscious Lily Luscious Lily
*sigh* Oh well.
04/15/2010
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Wow! I don't believe that is real. Even if you could prove it to me!
I don't believe it either. The pictures are too convenient, why can't they show us an angle that will let us see the right arm of the donor?

The longer finger is completely healed with no redness while the hand from which the finger was severed is wearing a band-aid. It would be healed by then. So the band-aid is there to hide the fact that the finger is bended.

Besides, if the pictures were all taken in that same interview, then the hand picture is a complete fake since it would really be a picture of the same hand. The arm donor is wearing a green coat, but both hands pictures show a dark blue or black coat. It's the same hand.

And who completes interviews in a junkyard/backyard?

My 2 cents.
04/15/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
I dunno. Extreme body mods are fine to me. Honestly, if that's what you want to do, go for it. I live with the motto of "what works for you doesn't have to work for me." If people want to look like mutants out of Swamp Thing, then let them. Freedom of speech and expression are still part of our rights as human beings...I think. I don't know anymore these days.

Let 'em have what they want. If they're willing to pay the money to have an arm attached to them, I'd like to know what they do for a living. Sure would be nice to have that kind of money!
04/16/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
the article was dated 4/1/99
I'm missing something. What does the date of the article matter? Explain?


Real or not, I'm sure if this hasn't been done...SOMEONE will want to come along and do it. I mean people are altering their ears to look like elves now a days lol.
04/16/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I'm missing something. What does the date of the article matter? Explain?


Real or not, I'm sure if this hasn't been done...SOMEONE will want to come along and do it. I mean people are altering their ears to look like elves now a days lol.
April Fool's Day 1999
04/16/2010
Chilipepper Chilipepper
Stick his brother's head on his shoulder, and he can be BBC's version of Zaphod Beeblebrox from 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'.
04/16/2010
Red Red
Has anyone read "Stiff" by Mary Roach? If not, it worth checking out. That where I first leaned that head transplants were possible. Ah, the loss of a bit of my innocence. Anyways, article legitness aside, I find myself wondering if such a thing would even work. My feeling is no. I wonder if we'll ever get there?

As for the body mods, however, I am sure there must be people who have opted to have (or dreamed heavily about) having limbs removed? That part is not so far fetched, I think.

I've never understood extreme body modification - even though I try very very very hard to make myself accept it, I still get a visceral "oh man....nooooo...." feeling from things you see on BME. I would love to get a better understanding of *why* someone would want to do something extreme like amputate a limb (or digit).
04/16/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
April Fool's Day 1999
HAHA DUH! I haven't paid attention to that date since I was like 12 so thanks for pointing it out.
04/16/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Has anyone read "Stiff" by Mary Roach? If not, it worth checking out. That where I first leaned that head transplants were possible. Ah, the loss of a bit of my innocence. Anyways, article legitness aside, I find myself wondering if ...
Head transplants...uh seriously?!? WOW. You have got me intrigued Red!

I think it might work...haven't they attached body parts to the same individual if they are not ready for reattachment? Like in an accident of some sort and the body part needs to harvest blood. But, I am no medical expert so...

The removing limbs thing has happened. Some people have fetishes of amputation. Crazy right?!
04/16/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
the article was dated 4/1/99
So that is the proof then? This was still a fun thread. Something like EF's own 'believe it or not' discussion.
04/16/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Has anyone read "Stiff" by Mary Roach? If not, it worth checking out. That where I first leaned that head transplants were possible. Ah, the loss of a bit of my innocence. Anyways, article legitness aside, I find myself wondering if ...
There are people who feel that they should have been born amputees, actually. It's fairly sad, too, because doctors will obviously not perform that.
04/16/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
yeah, Snopes for the win i guess.

Sorry to disappoint
04/16/2010
yatinp30 yatinp30
freaky
05/11/2011
tiname25 tiname25
Too much freaky
05/11/2011
hotcoktail hotcoktail
freaky means more fun
05/12/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 33
Unique posters: 16